Posted Jan 23, 2011
10:54:22 AM
Phones obsolete after May 15, 2011

Received mail from ATT Wireless stating that my phones will no longer be able to make calls or receive calls after May 15, 2011 due to network upgrades. I am being offered free phones, but I need to choose a new rate plan. My phones are the Nokia 6102 and Samsung x426 with GSM 850/1900 capability. What is it about the network upgrades that make these phones obsolete?

102 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(102)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 3, 2011 1:17:12 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

doctordawg wrote:

I use a Samsung Monte with a blue colored SIM card. Am I screwed?

Virgin Mobile has a $25 month unlimited text/email/data/web with 300 mins talk for $25.  Does AT&T have a comparable deal? Id' rather stay where I am, but gotta pay the rent, too.

No "comparable" plans of that type are offered by AT&T. Although I will admit, that is a great price for all of the [mostly unlimited] features that are offered. I pay $25 per month just for unlimited messaging and up to 60 minutes of talk time.

Your best bet for paying such a low monthly amount would be to switch to prepaid. The lowest plan for a contract would be $39.99 just for 450 monthly minutes and a basic cell phone. Noting else included. Prepaid sounds like a better option to me for you, in my opinion. But still, you aren't getting nearly as many features to use for pretty much the same price... :smileyindifferent:

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

doctordawg wrote:

Virgin Mobile has a $25 month unlimited text/email/data/web with 300 mins talk for $25.  Does AT&T have a comparable deal? Id' rather stay where I am, but gotta pay the rent, too.

No "comparable" plans of that type are offered by AT&T. Although I will admit, that is a great price for all of the [mostly unlimited] features that are offered. I pay $25 per month just for unlimited messaging and up to 60 minutes of talk time.

Your best bet for paying such a low monthly amount would be to switch to prepaid. The lowest plan for a contract would be $39.99 just for 450 monthly minutes and a basic cell phone. Noting else included. Prepaid sounds like a better option to me for you, in my opinion. But still, you aren't getting nearly as many features to use for pretty much the same price... :smileyindifferent:

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Phones obsolete after May 15, 2011

61 of 103 (2,142 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 25, 2011 6:38:15 AM
(0)
Tutor

Wild Banchi wrote:

doctordawg wrote:

Don't understand how $25 is 'pretty much the same price...' as $40.  That's $180/year more. 

On another note, anyone score anything better than a free non-contract phone for accepting a new plan?

My corporate ATT rep said the switch wouldn't happen until June even though the letters said May 15th.

Wild Banchi wrote:

doctordawg wrote:

Don't understand how $25 is 'pretty much the same price...' as $40.  That's $180/year more. 

On another note, anyone score anything better than a free non-contract phone for accepting a new plan?

My corporate ATT rep said the switch wouldn't happen until June even though the letters said May 15th.

62 of 103 (1,760 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2011 7:06:50 AM
(0)
Scholar

The technical reason is that they are migrating all users onto a single HLR/VLR platform in the network (aka 3G/4G network upgrades).

You can keep your old plan, you just need to get an updated SIM card for that plan (CSR can do it).

The switch to a new plan is a marketing reason for obvious reasons of profit. End of story...

The technical reason is that they are migrating all users onto a single HLR/VLR platform in the network (aka 3G/4G network upgrades).

You can keep your old plan, you just need to get an updated SIM card for that plan (CSR can do it).

The switch to a new plan is a marketing reason for obvious reasons of profit. End of story...

63 of 103 (1,736 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2011 9:18:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

willzzz88 wrote:

Are you sure about that? So far I haven't heard any success stories.

willzzz88 wrote:

Are you sure about that? So far I haven't heard any success stories.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

64 of 103 (1,719 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2011 1:08:27 PM
(0)
Teacher

Retentions is now saving old Blue customers who threaten to disconnect with the following offers.

Bonus minutes (100 per line)

Free A-List to plans not normally qualified

1000+ one time rpllover minutes

Unlimited data plan for $30 to those with mMode unlimited data

Customer service can't do this,  neither can the switch reps at the number on your letter.

