Reply
Posted Nov 6, 2011
11:26:36 PM
View profile
Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?
Edited by ilikewireless on Nov 6, 2011 at 11:50:28 PM

If you dial 611 with EDGE or 3G cellular data turned on, you may get the on-screen AT&T Mobile Care. For clarification, I have attached 3 snapshots611 DataON.jpg       

Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

[ Edited ]
659 views
16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Post reply
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(16)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 4:38:52 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

Snapshots do not display. Please give more information on your findings for this application. I have two phones and it will not work on either. AT&T Customer Support is of no help.

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

2 of 17 (630 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 9:06:20 AM
0
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Nov 7, 2011 at 9:20:03 AM

2011-11-06 20.53.10.jpg

2011-11-06 20.53.25.jpg

2011-11-06 20.53.36.jpg

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

[ Edited ]
3 of 17 (608 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 12:21:04 PM
0
(0)
Scholar

My phones have never shown the third screen. The second screen appears sometimes and the progress bar never fully loads. Usually I get a screen with the same colors as your third screen with the following message: "This application will be available shortly. Please try again later." You can only hit the menu button and select exit.

 

When I bought my first phone and spending hours with customer service, I was told the phone was defective and they would replace it. The only problem was it would be replaced with a refurbished phone. No to that! A few months later, my wife purchased the same phone and the same problem existed with AT&T MobileCare. I would still like it to work but I am not replacing two phones that otherwise are problem free.

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

4 of 17 (587 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 1:58:14 PM
0
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Nov 7, 2011 at 2:25:12 PM

wdsnls wrote:

My phones have never shown the third screen. The second screen appears sometimes and the progress bar never fully loads. Usually I get a screen with the same colors as your third screen with the following message: "This application will be available shortly. Please try again later." You can only hit the menu button and select exit.

 

When I bought my first phone and spending hours with customer service, I was told the phone was defective and they would replace it. The only problem was it would be replaced with a refurbished phone. No to that! A few months later, my wife purchased the same phone and the same problem existed with AT&T MobileCare. I would still like it to work but I am not replacing two phones that otherwise are problem free.


I don't know yet what the issue is. Have you agreed to the terms of service of the Mobile Care App? The other possibility is that the App may not have been fully deployed yet. Aside from this morning, how long ago did you try to get the third screen to load? If it does not load, try again at a later time or on a different day, as the system may not be avaialiable 24/7.

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

[ Edited ]
5 of 17 (582 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 4:53:29 PM
0
(0)
ACE - Master
That's cool that those on-screen menus you were talking about earlier show up like that. No more IVR system who can only understand you half the time! :smileyvery-happy:

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:



Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

6 of 17 (574 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 4:54:17 PM
0
(0)
Scholar

ilikewireless wrote:

wdsnls wrote:

My phones have never shown the third screen. The second screen appears sometimes and the progress bar never fully loads. Usually I get a screen with the same colors as your third screen with the following message: "This application will be available shortly. Please try again later." You can only hit the menu button and select exit.

 

When I bought my first phone and spending hours with customer service, I was told the phone was defective and they would replace it. The only problem was it would be replaced with a refurbished phone. No to that! A few months later, my wife purchased the same phone and the same problem existed with AT&T MobileCare. I would still like it to work but I am not replacing two phones that otherwise are problem free.


I don't know yet what the issue is. Have you agreed to the terms of service of the Mobile Care App? The other possibility is that the App may not have been fully deployed yet. Aside from this morning, how long ago did you try to get the third screen to load? If it does not load, try again at a later time or on a different day, as the system may not be avaialiable 24/7.


I never saw an option to agree to the TOS for either phone. I have been attempting to make this app work on my phone since August 2011 and my wife's for a month. I have tried repeatedly during that time period, sometimes up to thirty minutes.

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

7 of 17 (573 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 6:26:49 PM
0
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Nov 7, 2011 at 6:29:42 PM

wdsnls wrote:

ilikewireless wrote:

wdsnls wrote:

My phones have never shown the third screen. The second screen appears sometimes and the progress bar never fully loads. Usually I get a screen with the same colors as your third screen with the following message: "This application will be available shortly. Please try again later." You can only hit the menu button and select exit.

 

When I bought my first phone and spending hours with customer service, I was told the phone was defective and they would replace it. The only problem was it would be replaced with a refurbished phone. No to that! A few months later, my wife purchased the same phone and the same problem existed with AT&T MobileCare. I would still like it to work but I am not replacing two phones that otherwise are problem free.


