Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 31, 2011
9:02:20 PM
Please stop all the complaing would you.
Edited by katieeighty on Jan 31, 2011 at 10:08:56 PM

For Pete's sake would all you people just upgrade your phone already! It's not like it takes more than about 5 minutes.  Not even like it matters if you have to use your warranty, just put the ATT ROM back on the phone. OMG another 5 minutes( not like you people haven't wasted that much time complaining on this forum already you could have upgraded your phone by the time you've read this).  I've said it once already but i'll say it again.  ATT WILL NOT PUT OUT AN UPGRADE IT'S PROFIT PROHIBITIVE FOR THEM TO DO SO.  I mean they are in the buisness of making money right?  So why would they upgrade a phone when they can sell you a new one!  And by all means switch carriers that'll show'em. ATT has the most coverage hands down compared to any other carrier out there.  Who are you gonna switch to VERIZON? Good luck with that! Gezzzzz!

For Pete's sake would all you people just upgrade your phone already! It's not like it takes more than about 5 minutes.  Not even like it matters if you have to use your warranty, just put the ATT ROM back on the phone. OMG another 5 minutes( not like you people haven't wasted that much time complaining on this forum already you could have upgraded your phone by the time you've read this).  I've said it once already but i'll say it again.  ATT WILL NOT PUT OUT AN UPGRADE IT'S PROFIT PROHIBITIVE FOR THEM TO DO SO.  I mean they are in the buisness of making money right?  So why would they upgrade a phone when they can sell you a new one!  And by all means switch carriers that'll show'em. ATT has the most coverage hands down compared to any other carrier out there.  Who are you gonna switch to VERIZON? Good luck with that! Gezzzzz!

Please stop all the complaing would you.

[ Edited ]
40 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(40)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2011 10:15:10 PM
(0)
Mentor

This is a rant based on all the complaining about ATT not offering an upgrade for the Sony Xperia X10.

It in no way applies to any other device and should not be moved to another forum.

This is a rant based on all the complaining about ATT not offering an upgrade for the Sony Xperia X10.

It in no way applies to any other device and should not be moved to another forum.

Re: Please stop all the complaining would you.

3 of 41 (1,400 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2011 9:27:29 PM
(0)
Expert
Edited by katieeighty on Jan 31, 2011 at 10:09:07 PM

Huh?

Not everyone needs a smart phone or can afford to upgrade. Smiley Wink  I think some people just want a phone that is a phone, and one that works, IMO.

Huh?

Not everyone needs a smart phone or can afford to upgrade. Smiley Wink  I think some people just want a phone that is a phone, and one that works, IMO.

[ Edited ]
2 of 41 (1,414 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2011 6:38:35 PM
(0)
Guru

spd2demun wrote:

Huh?

I think the OP was suggesting applying a ROM from a third-party source, rather than waiting for an official OS update and complaining about needing to wait.  I don't think the post was about buying a different phone.

Granted, custom ROMs aren't for everyone.  On the other hand, the type of person who's likely to complain about not having the latest software is probably fully capable of handling them.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

spd2demun wrote:

Huh?

I think the OP was suggesting applying a ROM from a third-party source, rather than waiting for an official OS update and complaining about needing to wait.  I don't think the post was about buying a different phone.

Granted, custom ROMs aren't for everyone.  On the other hand, the type of person who's likely to complain about not having the latest software is probably fully capable of handling them.

4 of 41 (1,277 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2011 8:47:25 PM
(0)
Expert

So, this IS a Sony issue?

So, this IS a Sony issue?

5 of 41 (1,263 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2011 11:48:47 AM
(0)
Master
He specifically talking about the sony phone, but it does indirectly apply to all the other android that have released by AT&T and have yet to see an OS system update pushed to the phones. Ie the Aria and the Captivate now and so to the bravo, flipside and flipout. The blackflip has received its one and only OS update.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
He specifically talking about the sony phone, but it does indirectly apply to all the other android that have released by AT&T and have yet to see an OS system update pushed to the phones. Ie the Aria and the Captivate now and so to the bravo, flipside and flipout. The blackflip has received its one and only OS update.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

Re: Please stop all the complaing would you.

