Helpful Links

Please stop all the complaing would you.

Please stop all the complaing would you.

For Pete's sake would all you people just upgrade your phone already! It's not like it takes more than about 5 minutes.  Not even like it matters if you have to use your warranty, just put the ATT ROM back on the phone. OMG another 5 minutes( not like you people haven't wasted that much time complaining on this forum already you could have upgraded your phone by the time you've read this).  I've said it once already but i'll say it again.  ATT WILL NOT PUT OUT AN UPGRADE IT'S PROFIT PROHIBITIVE FOR THEM TO DO SO.  I mean they are in the buisness of making money right?  So why would they upgrade a phone when they can sell you a new one!  And by all means switch carriers that'll show'em. ATT has the most coverage hands down compared to any other carrier out there.  Who are you gonna switch to VERIZON? Good luck with that! Gezzzzz!

1,501 Views
Message 1 of 41

Re: Please stop all the complaining would you.

This is a rant based on all the complaining about ATT not offering an upgrade for the Sony Xperia X10.

It in no way applies to any other device and should not be moved to another forum.

Message 3 of 41
Expert

Re: Please stop all the complaining would you.

Huh?

 

Not everyone needs a smart phone or can afford to upgrade. Smiley Wink  I think some people just want a phone that is a phone, and one that works, IMO.

Message 2 of 41

Re: Please stop all the complaining would you.

 


spd2demun wrote:

Huh?

 

Not everyone needs a smart phone or can afford to upgrade. Smiley Wink  I think some people just want a phone that is a phone, and one that works, IMO.


 

I think the OP was suggesting applying a ROM from a third-party source, rather than waiting for an official OS update and complaining about needing to wait.  I don't think the post was about buying a different phone.

 

Granted, custom ROMs aren't for everyone.  On the other hand, the type of person who's likely to complain about not having the latest software is probably fully capable of handling them.

 


I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 41
Expert

Re: Please stop all the complaining would you.

So, this IS a Sony issue?

Message 5 of 41
Master

Re: Please stop all the complaing would you.

He specifically talking about the sony phone, but it does indirectly apply to all the other android that have released by AT&T and have yet to see an OS system update pushed to the phones. Ie the Aria and the Captivate now and so to the bravo, flipside and flipout. The blackflip has received its one and only OS update.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 41
Master

Re: Please stop all the complaing would you.

Oh! Forgot the dell streak is still waiting for updates too.
Probably from mobile, maybe. Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 41
Scholar

Re: Please stop all the complaing would you.

You know what I find really sad about all of the AT&T/Android OS updating, or lack thereof:

 

AT&T is using it as an advertising line in it's new Infuse 4G press release claiming it is the first phone on AT&T to have the 2.2 OS. Which is true, but only because they can't get any of their updates worked out for their existing user base. Take a bad thing and turn it around and advertise it I guess.

 

Press Release Here

Message 8 of 41
Scholar

Re: Please stop all the complaing would you.

Let's not add that 2.2 originally came out in May 2010, or that 2.3 was released in December 2010.

I'm sure, somewhere, there will be a 'promised' upgrade to android 2.3 (which, in six months + we'll be seeing posts asking where it is).

And to the op.....if you don't want to read the complaining, don't open the thread. Almost as simple as whatever pointless plan of action you were suggesting.

Message 9 of 41
Scholar

Re: Please stop all the complaing would you.

Righton Diagoro. 2.2 came out in 5/10. ATT is just gettingit now? I was hopeing Inspire would come with 2.3.
Message 10 of 41
Employee

Re: Please stop all the complaing would you.

Please don't buy these phones if you are expecting 2.3 anytime soon. Not saying they are not going to release the updates, just don't buy a phone because of a future promise.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 11 of 41
Scholar

Re: Please stop all the complaing would you.

I could maybe see them being reluctant to release updates because they wanna make sure their newer phones have all the new stuff. But not updateing a system thats 2yearsold is ridiculous. Theres so many new phones coming soon. Nobodys going to hold on to their MotoCliq because they finally got an update from ATT/Android! 2.3 should be on %99 of the phones now that have Android.
But the technology is coming so fast now,thers no reason why we cant have the most up to date stuff. Yo...
Message 12 of 41
Teacher

Re: Please stop all the complaing would you.

I think that some of you don't fully understand what we are complaining about. Some of us have bought new phones that are still running on 1.6 , I would never have suspected a piece of hardware like my dell streak would ever be so incapable. 1.6 doesn't even have swype. When I bought it from deils website I was under the full impression that it would be auto updated as soon as I turned it on for the first time. Which made sense, considering that 2.2 had already been on the unlocked versions of the phone for a month. (Notice I said 1.6) (and new phone) so as far as stopping complaining..... you have not seen anything yet.
Message 13 of 41
Expert

Re: Please stop all the complaing would you.


rfounds wrote:
I think that some of you don't fully understand what we are complaining about. Some of us have bought new phones that are still running on 1.6 , I would never have suspected a piece of hardware like my dell streak would ever be so incapable. 1.6 doesn't even have swype. When I bought it from deils website I was under the full impression that it would be auto updated as soon as I turned it on for the first time. Which made sense, considering that 2.2 had already been on the unlocked versions of the phone for a month. (Notice I said 1.6) (and new phone) so as far as stopping complaining..... you have not seen anything yet.

bottom line so what? Where in your contract are you promised upgrades? If you are not happy then pull the plug and go somewhere else.

 

As far as your dell goes - complain to dell they were the ones that released iwth that OS, it would have been easier for them to wait a few extra months and put the most current on the device, as it stands when it came out it was already behind the times for the OS

Message 14 of 41
Professor

Re: Please stop all the complaing would you.


wingrider01 wrote:

rfounds wrote:
I think that some of you don't fully understand what we are complaining about. Some of us have bought new phones that are still running on 1.6 , I would never have suspected a piece of hardware like my dell streak would ever be so incapable. 1.6 doesn't even have swype. When I bought it from deils website I was under the full impression that it would be auto updated as soon as I turned it on for the first time. Which made sense, considering that 2.2 had already been on the unlocked versions of the phone for a month. (Notice I said 1.6) (and new phone) so as far as stopping complaining..... you have not seen anything yet.

bottom line so what? Where in your contract are you promised upgrades? If you are not happy then pull the plug and go somewhere else.

 

As far as your dell goes - complain to dell they were the ones that released iwth that OS, it would have been easier for them to wait a few extra months and put the most current on the device, as it stands when it came out it was already behind the times for the OS


Dell has released an update for the device. It's AT&T that has refused to release it for their branded device. As far as going somewheres else, if you don't like what you read here, you could do that yourself.

Message 15 of 41
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support