Also, those who complain to the FCC are also getting things like dollar credits to their account.

But the rate plans are the plans, no getting around that AFIK.

Ongoing discussion at Howard Forums www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1698164-Service-Termination-May-15th-2011-Old-Blue-AT-amp-T-Cust...

Retentions is now saving old Blue customers who threaten to disconnect with the following offers.

Bonus minutes (100 per line)

Free A-List to plans not normally qualified

1000+ one time rpllover minutes

Unlimited data plan for $30 to those with mMode unlimited data

Customer service can't do this,  neither can the switch reps at the number on your letter.

Also, those who complain to the FCC are also getting things like dollar credits to their account.

But the rate plans are the plans, no getting around that AFIK.

Ongoing discussion at Howard Forums www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1698164-Service-Termination-May-15th-2011-Old-Blue-AT-amp-T-Customer?goto=newpost

65 of 103 (1,703 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2011 5:22:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by dmapr on Mar 31, 2011 at 5:22:46 PM

Got this voicemail from AT&T today.

"Hello this is an important message from AT&T about your wireless service. Please listen carefully to these two important updates. First we've extended your deadline to transition your service to a new phone and rate plan. You now have until August 31, 2011 the transition your service to ensure continuous wireless service. Second text service will not be available on your current phone after April 30, 2011. However, once we transition your service. You will once again be able to send and receive text messages. Please stop by your local AT&T company owned store today to transition your service and select your new free replacement phones from select devices and the new rate plan. Remember you can keep your current wireless number. And no new service commitment is required. If you have already responded to this message. No further action is necessary "

"Hello this is an important message from AT&T about your wireless service. Please listen carefully to these two important updates. First we've extended your deadline to transition your service to a new phone and rate plan. You now have until August 31, 2011 the transition your service to ensure continuous wireless service. Second text service will not be available on your current phone after April 30, 2011. However, once we transition your service. You will once again be able to send and receive text messages. Please stop by your local AT&T company owned store today to transition your service and select your new free replacement phones from select devices and the new rate plan. Remember you can keep your current wireless number. And no new service commitment is required. If you have already responded to this message. No further action is necessary "

Deadline extended until end of August, messaging to go by the end of April

[ Edited ]
66 of 103 (1,518 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 31, 2011 10:20:42 PM
(0)
Contributor

BrianfromNO,

You are incorrect. I still have my contract that I signed back in 2000 where in it states...

"YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP YOUR PLAN AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT CANCEL SERVICE. AT&T WILL NOT MAKE YOU CHANGE YOUR PRICING OR PLAN WITHOUT YOUR AUTHORITY". YOUR PRICING PLAN WILL REMAIN IN

EFFECT AFTER YOUR 2 YEAR AGREEMENT OBLIGATION HAS BEEN MET."

Pretty clear to me that they are on thin ice with this one and you can bet I will not give authority.

So AT&T, I have been contacting you and you want more money. Not going to happen. I have a contract and I would hope all of you with the blue plan have your copy as well.

I have logged a complaint with the FCC and they seem to be very interested in my complaint.

BrianfromNO,

You are incorrect. I still have my contract that I signed back in 2000 where in it states...

"YOU WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP YOUR PLAN AS LONG AS YOU DO NOT CANCEL SERVICE. AT&T WILL NOT MAKE YOU CHANGE YOUR PRICING OR PLAN WITHOUT YOUR AUTHORITY". YOUR PRICING PLAN WILL REMAIN IN

Pretty clear to me that they are on thin ice with this one and you can bet I will not give authority.

So AT&T, I have been contacting you and you want more money. Not going to happen. I have a contract and I would hope all of you with the blue plan have your copy as well.

I have logged a complaint with the FCC and they seem to be very interested in my complaint.

67 of 103 (1,476 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2011 6:44:09 PM
(0)
Teacher

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you have a copy of this you can scan and post. This could help us all out!

Do you have a copy of this you can scan and post. This could help us all out!

