Please stop all the complaing would you.

Please stop all the complaing would you.

[ Edited ]

For Pete's sake would all you people just upgrade your phone already! It's not like it takes more than about 5 minutes.  Not even like it matters if you have to use your warranty, just put the ATT ROM back on the phone. OMG another 5 minutes( not like you people haven't wasted that much time complaining on this forum already you could have upgraded your phone by the time you've read this).  I've said it once already but i'll say it again.  ATT WILL NOT PUT OUT AN UPGRADE IT'S PROFIT PROHIBITIVE FOR THEM TO DO SO.  I mean they are in the buisness of making money right?  So why would they upgrade a phone when they can sell you a new one!  And by all means switch carriers that'll show'em. ATT has the most coverage hands down compared to any other carrier out there.  Who are you gonna switch to VERIZON? Good luck with that! Gezzzzz!

Message 1 of 41 (1,490 Views)
Master

Re: Please stop all the complaing would you.

Tilt-A-Rama wrote:
Brianfrmno......r u listening to Diagoro?
In reference to u?......

You're lucky the third letter in my name begins with a "y" instead of an "i"... Smiley Wink But let's not point fingers... He's not here right now. People can post however they'd like, some just choose to be...straight to the point.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 31 of 41 (487 Views)
Scholar

Another point that should be added.......as each operating system progresses, updates will be more and more important. Much like the weekly Microsoft updates for whatever operating system you might have (aside from mac and others). I know the 'smart phone' I had in 1997 received one update, and I never even considered it until a store rep stated they would add it. Simplicity used to be the standard, but with phones being touted as replacements for our computers (Motorola Atrix), updates will be even more important.

And on a side note.....just ran across this post on Engadget. I'm guessing ATT will NOT gett this phone, as it seems the manufacturer is actually updating the version of android BEFORE release (as opposed to the standard ATT practice of releasing android phones with outdated operating systems)

http://www.engadget.com/2011/02/07/android-2-4-reportedly-coming-in-april-headed-to-viewsonic-view/

Message 32 of 41 (481 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is hilarious! I put a post asking people to just go ahead and flash 2.1 to their X10 and stop all the complaining.  And what do you do?  Instead of taking sound advice and flashing 2.1 you people hijack the thread and turn it into yet another {language filter evasion} fest.  Amazing!

Message 33 of 41 (451 Views)
Scholar

Thats right...now back to the subject. This whole not getting updates in a timely manner is the epitome of planned obsolesence. Especially since the revisions are coming so fast. When the carriers dont give you an update that the OEM has released is simply wrong.
But a lot of people dont know how to flash a custom rom. So theyre understandably stuck.
Message 34 of 41 (443 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

default_user8 wrote:

This is hilarious! I put a post asking people to just go ahead and flash 2.1 to their X10 and stop all the complaining.  And what do you do?  Instead of taking sound advice and flashing 2.1 you people hijack the thread and turn it into yet another {language filter evasion} fest.  Amazing!

So are you going to provide a warranty for this sound advice? What if someone bricks their phone doing this, are you going to fix it or replace it for them? What may be "sound advice" for yourself, may not be for everyone else. Don't get me wrong, I do believe it is a best alternative, but it's not for everyone. I often see posts on XDA regarding bricked devices, then it only becomes more difficult for user. It's understandable that some users don't want to take this route.

Message 35 of 41 (418 Views)

Everything you need is on the XDA website even how to revive a bricked phone which I haven't see where an X10 can really be bricked like some of the HTC phones(which are able to be revived also).  Anyone that can access this forum can flash 2.1 to their X10 it's that simple.  It takes about 10 minutes tops.  And if you have problems with your phone the original ATT rom is available so you can reflash it and get your warranty back for your phone.  easy peazy.  STOP COMPLAINING IT DOES NO GOOD!

Message 36 of 41 (392 Views)
Scholar

[ Edited ]

Stop complaining? {word filter evasion - keep it courteous}  Like we said, not everyone wants/knowshow todo what youre suggesting. Some people want info on what to do about things that are unjust or simply wrong. Flash this or that,or flash it back? Getagrip.....

Message 37 of 41 (364 Views)
Professor

default_user8 wrote:

Everything you need is on the XDA website even how to revive a bricked phone which I haven't see where an X10 can really be bricked like some of the HTC phones(which are able to be revived also).  Anyone that can access this forum can flash 2.1 to their X10 it's that simple.  It takes about 10 minutes tops.  And if you have problems with your phone the original ATT rom is available so you can reflash it and get your warranty back for your phone.  easy peazy.  STOP COMPLAINING IT DOES NO GOOD!

That is just your personal opinion. Mine is nobody should have to void their warranty because they want to upgrade their operating system, especially when the manufacturer provides one and AT&T is not willing to provide their version. Last I checked, anyone is free to express themselves here as long as they don't violate the terms, SO GET USED TO IT!

Message 38 of 41 (337 Views)
Scholar

Custome roms, though appearing to go against ATT's official policy, actually help them.....

Thos that are able to flash their devices (successfully) are less prone to venting/complaining or being vocal with tech or customer support. I'm sure this has greatly reduced the issue for ATT.

Meanwhile, doing so voids the warranty. It's a double edged sword, where ATT wins both ways. Meanwhile the rest of us (for whatever reason) remain flash-less, are tied to the graces of ATT......and in the end, only lose. 

Message 39 of 41 (321 Views)
Scholar

Ditto. Thanx guys. This guy aint tellinus nothin we dont already know.
U listenin OP?
Message 40 of 41 (307 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Actually, complaining about the dell streak does do a lot of good. You see, many of us bought based on recent reviews (which are based on unlocked units running 2.2) the more posts we get out about not being able to use 1/2 the android market and coupled with the fact that it doesnt look like our carrier has any intention in upgrading it the better. In fact neither dell,or at&t seem to know anything, or care if we leave or not. Dell has even changed their streak 5 ad on their site to not mention flash,ect.... and has also changed the $150 early termination fee to $350 on the same equipment. If I had seen these posts before I bought my streak I would have understood that I would always be at at&t's mercy for updates. But in the year 2011 and having an iphone for years,i don't see how I could have been expected to know. I wanted to get away from being tied to apple, but it looks like, these phones are just on the market to re enforce apples dominance in the marketplace. (at least as it sets with donut)
Message 41 of 41 (185 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.