Posted Feb 14, 2011
1:27:21 AM
Plz post your Inspires SpeedTest.
I think speedtest.net is pre-loaded. Dunno bout u,but for me itll weigh heavily in my decision to keepit or not. I think Quadrant is there too. Thatd help to see if theres any variations from phone to phone.
RSVP.....Yo.
I think speedtest.net is pre-loaded. Dunno bout u,but for me itll weigh heavily in my decision to keepit or not. I think Quadrant is there too. Thatd help to see if theres any variations from phone to phone.
RSVP.....Yo.

Plz post your Inspires SpeedTest.

22 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(22)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2011 1:40:41 AM
(0)
Scholar
The best I could do is 2.74 dn,.31 up. Sure beats my Tilt2. But still sucks. How's yours? The full AT&T & XDA sites are loading very fast.
The best I could do is 2.74 dn,.31 up. Sure beats my Tilt2. But still sucks. How's yours? The full AT&T & XDA sites are loading very fast.

Re: Plz post your Inspires SpeedTest.

2 of 23 (2,162 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Feb 17, 2011 12:18:59 PM
(0)
Tutor

The H+ icon up in top right is a flaw, its only 3g, hspa+ isnt officially turned on until march 1st.

The H+ icon up in top right is a flaw, its only 3g, hspa+ isnt officially turned on until march 1st.

3 of 23 (2,112 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2011 1:40:25 PM
(0)
Scholar
It says in the owners manual when u see the 2 arrows lightup under the H+ that means your on 4G. So who's right? Mines lightingup all the time. So is HSPA+ on,or are we gonna suddenly see much better speeds on the first. I don't think this guy knows what he's talkin about. Today I got 1805 with quadrant test. Not bad.
It says in the owners manual when u see the 2 arrows lightup under the H+ that means your on 4G. So who's right? Mines lightingup all the time. So is HSPA+ on,or are we gonna suddenly see much better speeds on the first. I don't think this guy knows what he's talkin about. Today I got 1805 with quadrant test. Not bad.

4 of 23 (2,092 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2011 12:35:48 AM
(0)
Scholar
I actually gotup to3.2Mb down yesterday. But that's rare. I'm getting .25-.13Mb up. According to a few reliable sources,the Inspires upload speed is tampered with for some reason? Check BGR or Engadgets articles about the Inspire. This cant be good.....
I actually gotup to3.2Mb down yesterday. But that's rare. I'm getting .25-.13Mb up. According to a few reliable sources,the Inspires upload speed is tampered with for some reason? Check BGR or Engadgets articles about the Inspire. This cant be good.....

5 of 23 (1,886 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 22, 2011 1:15:12 PM
(0)
Expert

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:

Confirmed...the 4G upload has been disabled on the Inspire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:

Confirmed...the 4G upload has been disabled on the Inspire.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Prev. devices: SGS, Note 2, SGS3, Galaxy Nexus, T-Mobile, G2x, iPhone4, HTC HD2, HTC Fuze, HTC StarTrek, BB Bold

6 of 23 (1,844 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 7:56:51 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

cellphonereviews4u wrote:

The backhaul has already been deployed and running in many areas.   They aren't going to wait until March 1st to magically flip a switch and turn on 4G on the entire network.  I've gotten speeds of up to 4Mbps in my local area.   remember, ATT is only claiming speeds of "up to" 6 Mbps on the HSPA+ backhaul.  And that's probably a best case scenario.  Its very dependent on network congestion.  I've gotten as low as 1 Mbps in the same location as the previously mentioned 4 Mbps.

cellphonereviews4u wrote:

The backhaul has already been deployed and running in many areas.   They aren't going to wait until March 1st to magically flip a switch and turn on 4G on the entire network.  I've gotten speeds of up to 4Mbps in my local area.   remember, ATT is only claiming speeds of "up to" 6 Mbps on the HSPA+ backhaul.  And that's probably a best case scenario.  Its very dependent on network congestion.  I've gotten as low as 1 Mbps in the same location as the previously mentioned 4 Mbps.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 23 (1,770 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 23, 2011 8:03:08 AM
(0)
Scholar
Upload speed is crippled. Why? Makes no sense. This is very bad.....& getting worse.
Upload speed is crippled. Why? Makes no sense. This is very bad.....& getting worse.

