Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Mar 7, 2012
11:42:48 AM
Phones do not work indoors now?
I joined at@t about 5 months ago. My phone worked great at my job for the first 4 months. Now it barely carries a signal while my iPad works just fine right next to it. My cell is crucial to my job. I now get important texts 30-60 minutes after they are sent. The time stamp on the text tells me when it was sent, I'm just not getting them when sent. So I call support, the woman actually told me that if I'm in a brick building my phone won't work. Now that makes zero sense since cell phones have worked inside buildings for 20 years now. But it also doesn't explain how it worked fine inside my job for the first four months. Then she does the "just turn it off" lie, I explained I have dine that numerous times, so sh tells me to get a new sim card and that'll make it work. It's unreal the people they have in support. I though Sprint was bad, but these guys take the gold medal. I'm gonna just move on to another company but it's gonna costume and the lady over 300 to get out. And I thought at@ was top notch. And this is my second phone already, first one went into airplane mode and wouldn't come out of it.
I joined at@t about 5 months ago. My phone worked great at my job for the first 4 months. Now it barely carries a signal while my iPad works just fine right next to it. My cell is crucial to my job. I now get important texts 30-60 minutes after they are sent. The time stamp on the text tells me when it was sent, I'm just not getting them when sent. So I call support, the woman actually told me that if I'm in a brick building my phone won't work. Now that makes zero sense since cell phones have worked inside buildings for 20 years now. But it also doesn't explain how it worked fine inside my job for the first four months. Then she does the "just turn it off" lie, I explained I have dine that numerous times, so sh tells me to get a new sim card and that'll make it work. It's unreal the people they have in support. I though Sprint was bad, but these guys take the gold medal. I'm gonna just move on to another company but it's gonna costume and the lady over 300 to get out. And I thought at@ was top notch. And this is my second phone already, first one went into airplane mode and wouldn't come out of it.

Phones do not work indoors now?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2012 8:14:01 PM
(0)
Professor

If the iPad is working and your phone is not, I would assumee the phone is the problem.  What phone are you using? 

If the iPad is working and your phone is not, I would assumee the phone is the problem.  What phone are you using? 

Re: Phones do not work indoors now?

2 of 3 (266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 13, 2012 9:31:17 AM
(0)
Moved for better exposure

Phil-101 • Community Moderator
Remember to always mark posts that resolved your issue with Accept as Solution.
You can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.
This will help other users find this information too!

Re: Phones do not work indoors now?

3 of 3 (213 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments