Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

Highlighted
Professor

Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

[ Edited ]

If you dial 611 with EDGE or 3G cellular data turned on, you may get the on-screen AT&T Mobile Care. For clarification, I have attached 3 snapshots       

Message 1 of 17 (719 Views)
Scholar

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

Snapshots do not display. Please give more information on your findings for this application. I have two phones and it will not work on either. AT&T Customer Support is of no help.

Message 2 of 17 (690 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

Message 3 of 17 (668 Views)
Scholar

My phones have never shown the third screen. The second screen appears sometimes and the progress bar never fully loads. Usually I get a screen with the same colors as your third screen with the following message: "This application will be available shortly. Please try again later." You can only hit the menu button and select exit.

When I bought my first phone and spending hours with customer service, I was told the phone was defective and they would replace it. The only problem was it would be replaced with a refurbished phone. No to that! A few months later, my wife purchased the same phone and the same problem existed with AT&T MobileCare. I would still like it to work but I am not replacing two phones that otherwise are problem free.

Message 4 of 17 (647 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

wdsnls wrote:

My phones have never shown the third screen. The second screen appears sometimes and the progress bar never fully loads. Usually I get a screen with the same colors as your third screen with the following message: "This application will be available shortly. Please try again later." You can only hit the menu button and select exit.

When I bought my first phone and spending hours with customer service, I was told the phone was defective and they would replace it. The only problem was it would be replaced with a refurbished phone. No to that! A few months later, my wife purchased the same phone and the same problem existed with AT&T MobileCare. I would still like it to work but I am not replacing two phones that otherwise are problem free.

I don't know yet what the issue is. Have you agreed to the terms of service of the Mobile Care App? The other possibility is that the App may not have been fully deployed yet. Aside from this morning, how long ago did you try to get the third screen to load? If it does not load, try again at a later time or on a different day, as the system may not be avaialiable 24/7.

Message 5 of 17 (642 Views)
Master

That's cool that those on-screen menus you were talking about earlier show up like that. No more IVR system who can only understand you half the time! Smiley Very Happy

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 17 (634 Views)
Scholar

ilikewireless wrote:

wdsnls wrote:

I don't know yet what the issue is. Have you agreed to the terms of service of the Mobile Care App? The other possibility is that the App may not have been fully deployed yet. Aside from this morning, how long ago did you try to get the third screen to load? If it does not load, try again at a later time or on a different day, as the system may not be avaialiable 24/7.

I never saw an option to agree to the TOS for either phone. I have been attempting to make this app work on my phone since August 2011 and my wife's for a month. I have tried repeatedly during that time period, sometimes up to thirty minutes.

Message 7 of 17 (633 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

wdsnls wrote:

ilikewireless wrote:

wdsnls wrote:

I never saw an option to agree to the TOS for either phone. I have been attempting to make this app work on my phone since August 2011 and my wife's for a month. I have tried repeatedly during that time period, sometimes up to thirty minutes.

The Mobile Care App on my phone has a version number of 1.4.0.118199. I found the version number by opening the App without dialing 611. What is the version number on yours?

Message 8 of 17 (620 Views)
Scholar

ilikewireless wrote:
The Mobile Care App on my phone has a version number of 1.4.0.118199. I found the version number by opening the App without dialing 611. What is the version number on yours?

Both phones (LG Thrive) have version 2.7.2.107862. Versions were found via settings/applications.

Message 9 of 17 (603 Views)
Scholar

This was actually working for me this weekend but now, I just get the "This application may not be available" message. I'm also on the latest version of the Mobile Care app (2.7.2.107862).

On a side note, anyone here made a refill recently? I'm loading a $100 refill card to my Nexus S and I'd rather not encounter any issues (which seems to be aplenty this past weekend).

Message 10 of 17 (598 Views)
Professor

I refilled my data last Saturday. I did not refill the main account.
Message 11 of 17 (549 Views)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:
That's cool that those on-screen menus you were talking about earlier show up like that. No more IVR system who can only understand you half the time! Smiley Very Happy

WB, I think so too.

Message 12 of 17 (538 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

hnzw_rui wrote:

This was actually working for me this weekend but now, I just get the "This application may not be available" message. I'm also on the latest version of the Mobile Care app (2.7.2.107862).

On a side note, anyone here made a refill recently? I'm loading a $100 refill card to my Nexus S and I'd rather not encounter any issues (which seems to be aplenty this past weekend).

When you had the app work, did you have either wifi or 3G turned on? I am also wondering if this latest version is the problem?

Message 13 of 17 (535 Views)
Professor

wdsnls wrote:

ilikewireless wrote:

Both phones (LG Thrive) have version 2.7.2.107862. Versions were found via settings/applications.

Hnzw-rui wrote:

Does your newer version of the Mobile App come with the LG Thrive or did you install the upgrade yourself?

Message 14 of 17 (533 Views)
Scholar

ilikewireless wrote:

Does your newer version of the Mobile App come with the LG Thrive or did you install the upgrade yourself?

Both phones came with the newer version installed.

Message 15 of 17 (529 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.