68 of 103 (1,312 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2011 8:19:55 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by pamelaz on Apr 4, 2011 at 8:46:38 PM

I have a shoebox at home marked "ancient history" I am almost certain I have similar paperwork. However, I won't be back until mid september to find it. I'm with you spdickey1, you have mirrored my sentiments exactly in intelligent fashion. I clearly recall reading this exact wording years ago prompting me to decide to never terminate this account because of the leverage of that text. New Orleans dude, you are tripping and clearly know next to nothing about unlocked phones and the likes. The Nokia flagship store in NYC sells unlocked smartphones that work on AT&T's network right out of the box. The same can be said about iphones purchased in Canada as mentioned in a previous post. Genius bar? Apple warranty? Just the mention of these things makes the person who typed it lose all credibility as knowledgable in this sector. {Please keep it courteous} Things are going to get interesting in the coming months. Long time holdouts will hopefully benefit.

I have a shoebox at home marked "ancient history" I am almost certain I have similar paperwork. However, I won't be back until mid september to find it. I'm with you spdickey1, you have mirrored my sentiments exactly in intelligent fashion. I clearly recall reading this exact wording years ago prompting me to decide to never terminate this account because of the leverage of that text. New Orleans dude, you are tripping and clearly know next to nothing about unlocked phones and the likes. The Nokia flagship store in NYC sells unlocked smartphones that work on AT&T's network right out of the box. The same can be said about iphones purchased in Canada as mentioned in a previous post. Genius bar? Apple warranty? Just the mention of these things makes the person who typed it lose all credibility as knowledgable in this sector. {Please keep it courteous} Things are going to get interesting in the coming months. Long time holdouts will hopefully benefit.

[ Edited ]
69 of 103 (1,280 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2011 8:04:02 AM
(0)
Tutor

dmapr wrote:

Didn't get the voice mail but got the snail mail letter.  Same dates, no new offers.

dmapr wrote:

Didn't get the voice mail but got the snail mail letter.  Same dates, no new offers.

Re: Deadline extended until end of August, messaging to go by the end of April

70 of 103 (1,257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2011 6:46:23 PM
(0)
Teacher

I dug up a link to a cache (on ATT.com website) with TOS agreement for the business wireless plans back to 2000, including those of the former AT&T Wireless Service (AWS) which was merged with Cingular, now AT&T Mobility.

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/legal-contracts/cda-prior-terms.jsp

Nowhere does it say you can keep the same rates and features for life, rather the company can change rates and services at any time, with notice.

I dug up a link to a cache (on ATT.com website) with TOS agreement for the business wireless plans back to 2000, including those of the former AT&T Wireless Service (AWS) which was merged with Cingular, now AT&T Mobility.

Nowhere does it say you can keep the same rates and features for life, rather the company can change rates and services at any time, with notice.

71 of 103 (1,320 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 6, 2011 8:21:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

spdickey1 wrote:

Don't know about business, and it wasn't on all consumer plans either, but sometime between April 2004 and October 2004 AT&T Wireless was offering "lifetime bonus minutes" (they appeared that way in OLAM). Perhaps the previous poster has a corresponding contract?

spdickey1 wrote:

Don't know about business, and it wasn't on all consumer plans either, but sometime between April 2004 and October 2004 AT&T Wireless was offering "lifetime bonus minutes" (they appeared that way in OLAM). Perhaps the previous poster has a corresponding contract?

72 of 103 (1,297 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2011 10:13:57 AM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by spdickey1 on Apr 7, 2011 at 10:17:14 AM

______________________________________________________________________________________

dmapt wrote:

I don't know who's lifetime they are talking about, mine or ATTW? The TOS from the era also refer to sales materials (brochures and such) being a part of the agreement, perhaps the "lifetime" or "never change" language is there. But we'd need something in writing to show the FCC. So far all the TOS I've seen gives AWS (and its sucessors, which Cingular and ATTM are) the right to change rates and services with notice. Something I'd expect from any subscription based service.

______________________________________________________________________________________

dmapt wrote:

I don't know who's lifetime they are talking about, mine or ATTW? The TOS from the era also refer to sales materials (brochures and such) being a part of the agreement, perhaps the "lifetime" or "never change" language is there. But we'd need something in writing to show the FCC. So far all the TOS I've seen gives AWS (and its sucessors, which Cingular and ATTM are) the right to change rates and services with notice. Something I'd expect from any subscription based service.

[ Edited ]
73 of 103 (1,251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2011 8:59:18 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

spdickey1 wrote:

I imagine “lifetime” refers to the plan in this case. Presumably other bonus minutes (like the ones I have) AT&T could've pulled once the contract was over, which of course they never did. I don't remember seeing any “never change” language there, and as you said one doesn't expect that sort of thing in such a contract. Lifetime though is a fairly standard thing in subscriptions, with fine print usually indicating what it's bound to. For instance, if you bought a TiVo with a “lifetime” subscription (while those were available) it was tied to the device, not your account. Same with GPS and lifetime map updates.

spdickey1 wrote:

I imagine “lifetime” refers to the plan in this case. Presumably other bonus minutes (like the ones I have) AT&T could've pulled once the contract was over, which of course they never did. I don't remember seeing any “never change” language there, and as you said one doesn't expect that sort of thing in such a contract. Lifetime though is a fairly standard thing in subscriptions, with fine print usually indicating what it's bound to. For instance, if you bought a TiVo with a “lifetime” subscription (while those were available) it was tied to the device, not your account. Same with GPS and lifetime map updates.

74 of 103 (1,221 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 14, 2011 6:04:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

So my wife just got this letter for the no obligation upgrade and she found a phone she likes, but my question is this: Say she uses the letter to upgrade her phone to the one she wants, can she then also use the upgrade on the account that also extends the contract to get another phone? Just trying to see if I can maybe get a new phone out of this too, I hate my phone and too impatient to wait 6 months.

So my wife just got this letter for the no obligation upgrade and she found a phone she likes, but my question is this: Say she uses the letter to upgrade her phone to the one she wants, can she then also use the upgrade on the account that also extends the contract to get another phone? Just trying to see if I can maybe get a new phone out of this too, I hate my phone and too impatient to wait 6 months.

75 of 103 (1,107 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 15, 2011 7:50:48 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by JohnMT on Apr 15, 2011 at 8:06:28 PM

fcampana wrote:

Received mail from ATT Wireless stating that my phones will no longer be able to make calls or receive calls after May 15, 2011 due to network upgrades. I am being offered free phones, but I need to choose a new rate plan. My phones are the Nokia 6102 and Samsung x426 with GSM 850/1900 capability. What is it about the network upgrades that make these phones obsolete?

The plan I have on the blue network is actually similar to the new plan I'm being offered so thats not a big deal to me. My issue is having to get a new phone and likly for B*S reasons. My Samsung 426 is rugged and has worked great for years. We like it. Its a dual band GSM and should be no issue in the US. So why is ATT telling, no insisting that my "phone" is obsolete and will not work?  Has ATT changed the GSM frequencies? I don't use or want data coverage, use voice only. I should only need a new sim card for THEIR network change. And the free phones offered are pieces of plastic crap that don't last a YEAR.  I've been with Cellular1/ATT/Cingular and now back to ATT, actually started with a bag phone, I've been with them that long.     So what does all that loyalty mean?     zip, zero, nada, goose egg, not a dam thing

Seems like the B*S is even deeper with this one, claiming tech issues to force you into a data capable phone so you have to buy a data plan as well like it or not.  The T Mobile commercials capture it perfectly.

fcampana wrote:

The plan I have on the blue network is actually similar to the new plan I'm being offered so thats not a big deal to me. My issue is having to get a new phone and likly for B*S reasons. My Samsung 426 is rugged and has worked great for years. We like it. Its a dual band GSM and should be no issue in the US. So why is ATT telling, no insisting that my "phone" is obsolete and will not work?  Has ATT changed the GSM frequencies? I don't use or want data coverage, use voice only. I should only need a new sim card for THEIR network change. And the free phones offered are pieces of plastic crap that don't last a YEAR.  I've been with Cellular1/ATT/Cingular and now back to ATT, actually started with a bag phone, I've been with them that long.     So what does all that loyalty mean?     zip, zero, nada, goose egg, not a dam thing

Seems like the B*S is even deeper with this one, claiming tech issues to force you into a data capable phone so you have to buy a data plan as well like it or not.  The T Mobile commercials capture it perfectly.

[ Edited ]
76 of 103 (1,062 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2011 9:53:52 AM
(0)
Employee
about at&t never changing your plan the thing is technically you don't have at&t you have Cingular who bought at&t and took the name. but if you have that in writing fight for it.
about at&t never changing your plan the thing is technically you don't have at&t you have Cingular who bought at&t and took the name. but if you have that in writing fight for it.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

77 of 103 (1,037 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2011 8:32:46 AM
(0)
Tutor

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Wrong.  He may have bought Cingular but when at&t bought Cingular they bought all of Cingulars commitments and liabilities at the same time. 

JFizDaWiz wrote:

Wrong.  He may have bought Cingular but when at&t bought Cingular they bought all of Cingulars commitments and liabilities at the same time. 

78 of 103 (983 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2011 8:37:40 AM
(0)
Tutor

JohnMT wrote:

I agree but the problem is the phone is locked to the sim card.  With blue the your phone may have been locked to an "AT&T" sim and a new sim the card will report "at&t".  Unless your phone is unlocked (which at&t many or may not have the ability to change) you cannot use the new sim card in your phone.  Your best bet, see if your phone can be unlocked and then put the sim card from one of the new phones in it to continue to use it.

JohnMT wrote:

I agree but the problem is the phone is locked to the sim card.  With blue the your phone may have been locked to an "AT&T" sim and a new sim the card will report "at&t".  Unless your phone is unlocked (which at&t many or may not have the ability to change) you cannot use the new sim card in your phone.  Your best bet, see if your phone can be unlocked and then put the sim card from one of the new phones in it to continue to use it.

79 of 103 (982 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2011 7:33:31 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks, my phone was unlocked long ago, I can use any sim card. Took the new phone, now if I can just get the da*m sim card out!
Thanks, my phone was unlocked long ago, I can use any sim card. Took the new phone, now if I can just get the da*m sim card out!

80 of 103 (955 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 27, 2011 5:21:24 PM
(0)
Teacher
Edited by katieeighty on Apr 27, 2011 at 5:36:17 PM

Got called back by Keith M. {personal information removed} at the "OPP" and here is his final offer...

$59.99 550 minutes + 200 additional (first used, non-rollover) minutes (which I won't get after TWO years, bummer)
4000 one time rollover minutes
Two Blackberry Curves
Unlimited data $30
Waive any sales tax on "free" phones
First month voice free ($59.99 credit)

A-List not available on the 550 plan, he said he tried. He'll note the account, send me, and the FCC, a letter confirming. I'll migrate in August (why pay more now!) and then call him back to get everything in the account if the high-schoolers at the AT&T Store can't do it. 

So I end up with 250 less minutes than today, 450 less after year two. I get the unlimited data I really wanted, and a $60 credit for the hassle of switching. All for $20 more a month than I'm paying today.

Plus a couple of Curves I can sell for around $300 each. And if/when T-Mobile has a better offer down the road (they might as the merger gets closer) I'll switch.

Positives for going through the hassle of complaining...

$30 UNLIMITED DATA
200 more minutes a month for the first two years
$60 one time credit
2000 extra bonus rollovers
Free sales tax

Wish list for next go around (I'll try again with retentions this summer, the offers might get even better later), A-List, monthly discounts on the rate rather than the $60 one time credit, A-List. I don't text.

Got called back by Keith M. {personal information removed} at the "OPP" and here is his final offer...

$59.99 550 minutes + 200 additional (first used, non-rollover) minutes (which I won't get after TWO years, bummer)
4000 one time rollover minutes
Two Blackberry Curves
Unlimited data $30
Waive any sales tax on "free" phones
First month voice free ($59.99 credit)

A-List not available on the 550 plan, he said he tried. He'll note the account, send me, and the FCC, a letter confirming. I'll migrate in August (why pay more now!) and then call him back to get everything in the account if the high-schoolers at the AT&T Store can't do it. 

