Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 11, 2011
10:23:51 AM
View profile
Pnatech Link P7040 i need to change or turn off shortcut keys

I have a pay as you go and the shortcut key for mobile web is the 5/F key.  I am constantly accidentally hitting this key in my pocket and it connects to internet and uses all my minutes!  is there a way to disable the shortcut key or change it or prevent it from connnecting to the web?

I have a pay as you go and the shortcut key for mobile web is the 5/F key.  I am constantly accidentally hitting this key in my pocket and it connects to internet and uses all my minutes!  is there a way to disable the shortcut key or change it or prevent it from connnecting to the web?

Pnatech Link P7040 i need to change or turn off shortcut keys

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2011 2:15:58 AM
(0)
Employee
Edited by JFizDaWiz on Jan 21, 2011 at 2:16:53 AM

if you never want to use the internet go to http://www.wireless.att.com/support/tutorials.do?tutorialsCategory=Internet&tutorialId=801450&device... and create a new profile and put whatever you want in the boxes so it will be unable to access data.

or call prepaid and put a data block on it

if you want access other than that you probably cannot get rid of the shortcut and would need to contact Pantech if you really want to know

if you never want to use the internet go to http://www.wireless.att.com/support/tutorials.do?tutorialsCategory=Internet&tutorialId=801450&deviceId=11780 and create a new profile and put whatever you want in the boxes so it will be unable to access data.

or call prepaid and put a data block on it

if you want access other than that you probably cannot get rid of the shortcut and would need to contact Pantech if you really want to know

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Pnatech Link P7040 i need to change or turn off shortcut keys

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (3,639 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2011 11:04:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

Couldn't you just lock the keyboard before you put the phone in your pocket and that would end the pocket accessing the phone.

Couldn't you just lock the keyboard before you put the phone in your pocket and that would end the pocket accessing the phone.

3 of 4 (3,184 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 7, 2011 7:02:35 AM
(0)
Mentor

I agree. Locking the keyboard will prevent this. I always lock mine when putting it in my pocket and/or in the case at any time.

I agree. Locking the keyboard will prevent this. I always lock mine when putting it in my pocket and/or in the case at any time.

4 of 4 (2,775 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments