Porting unlocked T-mobile Huwei Comet Phone to AT&T

Contributor

Porting unlocked T-mobile Huwei Comet Phone to AT&T

After much talking with AT&T technical support I was going to give up and send back my new SIM card, but I got it working. Here is the story.

I have a T-mobile Huwei Comet pay as you go  that I used to roam onto AT&T networks during frequent travel outside of T-mobile coverage. In December data roaming was cancelled without notice. After many hours with T-mobile support that was the outcome. So T-mobile gave me the unlock code and I bought an AT&T SIM on the web and unlocked and activated the phone. The phone worked fine but no data. After much time with technical support from AT&T and an attempt to give me an APN to type in it still didn't work. But I have found that minimal info is needed for the data to work. Just go into

Settings

Wireless & networks

Mobile Networks

Access Point Names

Then add a new APN with the following:

• Name: ATT WAP
  • APN:  wap.cingular

Everything else should be left blank or unchanged.

Go to menu and Save.

Then Back up to Network operators and pick AT&T. This step may not be necessary. Maybe you just need to turn the phone off and on again. Anyway, that is it, and it now works.

Ron {Personal content removed for your safety}

Message 1 of 3
Former Community Manager

Re: Porting unlocked T-mobile Huwei Comet Phone to AT&T

Thanks for the great info! I'm glad you were able to resolve this and appreciate you posting the steps to save someone else the trouble. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Porting unlocked T-mobile Huwei Comet Phone to AT&T

That should be Huawei Comet
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Find the Unlimited Plan that works best for you at our Knowledge Sharing Session: Whole Lotta' Data Going On on Wed. 6/28 from 1-4pm ET / noon-3pm CT / 10am-1pm PT!

Find out the very latest about the new iPad Pros!

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support