Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 13, 2011
9:45:09 AM
View profile
Phone won't transition to MC

Until recently my phone would seamlessly transition to my 3G MC network when I got home. Now I need to reboot my phone in order to connect to it. I have tried just about everything I can think of to fix the issue. Has anyone had this problem before? I'm not sure if it's a phone, or MC issue at this point.

Thanks,

Scott

Until recently my phone would seamlessly transition to my 3G MC network when I got home. Now I need to reboot my phone in order to connect to it. I have tried just about everything I can think of to fix the issue. Has anyone had this problem before? I'm not sure if it's a phone, or MC issue at this point.

Thanks,

Scott

Phone won't transition to MC

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2011 11:22:26 AM
(0)
Contributor
Going through the exact same problem with mine and having zero help from the ATT support. I literally moved from one location to another and now the MicroCell will not connect to my phone (or any other authorized phones in the list).

About ready to switch to Verizon to be honest.

Going through the exact same problem with mine and having zero help from the ATT support. I literally moved from one location to another and now the MicroCell will not connect to my phone (or any other authorized phones in the list).

About ready to switch to Verizon to be honest.

Re: Phone won't transition to MC

2 of 3 (387 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2011 1:13:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
If you have iPhones, that is a known issue in some cases. AT&T blames Cisco, Cisco blames Apple, etc. Some have suggested that the phone doesn't know how to hand off to the MC or vice versa if the tower signal is too strong. It confuses the phone because it sees the MC and then the tower and isn't sure which one to connect to. Sounds bogus I know but that is one of the prevailing theories, so far. One suggestion was to move the MC to a more central location in your house and see if that makes a difference. Don't change your physical address (as in moving to a new house/apartment) because you'll need to re-register the device at the new address and AT&T will have to find it in their database which isn't always accurate.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

If you have iPhones, that is a known issue in some cases. AT&T blames Cisco, Cisco blames Apple, etc. Some have suggested that the phone doesn't know how to hand off to the MC or vice versa if the tower signal is too strong. It confuses the phone because it sees the MC and then the tower and isn't sure which one to connect to. Sounds bogus I know but that is one of the prevailing theories, so far. One suggestion was to move the MC to a more central location in your house and see if that makes a difference. Don't change your physical address (as in moving to a new house/apartment) because you'll need to re-register the device at the new address and AT&T will have to find it in their database which isn't always accurate.

MicroCell Technical Guide by Otto Pylot

I am not an AT&T employee. For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Phone won't transition to MC

3 of 3 (376 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments