Wireless Forums

Reply
Posted Apr 7, 2012
11:43:05 AM
View profile
Phones
Ive noticed that the reason peoples phones have problems is because they dont know how to take of them properly.
Ive noticed that the reason peoples phones have problems is because they dont know how to take of them properly.

Phones

388 views
10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Post reply
Replies
(10)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2012 2:34:34 PM
0
(0)
Scholar
Edited by hardhat harry on Apr 7, 2012 at 2:46:22 PM

"To take of them properly" what?  

“But resist, we MUCH – we must and we will MUCH about that be committed”

"To take of them properly" what?  

“But resist, we MUCH – we must and we will MUCH about that be committed”

Re: Phones

[ Edited ]
2 of 11 (378 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2012 5:09:16 PM
0
(0)
Scholar
What are you talking about.
What are you talking about.

Re: Phones

3 of 11 (370 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2012 6:00:15 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

His response to your original post is most likely due to you not proof-reading your post before sending.

 

It appears that you may have left out the word "care" (i.e. take care of them).

 

The quality of the posts suffer greatly when people post from their phones instead of a computer.

 

My response to your original post, assuming that you did omit the word "care"...is that many user's problems are due to them not consulting the documentation first, before trying to use the phone.  Of course, in most cases, that documentation is online and even then, some are poorly written, poorly organized and not always up-to-date (i.e. my AT&T 4G Elevate references web pages that don't exist).

His response to your original post is most likely due to you not proof-reading your post before sending.

 

It appears that you may have left out the word "care" (i.e. take care of them).

 

The quality of the posts suffer greatly when people post from their phones instead of a computer.

 

My response to your original post, assuming that you did omit the word "care"...is that many user's problems are due to them not consulting the documentation first, before trying to use the phone.  Of course, in most cases, that documentation is online and even then, some are poorly written, poorly organized and not always up-to-date (i.e. my AT&T 4G Elevate references web pages that don't exist).

Re: Phones

4 of 11 (358 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2012 7:32:18 AM
0
(0)
Scholar
Ahh, yes, i did forget to place the word "care". So dont take offense to what ive stated.
Ahh, yes, i did forget to place the word "care". So dont take offense to what ive stated.

Re: Phones

5 of 11 (354 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2012 6:26:31 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Apr 9, 2012 at 6:28:01 AM

htc-davis wrote:
Ive noticed that the reason peoples phones have problems is because they dont know how to take of them properly.

Based on what, some notion you made up in your head?  Cite your source or explain your reasoning.

 

The majority of phone problems I have seen on here usually come down to manufacturing defects.


htc-davis wrote:
Ive noticed that the reason peoples phones have problems is because they dont know how to take of them properly.

Based on what, some notion you made up in your head?  Cite your source or explain your reasoning.

 

The majority of phone problems I have seen on here usually come down to manufacturing defects.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Phones

[ Edited ]
6 of 11 (338 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2012 6:58:35 AM
0
(0)
Scholar
Edited by Taylarie on Apr 9, 2012 at 7:13:03 AM

Nope, not in my head, its the truth, did someone get mad.... Owell!! No, its not all defects, if people cleared memory and did routine "pull battery" then there would be a difference. Thanks {keep it courteous}.

Nope, not in my head, its the truth, did someone get mad.... Owell!! No, its not all defects, if people cleared memory and did routine "pull battery" then there would be a difference. Thanks {keep it courteous}.

Re: Phones

[ Edited ]
7 of 11 (334 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2012 8:06:57 AM
0
(0)
ACE - Professor
Edited by redpoint73 on Apr 9, 2012 at 8:18:09 AM

htc-davis wrote:

did someone get mad.... Owell!!


Nope.  Just because somebody doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they are mad.  Duh.  Considering your post was edited by the mod due to courtesy reasons, I'd say the mad person is you.

 

Besides, just saying something doesn't make it fact.  As I mentioned before, cite your source or explain your reasoning.  Try to support your argument in a logical manner,  instead of flipping out.

 


htc-davis wrote:
No, its not all defects, if people cleared memory and did routine "pull battery" then there would be a difference. Thanks {keep it courteous}.

I never said "all" problems were caused by defects.  You are reading something into my post, that was not said.

 

Restarting the phone can indeed clear some minor system errors.  But doing go by holding the power button down, and choosing the restart option is safer than pulling the battery, and accomplishes the same goal.  Or alternately, shutting off the phone, then powering back on, with the "fast boot" option deselected.  Similar to a PC, letting the system shut itself down is safer than pulling the plug.  Battery pull should be reserved for times when the system is completely frozen, and you have no other option.

 

Simply browsing through the thread posts on this forum, you will see the vast majority of issues posted here are not solved by restarting the phone.

 

And nice job being discourteous to a person that has answered a bunch of your questions in the past.  I'll likely not bother helping you in the future, since you do not understand something as simple as how to be civil on an internet forum.

 


htc-davis wrote:

did someone get mad.... Owell!!


Nope.  Just because somebody doesn't agree with you, doesn't mean they are mad.  Duh.  Considering your post was edited by the mod due to courtesy reasons, I'd say the mad person is you.

 

Besides, just saying something doesn't make it fact.  As I mentioned before, cite your source or explain your reasoning.  Try to support your argument in a logical manner,  instead of flipping out.

 


htc-davis wrote:
No, its not all defects, if people cleared memory and did routine "pull battery" then there would be a difference. Thanks {keep it courteous}.

I never said "all" problems were caused by defects.  You are reading something into my post, that was not said.

 

Restarting the phone can indeed clear some minor system errors.  But doing go by holding the power button down, and choosing the restart option is safer than pulling the battery, and accomplishes the same goal.  Or alternately, shutting off the phone, then powering back on, with the "fast boot" option deselected.  Similar to a PC, letting the system shut itself down is safer than pulling the plug.  Battery pull should be reserved for times when the system is completely frozen, and you have no other option.

 

Simply browsing through the thread posts on this forum, you will see the vast majority of issues posted here are not solved by restarting the phone.

 

And nice job being discourteous to a person that has answered a bunch of your questions in the past.  I'll likely not bother helping you in the future, since you do not understand something as simple as how to be civil on an internet forum.

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Phones

[ Edited ]
8 of 11 (330 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 9, 2012 11:33:23 AM
0
(0)
Scholar

+1 Redpoint

+1 Redpoint

Re: Phones

9 of 11 (315 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2012 6:46:19 AM
0
(0)
Scholar
I give my sincere apologies to you.
I give my sincere apologies to you.

Re: Phones

10 of 11 (286 Views)
0
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 13, 2012 1:55:45 PM
0
(0)
Employee
Battery pulls? You should never have to do this.
Battery pulls? You should never have to do this.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Phones

11 of 11 (259 Views)
Share this post
Share this post