So I end up with 250 less minutes than today, 450 less after year two. I get the unlimited data I really wanted, and a $60 credit for the hassle of switching. All for $20 more a month than I'm paying today.

Plus a couple of Curves I can sell for around $300 each. And if/when T-Mobile has a better offer down the road (they might as the merger gets closer) I'll switch.

Positives for going through the hassle of complaining...

$30 UNLIMITED DATA
200 more minutes a month for the first two years
$60 one time credit
2000 extra bonus rollovers
Free sales tax

Wish list for next go around (I'll try again with retentions this summer, the offers might get even better later), A-List, monthly discounts on the rate rather than the $60 one time credit, A-List. I don't text.

[ Edited ]
81 of 103 (1,012 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 28, 2011 5:04:48 AM
(0)
Employee
braveit1, Cingular bought AT&T. They decided to just take AT&T's name.
braveit1, Cingular bought AT&T. They decided to just take AT&T's name.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

82 of 103 (1,000 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2011 6:33:03 AM
(0)
Professor

Is there a list of phones that will not work under the new and improved 3G (oops, they're calling it 4G/LTE, my bad)..?

For the most part, customers have 3g phones that will continue to operate but wont access 4G (lol).  Which phones in ATT's catalog will not be supported? is there a list for us to review so know what NOT to order?

Is there a list of phones that will not work under the new and improved 3G (oops, they're calling it 4G/LTE, my bad)..?

For the most part, customers have 3g phones that will continue to operate but wont access 4G (lol).  Which phones in ATT's catalog will not be supported? is there a list for us to review so know what NOT to order?

Me and My DELL Streak (TED-III)

83 of 103 (970 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2011 5:46:36 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

RicoLX wrote:

No, basically all GSM 850/1900-capable phones will work on AT&T network. In this thread we're talking about people who're being notified by AT&T because of the SIM cards they use, not the phones. I could be using my SIM card in an iPhone 4 and I would still get those notifications from AT&T. They just chose to say that the phones will stop working (completely false statement) whereas they'll just disallow our SIM cards from roaming on their network.

RicoLX wrote:

No, basically all GSM 850/1900-capable phones will work on AT&T network. In this thread we're talking about people who're being notified by AT&T because of the SIM cards they use, not the phones. I could be using my SIM card in an iPhone 4 and I would still get those notifications from AT&T. They just chose to say that the phones will stop working (completely false statement) whereas they'll just disallow our SIM cards from roaming on their network.

84 of 103 (950 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2011 5:53:20 PM
(0)
Professor
Yes, now that makes sense. I can see a batch of sim cards needing replaced. Thanks for the clarification.
Yes, now that makes sense. I can see a batch of sim cards needing replaced. Thanks for the clarification.

85 of 103 (945 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 29, 2011 5:55:58 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

RicoLX wrote:

You're welcome!

RicoLX wrote:

You're welcome!

86 of 103 (943 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2011 3:42:49 AM
(0)
Employee
but a time may come if you have a blue plan and a nnew similar they'll catch on
but a time may come if you have a blue plan and a nnew similar they'll catch on

87 of 103 (905 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2011 4:52:24 AM
(0)
Professor
Yes, its nice to be able to stick my sim in any of my older phones I can use for backup, but I bet you are right jfiz, we ay not get to do that much longer, especially with a bluesim
Yes, its nice to be able to stick my sim in any of my older phones I can use for backup, but I bet you are right jfiz, we ay not get to do that much longer, especially with a bluesim

88 of 103 (897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2011 4:53:24 AM
(0)
Professor

89 of 103 (897 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 2, 2011 11:15:19 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

RicoLX wrote:

Well, the current expiration date for Blue SIMs is set to August 31st — your old phones will still work fine, as long as they're unlocked and support necessary bands.

RicoLX wrote:

Well, the current expiration date for Blue SIMs is set to August 31st — your old phones will still work fine, as long as they're unlocked and support necessary bands.

90 of 103 (871 Views)