8 of 23 (1,756 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 24, 2011 8:53:25 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by Twenty4 on Feb 24, 2011 at 8:55:08 PM

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:

It can be fixed on the user end but we should not have to! Photobucket

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:

It can be fixed on the user end but we should not have to! Photobucket

[ Edited ]
9 of 23 (1,631 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2011 4:34:04 AM
(0)
Scholar
2.6dn/1.6up....that's still not 4G. Theoretical is 14 down. We should be getting at least half of that. I'm takin mine back. If U bought an Inspire,u were ripped off. ATT knew they were selling tampered with phones,when they sold them. How many customers do they need to bring a class action lawsuit? If this doesn't qualify,I don't know what does. Didn't ATT customers just settle a class action lawsuit against ATT recently? This pseudo 4G labelling is also a farce. I thought Id get at least 5-6Mbs down & up. I really don't want to leave ATT. I must be their oldest customer. But if u were out of contract,like me,and VZ had a DesireHD,with LTE,what would u do? I wonder if the Thunderbolt will also only have 1GB of storage,like the Inspire? NOT.
2.6dn/1.6up....that's still not 4G. Theoretical is 14 down. We should be getting at least half of that. I'm takin mine back. If U bought an Inspire,u were ripped off. ATT knew they were selling tampered with phones,when they sold them. How many customers do they need to bring a class action lawsuit? If this doesn't qualify,I don't know what does. Didn't ATT customers just settle a class action lawsuit against ATT recently? This pseudo 4G labelling is also a farce. I thought Id get at least 5-6Mbs down & up. I really don't want to leave ATT. I must be their oldest customer. But if u were out of contract,like me,and VZ had a DesireHD,with LTE,what would u do? I wonder if the Thunderbolt will also only have 1GB of storage,like the Inspire? NOT.

10 of 23 (1,601 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2011 7:25:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:
2.6dn/1.6up....that's still not 4G. Theoretical is 14 down. We should be getting at least half of that. I'm takin mine back. If U bought an Inspire,u were ripped off. ATT knew they were selling tampered with phones,when they sold them. How many customers do they need to bring a class action lawsuit? If this doesn't qualify,I don't know what does. Didn't ATT customers just settle a class action lawsuit against ATT recently? This pseudo 4G labelling is also a farce. I thought Id get at least 5-6Mbs down & up.  I really don't want to leave ATT. I must be their oldest customer. But if u were out of contract,like me,and VZ had a DesireHD,with LTE,what would u do? I wonder if the Thunderbolt will also only have 1GB of storage,like the Inspire? NOT.

14.4 Mbps download speed is just the phone's hardware limitation.  I think the HSPA+ technology actually has the potential to be much faster than that.  AT&T has only ever said that their HSPA+ backhaul would get speeds "up to 6 Mbps".  There's no reason to expect any more than that, regardless of what is "theoretically" possible.  And 6 Mbps is probably under very optimal conditions.   A number they threw out for marketing purposes because they know for the most part they will not be accountable for it.  I don't ever expect to see close to 6 Mbps in real life.  But I have seen up to 3.9 Mbps in my market (with 2.5 to 3 Mbps seeming to be the more average condition).

It sounds like you are getting really hung up on the numbers, instead of the actual function of the phone.  If another carrier has the coverage and service you want, at the right price, and the phones you want, then by all means switch.  But there is no "perfect" carrier.  They all have their pros and cons.

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:
2.6dn/1.6up....that's still not 4G. Theoretical is 14 down. We should be getting at least half of that. I'm takin mine back. If U bought an Inspire,u were ripped off. ATT knew they were selling tampered with phones,when they sold them. How many customers do they need to bring a class action lawsuit? If this doesn't qualify,I don't know what does. Didn't ATT customers just settle a class action lawsuit against ATT recently? This pseudo 4G labelling is also a farce. I thought Id get at least 5-6Mbs down & up.  I really don't want to leave ATT. I must be their oldest customer. But if u were out of contract,like me,and VZ had a DesireHD,with LTE,what would u do? I wonder if the Thunderbolt will also only have 1GB of storage,like the Inspire? NOT.

