Helpful Links

Port Verizon Business Landline Number to AT&T Family Plan?

Scholar

Port Verizon Business Landline Number to AT&T Family Plan?

My parents have had a Verizon business landline at the office that they've occupied for roughly 30 years. 

They are getting ready to go into semi-retirement and move out of their office space. 

They would like to keep the Verizon business landline phone number from their office and port it over to their AT&T family plan so as not to lose contact with people who might try to call them via that number. 

Anyone know of anything that might get in the way porting the Verizon business number to their AT&T family plan? 

Message 1 of 7
Professor

Re: Port Verizon Business Landline Number to AT&T Family Plan?

They should be able to, have them call into customer service. Customer service can check the port eligibility, then get them over to the porting team to bring the number in.

Message 2 of 7
Scholar

Thanks, UNSC_REACH -- I appreciate the feedback. 

I placed a call to AT&T customer service this morning and they verified that the Verizon number in question is indeed eligible to be ported to our AT&T family plan. 

My slight fear was that the number, being a Verizon business landline number, might somehow be restricted from porting. 

This is very good stuff to know for our planning over the next couple of months. 

Message 3 of 7
Professor

Not a problem, let us know how it goes.

Typically they will need to know the Verizon account number and the SSN (or just the last 4). Also, if there are any passwords or passcodes on the Verizon account, that will be asked as well.

When the port is started, Verizon will usually cancel the account on their side immediately. Landlines will take a bit longer to complete the port, but it should go well.

Message 4 of 7
Scholar

Got it.  And thanks again. 

I had to go through a similar process in recent months, and what you describe is pretty much what I had to do (in porting a Verizon landline number to my Verizon Wireless mobile line, then a few months later moving to AT&T and porting my Verizon Wireless number -- formerly my Verizon home number -- to AT&T). 

But, in my case I wasn't dealing with a business landline, and I figured that could potentially involve some kinds of unanticipated problems. Fortunately, it looks like the porting should go just fine once we set it in motion (with perhaps a slight delay in service due to a landline being involved). 

Message 5 of 7
Contributor

were you successful in porting your verizon business line to att family plan

Message 6 of 7
Scholar

Yes, porting the Verizon business landline number was simple.  AT&T handles the entire thing.  If I recall correctly, they (the AT&T folks) warned us that the process could take a couple of working days to get done, but I think the real time to get it done was actually less (maybe a day or less in actual number of hours).   I believe you need to have relevant info to prove you're the landline owner (like a bill with the account number so that you can present that info to the AT&T representative who initiates the porting of the number).  You don't need to contact Verizon about it -- AT&T takes care of all the needed steps.  

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Is the iPhone X worth it? Find out why it totally is!

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Wireless this holiday season!

Additional Support