Phones that don't require a data plan?

Contributor

Phones that don't require a data plan?

I am looking for a phone that doesn't require a data plan and has a qwerty keyboard. I have tried just going through this site and looking at the quick messaging phones but when I look up more info on the phones it says some still require data plans. I've had an iPhone for about 2 years now so I don't remember how those phones work. 

I know some non smart phones can still get on facebook. Do you need a data plan on those too?

My husband will still have his iPhone and we are on a family plan.

Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Phones that don't require a data plan?

monmon wrote:

I am looking for a phone that doesn't require a data plan and has a qwerty keyboard. I have tried just going through this site and looking at the quick messaging phones but when I look up more info on the phones it says some still require data plans. I've had an iPhone for about 2 years now so I don't remember how those phones work. 

I know some non smart phones can still get on facebook. Do you need a data plan on those too?

My husband will still have his iPhone and we are on a family plan.

here is the link for the phones that do not require a data plan, a few of them have full physical keyboard and some are touchpads

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phones/quick-messaging.jsp

you can access facebook from some qmd devices but you will pay for data if you don;t have a data plan on the phone - if the list says requires data plan it is not a qmd device but a smartphone

Message 2 of 3
Master

Re: Phones that don't require a data plan?

Just got my daughter the LG Xpression and it does not require a data plan and the keyboard apears to be nice.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support