Phones that don't require a data plan?

Contributor

Phones that don't require a data plan?

I am looking for a phone that doesn't require a data plan and has a qwerty keyboard. I have tried just going through this site and looking at the quick messaging phones but when I look up more info on the phones it says some still require data plans. I've had an iPhone for about 2 years now so I don't remember how those phones work. 

I know some non smart phones can still get on facebook. Do you need a data plan on those too?

My husband will still have his iPhone and we are on a family plan.

Message 1 of 3
Expert

Re: Phones that don't require a data plan?

monmon wrote:

I am looking for a phone that doesn't require a data plan and has a qwerty keyboard. I have tried just going through this site and looking at the quick messaging phones but when I look up more info on the phones it says some still require data plans. I've had an iPhone for about 2 years now so I don't remember how those phones work. 

I know some non smart phones can still get on facebook. Do you need a data plan on those too?

My husband will still have his iPhone and we are on a family plan.

here is the link for the phones that do not require a data plan, a few of them have full physical keyboard and some are touchpads

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phones/quick-messaging.jsp

you can access facebook from some qmd devices but you will pay for data if you don;t have a data plan on the phone - if the list says requires data plan it is not a qmd device but a smartphone

Message 2 of 3
Master

Re: Phones that don't require a data plan?

Just got my daughter the LG Xpression and it does not require a data plan and the keyboard apears to be nice.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support