6 of 41 (1,218 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2011 11:51:58 AM
(0)
Master
Oh! Forgot the dell streak is still waiting for updates too.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Oh! Forgot the dell streak is still waiting for updates too.
Probably from mobile, maybe. :)
Posted by a mobile device.

7 of 41 (1,213 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2011 12:32:22 PM
(0)
Scholar

You know what I find really sad about all of the AT&T/Android OS updating, or lack thereof:

AT&T is using it as an advertising line in it's new Infuse 4G press release claiming it is the first phone on AT&T to have the 2.2 OS. Which is true, but only because they can't get any of their updates worked out for their existing user base. Take a bad thing and turn it around and advertise it I guess.

Press Release Here

You know what I find really sad about all of the AT&T/Android OS updating, or lack thereof:

AT&T is using it as an advertising line in it's new Infuse 4G press release claiming it is the first phone on AT&T to have the 2.2 OS. Which is true, but only because they can't get any of their updates worked out for their existing user base. Take a bad thing and turn it around and advertise it I guess.

Press Release Here

8 of 41 (1,194 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2011 3:36:11 PM
(0)
Scholar

Let's not add that 2.2 originally came out in May 2010, or that 2.3 was released in December 2010.

I'm sure, somewhere, there will be a 'promised' upgrade to android 2.3 (which, in six months + we'll be seeing posts asking where it is).

And to the op.....if you don't want to read the complaining, don't open the thread. Almost as simple as whatever pointless plan of action you were suggesting.

Let's not add that 2.2 originally came out in May 2010, or that 2.3 was released in December 2010.

I'm sure, somewhere, there will be a 'promised' upgrade to android 2.3 (which, in six months + we'll be seeing posts asking where it is).

And to the op.....if you don't want to read the complaining, don't open the thread. Almost as simple as whatever pointless plan of action you were suggesting.

9 of 41 (1,177 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2011 4:36:49 PM
(0)
Scholar
Righton Diagoro. 2.2 came out in 5/10. ATT is just gettingit now? I was hopeing Inspire would come with 2.3.
Righton Diagoro. 2.2 came out in 5/10. ATT is just gettingit now? I was hopeing Inspire would come with 2.3.

10 of 41 (1,121 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 6:04:33 PM
(0)
Employee

Please don't buy these phones if you are expecting 2.3 anytime soon. Not saying they are not going to release the updates, just don't buy a phone because of a future promise.

Please don't buy these phones if you are expecting 2.3 anytime soon. Not saying they are not going to release the updates, just don't buy a phone because of a future promise.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

11 of 41 (602 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 4, 2011 7:03:33 PM
(0)
Scholar
I could maybe see them being reluctant to release updates because they wanna make sure their newer phones have all the new stuff. But not updateing a system thats 2yearsold is ridiculous. Theres so many new phones coming soon. Nobodys going to hold on to their MotoCliq because they finally got an update from ATT/Android! 2.3 should be on %99 of the phones now that have Android.
But the technology is coming so fast now,thers no reason why we cant have the most up to date stuff. Yo...
I could maybe see them being reluctant to release updates because they wanna make sure their newer phones have all the new stuff. But not updateing a system thats 2yearsold is ridiculous. Theres so many new phones coming soon. Nobodys going to hold on to their MotoCliq because they finally got an update from ATT/Android! 2.3 should be on %99 of the phones now that have Android.
But the technology is coming so fast now,thers no reason why we cant have the most up to date stuff. Yo...

12 of 41 (596 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 5:50:24 AM
(0)
Teacher
I think that some of you don't fully understand what we are complaining about. Some of us have bought new phones that are still running on 1.6 , I would never have suspected a piece of hardware like my dell streak would ever be so incapable. 1.6 doesn't even have swype. When I bought it from deils website I was under the full impression that it would be auto updated as soon as I turned it on for the first time. Which made sense, considering that 2.2 had already been on the unlocked versions of the phone for a month. (Notice I said 1.6) (and new phone) so as far as stopping complaining..... you have not seen anything yet.
I think that some of you don't fully understand what we are complaining about. Some of us have bought new phones that are still running on 1.6 , I would never have suspected a piece of hardware like my dell streak would ever be so incapable. 1.6 doesn't even have swype. When I bought it from deils website I was under the full impression that it would be auto updated as soon as I turned it on for the first time. Which made sense, considering that 2.2 had already been on the unlocked versions of the phone for a month. (Notice I said 1.6) (and new phone) so as far as stopping complaining..... you have not seen anything yet.