14.4 Mbps download speed is just the phone's hardware limitation.  I think the HSPA+ technology actually has the potential to be much faster than that.  AT&T has only ever said that their HSPA+ backhaul would get speeds "up to 6 Mbps".  There's no reason to expect any more than that, regardless of what is "theoretically" possible.  And 6 Mbps is probably under very optimal conditions.   A number they threw out for marketing purposes because they know for the most part they will not be accountable for it.  I don't ever expect to see close to 6 Mbps in real life.  But I have seen up to 3.9 Mbps in my market (with 2.5 to 3 Mbps seeming to be the more average condition).

It sounds like you are getting really hung up on the numbers, instead of the actual function of the phone.  If another carrier has the coverage and service you want, at the right price, and the phones you want, then by all means switch.  But there is no "perfect" carrier.  They all have their pros and cons.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

11 of 23 (1,190 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2011 7:39:29 AM
(0)
Scholar
There's other carriers? Thanx..... when u are with a service for 14 years,same #,u don't want to switch. I just expect to get what I paid for. I know a lot of people are feeling gullible after finding out theyre new phones don't liveup to the sales pitch. Backhaul,Rel.5,4G,theoretical vs actual etc. Buyer beware. It's got the same speeds as your old phone. Period.
There's other carriers? Thanx..... when u are with a service for 14 years,same #,u don't want to switch. I just expect to get what I paid for. I know a lot of people are feeling gullible after finding out theyre new phones don't liveup to the sales pitch. Backhaul,Rel.5,4G,theoretical vs actual etc. Buyer beware. It's got the same speeds as your old phone. Period.

12 of 23 (1,187 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2011 8:08:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:

Cell phone number portability is pretty easy nowadays.  Its been law for a few years now that the number belongs to you.  I think carriers will even do the number switching for you when you sign up.  Don't let 14 years of loyalty hold you back either.  AT&T would drop you in a second if they had a reason to.  I've been a customer for 11 years.  But that wouldn't keep me from switching.  My main reasons are that T-Mobile coverage has not been good in my market (but constantly improving); and AT&T offers the best service for international travel (a work requirement for me) while CDMA is near worthless abroad.  The "world" phones choices (with both CDMA and GSM) are very limited on Verizon, and tend not to include the better Android phones.

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:

Cell phone number portability is pretty easy nowadays.  Its been law for a few years now that the number belongs to you.  I think carriers will even do the number switching for you when you sign up.  Don't let 14 years of loyalty hold you back either.  AT&T would drop you in a second if they had a reason to.  I've been a customer for 11 years.  But that wouldn't keep me from switching.  My main reasons are that T-Mobile coverage has not been good in my market (but constantly improving); and AT&T offers the best service for international travel (a work requirement for me) while CDMA is near worthless abroad.  The "world" phones choices (with both CDMA and GSM) are very limited on Verizon, and tend not to include the better Android phones.

13 of 23 (1,179 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 25, 2011 3:09:11 PM
(0)
Scholar
That's all common knowledge. Tell me something I don't know. Does anyone really think that staying & not leaving is just because of # portability issues? Please.......its like an old friend.
That's all common knowledge. Tell me something I don't know. Does anyone really think that staying & not leaving is just because of # portability issues? Please.......its like an old friend.

14 of 23 (1,153 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 26, 2011 7:50:27 PM
(0)
Scholar
Is # portability easy these days? Good. I'm glad we cleared that up! Not. Back to the subject. I just tried again. 2 arrows lit,with 3bars. I tried 2X. I got; 1.3dn/.13up,then 1.50dn/.22up. I've seen 3.0dn 1 or 2 times. But most of the time this is what I'm getting. Hope you're having better luck. This ain't what I paid for.
Is # portability easy these days? Good. I'm glad we cleared that up! Not. Back to the subject. I just tried again. 2 arrows lit,with 3bars. I tried 2X. I got; 1.3dn/.13up,then 1.50dn/.22up. I've seen 3.0dn 1 or 2 times. But most of the time this is what I'm getting. Hope you're having better luck. This ain't what I paid for.

15 of 23 (1,126 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2011 6:13:31 PM
(0)
Professor

2886 down and 381 up is the best I have gotten so far. The upload speed is definitely capped by the AT&T firmware. I got 9169 down and 2845 up on my wifi with the only run I've taken so far.

2886 down and 381 up is the best I have gotten so far. The upload speed is definitely capped by the AT&T firmware. I got 9169 down and 2845 up on my wifi with the only run I've taken so far.

