Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted May 22, 2012
7:33:27 PM
View profile
Phone upgrade
Hi I have been with AT&T now for a year almost. I initially had a blackberry and wanted to upgrade my phone. I was coaxed by AT&T representatives to buy an android. I cannot explain how disgusting the phone and the service is. I have a Samsung infuse that simply does not work on wifi. Because of this functionality problem I upgraded by Internet service I pay a monthly bill of around 170$. When I contacted AT&T I was told they can't do anything. If they can't then why did they sell me this phone.
Hi I have been with AT&T now for a year almost. I initially had a blackberry and wanted to upgrade my phone. I was coaxed by AT&T representatives to buy an android. I cannot explain how disgusting the phone and the service is. I have a Samsung infuse that simply does not work on wifi. Because of this functionality problem I upgraded by Internet service I pay a monthly bill of around 170$. When I contacted AT&T I was told they can't do anything. If they can't then why did they sell me this phone.

Phone upgrade

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2012 7:36:13 PM
(0)
Master

Shilparav wrote:

Unfortunately you got that phone at a discount and you had 30 days to try it out and return it if it did not work.  You can buy a new phone a full price or if available an early upgrade price or you can wait for your upgrade date which should be around 18 to 20 months into your contract.  Check your upgrade status usng the "My Account" in the orange bar.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Shilparav wrote:

Unfortunately you got that phone at a discount and you had 30 days to try it out and return it if it did not work.  You can buy a new phone a full price or if available an early upgrade price or you can wait for your upgrade date which should be around 18 to 20 months into your contract.  Check your upgrade status usng the "My Account" in the orange bar.

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Phone upgrade

2 of 5 (671 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2012 7:58:42 PM
(0)
Contributor
Well, The phone worked fine only the first thirty days. Is there nothing AT&T can do even as a good will gesture.
Well, The phone worked fine only the first thirty days. Is there nothing AT&T can do even as a good will gesture.

3 of 5 (667 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 22, 2012 8:05:17 PM
(0)
Master
Edited by youngjm on May 22, 2012 at 8:06:52 PM

Shilparav wrote:

They are not going to respond here publicly but you can try to reach out to Jamileh who is a community manager and might be able to help but no guarantees.  You can also try a store manager who may have more latitude than a rep??????

Shilparav wrote:

They are not going to respond here publicly but you can try to reach out to Jamileh who is a community manager and might be able to help but no guarantees.  You can also try a store manager who may have more latitude than a rep??????

Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (665 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 23, 2012 12:26:17 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Thanks youngjm. Smiley Happy

@shilparav - I received and responded to your private message. Thanks!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Thanks youngjm. Smiley Happy

@shilparav - I received and responded to your private message. Thanks!

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (621 Views)