13 of 41 (576 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 6:11:45 AM
(0)
Expert

rfounds wrote:

bottom line so what? Where in your contract are you promised upgrades? If you are not happy then pull the plug and go somewhere else.

As far as your dell goes - complain to dell they were the ones that released iwth that OS, it would have been easier for them to wait a few extra months and put the most current on the device, as it stands when it came out it was already behind the times for the OS

rfounds wrote:

bottom line so what? Where in your contract are you promised upgrades? If you are not happy then pull the plug and go somewhere else.

As far as your dell goes - complain to dell they were the ones that released iwth that OS, it would have been easier for them to wait a few extra months and put the most current on the device, as it stands when it came out it was already behind the times for the OS

14 of 41 (570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 11:01:11 AM
(0)
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

rfounds wrote:

Dell has released an update for the device. It's AT&T that has refused to release it for their branded device. As far as going somewheres else, if you don't like what you read here, you could do that yourself.

wingrider01 wrote:

rfounds wrote:

Dell has released an update for the device. It's AT&T that has refused to release it for their branded device. As far as going somewheres else, if you don't like what you read here, you could do that yourself.

15 of 41 (552 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 1:36:01 PM
(0)
Expert

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

rfounds wrote:

Again so what?

I have not problems with what I read, just like I have no problems giving responses, if you don;t like the response you can do the same thing. ATT is under NO contractual agreement to push any updates out to phones, unless you have documentation showing otherwise. 

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

rfounds wrote:

Again so what?

I have not problems with what I read, just like I have no problems giving responses, if you don;t like the response you can do the same thing. ATT is under NO contractual agreement to push any updates out to phones, unless you have documentation showing otherwise. 

16 of 41 (548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 4:57:33 PM
(0)
Scholar
Listen to Sitnsidewayz. He IS the voice of reason,and is always informative.
And u Wingrider01,u need to tone it down a notch. Obviously the OP is haveing a problem. Thanx to Sitnsidewayz we now know its ATTs fault for not releaseing the update. U guys come here & say,well it wasnt in your contract are just stateing the obvious,& should be QUIET,unless u have something helpfull to say.
I remember them saying that even though the Streak will come with 1.6,there will be instantly be an update to 2.2 as soon as u getit. I was checkinitout because I love that 5in screen. This changing theyre minds about releasing updates for phones with antiquated systems has got to stop.
And u Wingrider01,u need to tone it down a notch. Obviously the OP is haveing a problem. Thanx to Sitnsidewayz we now know its ATTs fault for not releaseing the update. U guys come here & say,well it wasnt in your contract are just stateing the obvious,& should be QUIET,unless u have something helpfull to say.
I remember them saying that even though the Streak will come with 1.6,there will be instantly be an update to 2.2 as soon as u getit. I was checkinitout because I love that 5in screen. This changing theyre minds about releasing updates for phones with antiquated systems has got to stop.

17 of 41 (536 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 5, 2011 10:15:28 PM
(0)
Employee

again never buy ANY product on a promise of it getting better, their promise isn't in the contract so it doesn't mean anything

again never buy ANY product on a promise of it getting better, their promise isn't in the contract so it doesn't mean anything

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

18 of 41 (521 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 4:06:36 AM
(0)
Expert

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:

really you "know of is ATT's fault" - how, where is the proof, without it , it is an opinion only

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:

really you "know of is ATT's fault" - how, where is the proof, without it , it is an opinion only

19 of 41 (504 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 8:35:47 AM
(0)
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

rfounds wrote:

Again so what?

You are correct they do not have to. But, when the other carriers are updating their devices, should AT&T really be sending out the message that they are not going to update their devices and stick with it? You can believe what you want, but I know that's no way to be competitive.

