Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

Professor

Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

If you dial 611 with EDGE or 3G cellular data turned on, you may get the on-screen AT&T Mobile Care. For clarification, I have attached 3 snapshots       

Message 1 of 17
Scholar

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

wdsnls wrote:

When you had the app work, did you have either wifi or 3G turned on? I am also wondering if this latest version is the problem?

Definitely needs 3G data. In fact, I did have wi-fi enabled but the app still used 3G data. When I used it, though, it felt glitchy. I remember I was trying to buy a 10MB data package but I ended up disabling 3G data and calling 611 since I was having issues adding it from the app. Come to think about it, I forget which phone I was using at the time. Will have to test it again on my mom's and my dad's Thrive as I'm just getting the "will be available shortly" message on mine.

Tags (1)
  • Tags:
Message 16 of 17
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

Just tried it again. Works on my dad's Thrive (which is probably what I was playing with this weekend) but doesn't work on mine (available shortly message). Both phones have the same version of the Mobile Care app (2.7.2.107862). Will test my mom's phone when she gets home. My guess, AT&T's only doing a limited rollout at this point until they iron out all the bugs.
Message 17 of 17
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Additional Support