I don't know yet what the issue is. Have you agreed to the terms of service of the Mobile Care App? The other possibility is that the App may not have been fully deployed yet. Aside from this morning, how long ago did you try to get the third screen to load? If it does not load, try again at a later time or on a different day, as the system may not be avaialiable 24/7.


I never saw an option to agree to the TOS for either phone. I have been attempting to make this app work on my phone since August 2011 and my wife's for a month. I have tried repeatedly during that time period, sometimes up to thirty minutes.



The Mobile Care App on my phone has a version number of 1.4.0.118199. I found the version number by opening the App without dialing 611. What is the version number on yours?

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

[ Edited ]
8 of 17 (560 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 3:43:09 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

ilikewireless wrote:
The Mobile Care App on my phone has a version number of 1.4.0.118199. I found the version number by opening the App without dialing 611. What is the version number on yours?

Both phones (LG Thrive) have version 2.7.2.107862. Versions were found via settings/applications.

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

9 of 17 (543 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 6:58:24 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

This was actually working for me this weekend but now, I just get the "This application may not be available" message. I'm also on the latest version of the Mobile Care app (2.7.2.107862).

 

On a side note, anyone here made a refill recently? I'm loading a $100 refill card to my Nexus S and I'd rather not encounter any issues (which seems to be aplenty this past weekend).

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

10 of 17 (538 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 9:01:29 AM
0
(0)
Professor
I refilled my data last Saturday. I did not refill the main account.

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

11 of 17 (489 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 11:19:21 AM
0
(0)
Professor

Wild Banchi wrote:
That's cool that those on-screen menus you were talking about earlier show up like that. No more IVR system who can only understand you half the time! :smileyvery-happy:

WB, I think so too.

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

12 of 17 (478 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 11:27:07 AM
0
(0)
Scholar
Edited by wdsnls on Nov 8, 2011 at 11:27:58 AM

hnzw_rui wrote:

This was actually working for me this weekend but now, I just get the "This application may not be available" message. I'm also on the latest version of the Mobile Care app (2.7.2.107862).

 

On a side note, anyone here made a refill recently? I'm loading a $100 refill card to my Nexus S and I'd rather not encounter any issues (which seems to be aplenty this past weekend).


 

When you had the app work, did you have either wifi or 3G turned on? I am also wondering if this latest version is the problem?

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

[ Edited ]
13 of 17 (475 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 11:29:47 AM
0
(0)
Professor

wdsnls wrote:

ilikewireless wrote:
The Mobile Care App on my phone has a version number of 1.4.0.118199. I found the version number by opening the App without dialing 611. What is the version number on yours?

Both phones (LG Thrive) have version 2.7.2.107862. Versions were found via settings/applications.


Hnzw-rui wrote:

 

This was actually working for me this weekend but now, I just get the "This application may not be available" message. I'm also on the latest version of the Mobile Care app (2.7.2.107862).

 


 

Does your newer version of the Mobile App come with the LG Thrive or did you install the upgrade yourself?

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

14 of 17 (473 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 11:35:24 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

ilikewireless wrote:

 

Does your newer version of the Mobile App come with the LG Thrive or did you install the upgrade yourself?


Both phones came with the newer version installed.

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

15 of 17 (469 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 12:57:22 PM
0
(0)
Scholar

wdsnls wrote:

When you had the app work, did you have either wifi or 3G turned on? I am also wondering if this latest version is the problem?


Definitely needs 3G data. In fact, I did have wi-fi enabled but the app still used 3G data. When I used it, though, it felt glitchy. I remember I was trying to buy a 10MB data package but I ended up disabling 3G data and calling 611 since I was having issues adding it from the app. Come to think about it, I forget which phone I was using at the time. Will have to test it again on my mom's and my dad's Thrive as I'm just getting the "will be available shortly" message on mine.

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

16 of 17 (462 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 3:35:28 PM
0
(0)
Scholar
Just tried it again. Works on my dad's Thrive (which is probably what I was playing with this weekend) but doesn't work on mine (available shortly message). Both phones have the same version of the Mobile Care app (2.7.2.107862). Will test my mom's phone when she gets home. My guess, AT&T's only doing a limited rollout at this point until they iron out all the bugs.

Re: Poll: Tried the smartphone on-screen mobile care yet?

17 of 17 (453 Views)
Share this post
Share this post