16 of 23 (1,076 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2011 9:25:57 PM
(0)
Scholar
2718 down, 304 up the best I got on Atrix. Average is 1800/180...
2718 down, 304 up the best I got on Atrix. Average is 1800/180...

17 of 23 (1,066 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2011 6:29:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:

You just said that was your reason:

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:
when u are with a service for 14 years,same #,u don't want to switch

So stop back peddling.  Plus, I don't understand your statement "its like an old friend" right after you said you understood number portability.  You keep contradicting yourself, so I no longer am sure what you are trying to say.  Besides, just b/c you know something, does not mean that others do as well.  Information posted here if for everyone to read, not just you.  "Common knowledge"???  There really is no such thing.  Besides, I can't read your mind and see what you do or don't know.  I was just trying to be helpful.  I also don't appreciate your snippy responses and sarcasm.  I've simply stated my opinion in a polite manner, and you are completely free to disagree.  But you seem to have a habit of lashing out at people here just b/c they don't agree with you.

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:

You just said that was your reason:

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:
when u are with a service for 14 years,same #,u don't want to switch

So stop back peddling.  Plus, I don't understand your statement "its like an old friend" right after you said you understood number portability.  You keep contradicting yourself, so I no longer am sure what you are trying to say.  Besides, just b/c you know something, does not mean that others do as well.  Information posted here if for everyone to read, not just you.  "Common knowledge"???  There really is no such thing.  Besides, I can't read your mind and see what you do or don't know.  I was just trying to be helpful.  I also don't appreciate your snippy responses and sarcasm.  I've simply stated my opinion in a polite manner, and you are completely free to disagree.  But you seem to have a habit of lashing out at people here just b/c they don't agree with you.

18 of 23 (1,045 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
Mar 1, 2011 7:11:53 AM
(0)
Tutor

i got 4.11 mbps a few tmes on download speed, and upload about .43 mbps

i got 4.11 mbps a few tmes on download speed, and upload about .43 mbps

19 of 23 (1,038 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 1, 2011 3:59:41 PM
(0)
Expert

I have always said, if one is not happy with their service, they should switch carriers.  I used to have AT&T as my personal provider but I wasn't happy with the limited smartphone choices at the time.  So I switched.  My work provider is still with AT&T and am happy in that regard.  Stuck with a BlackBerry, but it's through work and I can't complain.

I'm sure that AT&T had their reasons in capping the speeds.  But in any event, as consumers, we are free to make a choice.  Everyone should exercise that choice when they are unhappy about something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I have always said, if one is not happy with their service, they should switch carriers.  I used to have AT&T as my personal provider but I wasn't happy with the limited smartphone choices at the time.  So I switched.  My work provider is still with AT&T and am happy in that regard.  Stuck with a BlackBerry, but it's through work and I can't complain.

I'm sure that AT&T had their reasons in capping the speeds.  But in any event, as consumers, we are free to make a choice.  Everyone should exercise that choice when they are unhappy about something.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

20 of 23 (1,015 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 2, 2011 5:07:57 PM
(0)
Professor
Store model HTC Inspire 508 ms, 0.80 mbps down, 0.10 mbps up said it was on 4-5 bars of H+ signal.

Older android phone not running on AT&T's network, but a slower more reliable carrier got a speed test in same location of 288ms, 1.29 mbps down, and 0.40 mbps up while showing 3 bars of 3g.

Does AT&T even have a 3g network?
Probably from mobile, maybe. :smileyhappy:
Store model HTC Inspire 508 ms, 0.80 mbps down, 0.10 mbps up said it was on 4-5 bars of H+ signal.

Older android phone not running on AT&T's network, but a slower more reliable carrier got a speed test in same location of 288ms, 1.29 mbps down, and 0.40 mbps up while showing 3 bars of 3g.

Does AT&T even have a 3g network?
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

21 of 23 (918 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2011 7:01:00 PM
(0)
Scholar
.....of my Speedtest. Can someone explain how to do that? Thanxalot.
.....of my Speedtest. Can someone explain how to do that? Thanxalot.

I want to post a picture.....

22 of 23 (859 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2011 7:27:52 PM
(0)
Scholar
Looks like I need to get the picture offa computer. Is there any way to post the picture that's in the phone gallery? I don't have a computer.
Looks like I need to get the picture offa computer. Is there any way to post the picture that's in the phone gallery? I don't have a computer.

Re: I want to post a picture.....

23 of 23 (850 Views)