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

rfounds wrote:

Again so what?

You are correct they do not have to. But, when the other carriers are updating their devices, should AT&T really be sending out the message that they are not going to update their devices and stick with it? You can believe what you want, but I know that's no way to be competitive.

20 of 41 (485 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 8:42:10 AM
(0)
Professor

JFizDaWiz wrote:

It doesn't have to be a promise. It is just good business sense to take care of your customers. Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, they upgrade the operating system on their devices. If AT&T wants to  stay competitive they should do the same.

JFizDaWiz wrote:

It doesn't have to be a promise. It is just good business sense to take care of your customers. Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, they upgrade the operating system on their devices. If AT&T wants to  stay competitive they should do the same.

21 of 41 (504 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 11:39:47 AM
(0)
Employee

but they don't have to and they won't if they don't want to. Try and get a hold of Jack Wright and see if maybe he knows

but they don't have to and they won't if they don't want to. Try and get a hold of Jack Wright and see if maybe he knows

22 of 41 (496 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 12:42:19 PM
(0)
Expert

sitnsidewayz wrote:

JFizDaWiz wrote:

carried blackberries when they where the choice of business users - never once got a upgrade to the OS, even though RIM updated the OS at least twice during the contract term and if I recall correctly that was to correct a security hole in the OS

sitnsidewayz wrote:

JFizDaWiz wrote:

carried blackberries when they where the choice of business users - never once got a upgrade to the OS, even though RIM updated the OS at least twice during the contract term and if I recall correctly that was to correct a security hole in the OS

23 of 41 (488 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 6, 2011 5:28:39 PM
(0)
Scholar
Whos Jack Wright?
Whos Jack Wright?

24 of 41 (474 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 9:13:49 AM
(0)
Professor

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

JFizDaWiz wrote:

And your point is? Times change and things change. It's nice that RIM let do the upgrades. AT&T doesn't allow the manufacturers to directly upgrade Android devices. It's funny how when it's something negative for the consumer, you fanboys want to point out that the other carriers are doing it also as justification. The other carriers are upgrading their Android devices, but this time you prefer to ignore that. LOL

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

JFizDaWiz wrote:

And your point is? Times change and things change. It's nice that RIM let do the upgrades. AT&T doesn't allow the manufacturers to directly upgrade Android devices. It's funny how when it's something negative for the consumer, you fanboys want to point out that the other carriers are doing it also as justification. The other carriers are upgrading their Android devices, but this time you prefer to ignore that. LOL

25 of 41 (452 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 9:21:34 AM
(0)
Professor

JFizDaWiz wrote:

I used to give those kind of answers when I was in elementary school. I work for a customer service oriented business and if any employees took anywhere near that kind of attitude with customers, they would be out of a job. I've already seen you give many wrong answers here and smart mouth customers. I'm sure AT&T appreciates that. I just hope you are not in customer service, but if you are, it goes a long ways in explaining the constant low ratings that AT&T gets.

JFizDaWiz wrote:

I used to give those kind of answers when I was in elementary school. I work for a customer service oriented business and if any employees took anywhere near that kind of attitude with customers, they would be out of a job. I've already seen you give many wrong answers here and smart mouth customers. I'm sure AT&T appreciates that. I just hope you are not in customer service, but if you are, it goes a long ways in explaining the constant low ratings that AT&T gets.

26 of 41 (450 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 9:45:24 AM
(0)
Scholar

This thread exemplifies one of the main weaknesses on this board. There are those that have a real issue, and attempt a valid discussion. Sure, sometimes it gets a bit off-topic, or one's sincere and extreme frustration results in a pointed comment or two (usually directed towards ATT or its reps).

The other type (wingrider and brianfromno among them) seem to have endless posts noting how the customer is always wrong, regardless the situation. I'll admit that wingrider has some excellent posts, but after a while it seems the only reason to be here is pointing out how customers should just 'suck it up'. I'll admit to not searching through the boards for all your other posts, and can only assume your tone and character based upon personal experience............in the end, there is rarely, if ever, constructive criticism, just notes on how someone is wrong, or a perceived clarification of ATT policy (at which point one must wonder your true intersts).

