Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 13, 2012
4:22:13 PM
View profile
Pls restore data options on GoPhone 10c/min plan

I would like to register a complaint.

Taking away the data options from the GoPhone 10c / min plan is an awful idea.

Please restore the availability of data packages to all GoPhone plans!

Taking away the data options from the GoPhone 10c / min plan is an awful idea.

Pls restore data options on GoPhone 10c/min plan

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 13, 2012 10:51:13 PM
(0)
Professor

DataDivo wrote:

. . .

I second that!!!

DataDivo wrote:

. . .

I second that!!!

Re: Pls restore data options on GoPhone 10c/min plan

2 of 8 (1,377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2012 11:08:11 AM
(0)
Professor

DataDivo wrote:

If you like me and many others was deprived without advance notice of using data services you have already paid for under completely different terms with your GoPhone PayAsYouGo account, go ahead and really complain. If enough people do that perhaps they will then pay attention.

You can start that here: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

(mods, before you remove the link, please keep in mind that it's completely relevant to the topic of the thread started by the OP and it doesn't violate the forum rules).

at&t has the right to change the terms of their service, but not for services already paid for in the past and do so without proper advance notice.

DataDivo wrote:

If you like me and many others was deprived without advance notice of using data services you have already paid for under completely different terms with your GoPhone PayAsYouGo account, go ahead and really complain. If enough people do that perhaps they will then pay attention.

You can start that here: https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

(mods, before you remove the link, please keep in mind that it's completely relevant to the topic of the thread started by the OP and it doesn't violate the forum rules).

at&t has the right to change the terms of their service, but not for services already paid for in the past and do so without proper advance notice.

3 of 8 (1,345 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2012 11:11:26 AM
(0)
Scholar
Or how about change the pay per use data rates to a more reasonable amount and allow it on both smartphones and feature phones? I'd say around $0.20/MB ($0.01/50KB) seems reasonable ($5/50MB=$0.10/MB, $15/200MB=$0.075/MB, $25/1GB=$0.025/MB). It's really quite unfair that smartphone users on pay as you go plans were suddenly cut off from the data plans without warning.
Or how about change the pay per use data rates to a more reasonable amount and allow it on both smartphones and feature phones? I'd say around $0.20/MB ($0.01/50KB) seems reasonable ($5/50MB=$0.10/MB, $15/200MB=$0.075/MB, $25/1GB=$0.025/MB). It's really quite unfair that smartphone users on pay as you go plans were suddenly cut off from the data plans without warning.

4 of 8 (1,341 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2012 11:15:08 AM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by pl1 on May 14, 2012 at 11:42:01 AM

Patico wrote:

DataDivo wrote:

Nice. I see there is a complaint form specifically for wireless companies including one for AT&T & Cingular.

EDIT: DONE!

The BBB that will process your complaint is:

• BBB of Metro Atlanta, Athens & NE Georgia
  • 503 Oak Place, #590
  • Atlanta, GA 30349
  • Phone: (404)766-0875
  • Fax:  (404)768-1085
  • Email Address:  info@atlanta.bbb.org

Patico wrote:

DataDivo wrote:

Nice. I see there is a complaint form specifically for wireless companies including one for AT&T & Cingular.

EDIT: DONE!

The BBB that will process your complaint is:

• BBB of Metro Atlanta, Athens & NE Georgia
  • 503 Oak Place, #590
  • Atlanta, GA 30349
  • Phone: (404)766-0875
  • Fax:  (404)768-1085
  • Email Address:  info@atlanta.bbb.org

[ Edited ]
5 of 8 (1,340 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2012 12:57:25 PM
(0)
Professor
The new monthly plan and a data package minimum of 50 MB would cost $30, an increase of 300% for light users. That's quite abrupt for them, and unnecessarily penalizes light users who don't put much load on the network.

I can understand that AT&T has a need to change their rate plans to align with their competing carriers but it should not be at the sacrifice of existing loyal customers.
The new monthly plan and a data package minimum of 50 MB would cost $30, an increase of 300% for light users. That's quite abrupt for them, and unnecessarily penalizes light users who don't put much load on the network.

I can understand that AT&T has a need to change their rate plans to align with their competing carriers but it should not be at the sacrifice of existing loyal customers.

6 of 8 (1,322 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2012 11:12:38 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by Taylarie on May 15, 2012 at 5:21:05 AM

In these hard times, many people are looking for ways to pinch pennies. And getting mobile phone service for 90 days at $25, and rolling 3G over for an additional $5 a month was a sweet deal for those who are light phone and mobile data users. A lot of people were probably buying the fancy new phones, like the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, and using them on such a cheap plan. Which was cutting into their absurdly overpriced contract plans. Plus, AT&T is infamous for charging people for data they didn't actually use. {keep it courteous}

In these hard times, many people are looking for ways to pinch pennies. And getting mobile phone service for 90 days at $25, and rolling 3G over for an additional $5 a month was a sweet deal for those who are light phone and mobile data users. A lot of people were probably buying the fancy new phones, like the Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket, and using them on such a cheap plan. Which was cutting into their absurdly overpriced contract plans. Plus, AT&T is infamous for charging people for data they didn't actually use. {keep it courteous}

[ Edited ]
7 of 8 (1,287 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 14, 2012 11:47:32 PM
(0)
Professor
I can see that AT&T did not consider the impact of rate plan changes on their customers.
I can see that AT&T did not consider the impact of rate plan changes on their customers.

8 of 8 (1,283 Views)