Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 29, 2011
10:52:05 AM
View profile
Pixi Plus SIM not provisioned(2)

I've had my phone since december but the past week this message has been on my phone. Also while i'm on wifi, the message pops up and disconnects me off the internet. What gives?

I've had my phone since december but the past week this message has been on my phone. Also while i'm on wifi, the message pops up and disconnects me off the internet. What gives?

Pixi Plus SIM not provisioned(2)

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2011 8:07:12 AM
(0)
Guru
Edited by erichamion on Jan 30, 2011 at 8:08:26 AM

Apparently the phone isn't able to correctly read the SIM card.  Normally that message would mean the SIM is not active (for instance, another SIM has been assigned to the line), but it sounds like the phone is switching back and forth between normal use and this message.

First, try removing and reinserting the SIM.  It could just need reseated.  While you're doing this, look for anything loose or broken on the SIM card holder.  Take a look at the contacts on the phone that connect to the SIM card, and see if they look bent, loose, or damaged.

If reseating doesn't work and there's no damage, try getting a new SIM.  There's normally a cost for a SIM, but if you go to a corporate-owned AT&T store and replace the SIM due to a problem, they'll usually do it for free.

If the problem persists, it may be a device issue.  If the phone is in warranty (less than 1 year old if purchased new, less than 90 days if refurbished, and in good condition - if you bought it in December 2010 then it's in warranty as long as it's in good condition) and you didn't see any damage on the SIM card holder, call warranty at 1-800-801-1101.  Otherwise, if you have insurance, you can call insurance at 1-888-562-8662.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.

Apparently the phone isn't able to correctly read the SIM card.  Normally that message would mean the SIM is not active (for instance, another SIM has been assigned to the line), but it sounds like the phone is switching back and forth between normal use and this message.

First, try removing and reinserting the SIM.  It could just need reseated.  While you're doing this, look for anything loose or broken on the SIM card holder.  Take a look at the contacts on the phone that connect to the SIM card, and see if they look bent, loose, or damaged.

If reseating doesn't work and there's no damage, try getting a new SIM.  There's normally a cost for a SIM, but if you go to a corporate-owned AT&T store and replace the SIM due to a problem, they'll usually do it for free.

If the problem persists, it may be a device issue.  If the phone is in warranty (less than 1 year old if purchased new, less than 90 days if refurbished, and in good condition - if you bought it in December 2010 then it's in warranty as long as it's in good condition) and you didn't see any damage on the SIM card holder, call warranty at 1-800-801-1101.  Otherwise, if you have insurance, you can call insurance at 1-888-562-8662.

Re: Pixi Plus SIM not provisioned(2)

[ Edited ]
2 of 2 (2,317 Views)