There were many promises made regarding the eventual update of numerous android phones. Most of these were from the manufacturer, with others from ATT reps doing so in-store, etc. ATT may have even posted the promise on an add at one point (apologies for not having a link to said add). In the end, ATT has sold us the phone, and it's being used on their network. ATT is charging us for services, services whos quality is diminished dur to the lack of upgrades. I have an intermittent issue with the Streak, where the phone can't be answered when receiving a call. It's something that many others have experienced with 1.6, but seems to be fixed with 2.2.....so why not address this? A warranty replacement isn't going to address this issue (and for the record, it's an issue I didn't experience until AFTER the 30 day trial).

This thread exemplifies one of the main weaknesses on this board. There are those that have a real issue, and attempt a valid discussion. Sure, sometimes it gets a bit off-topic, or one's sincere and extreme frustration results in a pointed comment or two (usually directed towards ATT or its reps).

The other type (wingrider and brianfromno among them) seem to have endless posts noting how the customer is always wrong, regardless the situation. I'll admit that wingrider has some excellent posts, but after a while it seems the only reason to be here is pointing out how customers should just 'suck it up'. I'll admit to not searching through the boards for all your other posts, and can only assume your tone and character based upon personal experience............in the end, there is rarely, if ever, constructive criticism, just notes on how someone is wrong, or a perceived clarification of ATT policy (at which point one must wonder your true intersts).

There were many promises made regarding the eventual update of numerous android phones. Most of these were from the manufacturer, with others from ATT reps doing so in-store, etc. ATT may have even posted the promise on an add at one point (apologies for not having a link to said add). In the end, ATT has sold us the phone, and it's being used on their network. ATT is charging us for services, services whos quality is diminished dur to the lack of upgrades. I have an intermittent issue with the Streak, where the phone can't be answered when receiving a call. It's something that many others have experienced with 1.6, but seems to be fixed with 2.2.....so why not address this? A warranty replacement isn't going to address this issue (and for the record, it's an issue I didn't experience until AFTER the 30 day trial).

27 of 41 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 9:46:21 AM
(0)
Scholar

And why is it that this thread reminds me of the people on the Facebook page that note "why is it that you 'friend' ATT here than do nothing but complain"................in a perfect world.....

And why is it that this thread reminds me of the people on the Facebook page that note "why is it that you 'friend' ATT here than do nothing but complain"................in a perfect world.....

28 of 41 (444 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 11:40:06 AM
(0)
Expert

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

JFizDaWiz wrote:

1. never got an upgrade for the early RIM devices that I carried

2. not ignoring it, just don't care if other carriers are doing upgrades, that is their business

3. do not expect anything from a vendor that is not detailed in the contractural agreement

You are right - times change, but that does not mean things change. When and if ATT releases the update, it is their decision to do so, they are under no contractural agreement to do so. It is the same for the Apple Iphones, the RIMS, Windows 7 and any other smartphone that is carried, androids are not singled out. Again, I don;t ignore that other carriers are, that is their decision, does not mean that ATT or for that matter any other carrier has to follow the lead of the other carriers.

sitnsidewayz wrote:

wingrider01 wrote:

sitnsidewayz wrote:

JFizDaWiz wrote:

1. never got an upgrade for the early RIM devices that I carried

2. not ignoring it, just don't care if other carriers are doing upgrades, that is their business

3. do not expect anything from a vendor that is not detailed in the contractural agreement

You are right - times change, but that does not mean things change. When and if ATT releases the update, it is their decision to do so, they are under no contractural agreement to do so. It is the same for the Apple Iphones, the RIMS, Windows 7 and any other smartphone that is carried, androids are not singled out. Again, I don;t ignore that other carriers are, that is their decision, does not mean that ATT or for that matter any other carrier has to follow the lead of the other carriers.

29 of 41 (429 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2011 1:58:52 PM
(0)
Scholar
Brianfrmno......r u listening to Diagoro?
In reference to u?......
Brianfrmno......r u listening to Diagoro?
In reference to u?......

30 of 41 (416 Views)