Picture Messaging not working

Contributor

Picture Messaging not working

I have a pantech link phone and when i recieve picture messages, i am able to open the message but when i go to retrieve the picture, my phones says "failed to retrieve message."  i checked my message settings for multimedia and all but it still isnt working. any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3 (1,635 Views)
Employee

Re: Picture Messaging not working

are you able to access the internet and do you have a block in data? also do you have a messaging package that includes mms
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (1,624 Views)
Master

Re: Picture Messaging not working

JFizDaWiz wrote:

also do you have a messaging package that includes mms

All messaging packages include MMS capabilities. The only exception would indeed, be a data block. Even phones that do not have a messaging package can receive MMS (without a data block).

To the original poster, I had the same issue on my LG Neon. Try retrieving the file again. If it does not successfully download, keep trying. I know that I had tried a few numerous times and could not get it to retrieve. I had to end up deleting the message.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 3 (1,604 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.