Helpful Links

Please advise the steps for upgrade

Contributor

Please advise the steps for upgrade

My 2-year contract has been up and i am now eligible for upgrading to iphone 4s. But i need to change a few things, anyone could tell me what are the steps that i should take?

1. My phone is one of the lines of a family plan, but i need to change to individual plan now.

2. I need to upgrade my phone to iphone 4s.

3. Now i can have corporate discount for the wireless bill and waiving upgrade fee, if i upgrade online, how can the discount be reflected? Should I call or go to the local store?

4. Can I use my old phone with a prepaid card or should i still get a new one?

5. If i get the iphone now, will the bill be prorated for this month? since the cycle is 10/02/2011-11/01/2011.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
Former Community Manager

Re: Please advise the steps for upgrade

1. My phone is one of the lines of a family plan, but i need to change to individual plan now. - You can do this online. 

2. I need to upgrade my phone to iphone 4s. - If you're eligible to upgrade, you should have no problem doing this. 

3. Now i can have corporate discount for the wireless bill and waiving upgrade fee, if i upgrade online, how can the discount be reflected? Should I call or go to the local store? - You can do this online, over the phone or at the store. 

4. Can I use my old phone with a prepaid card or should i still get a new one? - I'm not sure what you're asking here. Can you please elaborate?

5. If i get the iphone now, will the bill be prorated for this month? since the cycle is 10/02/2011-11/01/2011. - Since you'll be starting a new contract, the bill will start from the new contract date (You of course would need to pay any balance on your account from your existing contract). 

If you would like me to have someone call you to go over your account and your options, please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Find out how to track your iPhone's delivery!

Have questions about International Plans? Get the answers on Wed. 10/25 at Hello World: International Plans, from 1-4pm ET / 10am-1pm PT!

Let us help you upgrade and activate your device!

Additional Support