Porting a number off Family Plan (answered my own question; figured I'd post the info)

Highlighted

Porting a number off Family Plan (answered my own question; figured I'd post the info)

I have a Family Plan (under my name) that includes my phone and a friend's phone. My friend wants to switch to another provider. Her phone is out-of-contract so no early termination fee. Smiley Happy

So the question I had was, do I need to be with my friend as she shops for a new phone? Or can she port the number over without my having to be there. Here are the steps the AT&T rep just gave me:

1. She can go to the mall and shop for a phone.

2. She calls me from the mall when she ports the number over so I can verify account credentials

3. Once her number is ported over, I need to call AT&T to switch to an individual plan

4. I will not lose my Unlimited Data plan, and if I add Unlimited Text I will get unlimited minutes mobile-to-mobile (even if the mobile I'm calling is on another service provider [Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.]).

I hope this info is helpful for anyone who is in a similar situation. Of course a call to AT&T is always a good thing.

Thanks,

Don

{Personal content removed for your safety}

Message 1 of 1
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support