Ask a question

Posted Oct 27, 2011
3:39:33 AM
Phone turns off when idle and on wifi :-/

I noticed that my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone (even when fully charged) would turn off by itself whenever it's connected to WiFi and is idle. I'm pretty sure it's not a battery issue since this does not happen when I'm not connected to WiFi. I've also looked through all my phone settings to make sure my phone doesn't have any sleep  function that might be causing this.  Does anyone else have an idea as to what may be causing this?

Phone turns off when idle and on wifi :-/

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 4:56:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

did this happen straight out of the box or after u dled some apps?

i never heard of this issue.  might as well just go exchange it.

Re: Phone turns off when idle and on wifi :-/

2 of 3 (433 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 27, 2011 7:33:37 AM
(0)
Guru

eniarrol wrote:

I noticed that my Samsung Galaxy S2 phone (even when fully charged) would turn off by itself whenever it's connected to WiFi and is idle. I'm pretty sure it's not a battery issue since this does not happen when I'm not connected to WiFi. I've also looked through all my phone settings to make sure my phone doesn't have any sleep  function that might be causing this.  Does anyone else have an idea as to what may be causing this?

"turn off" as in the screen turns off - that's by design, that's what the screen timeout is for.

"turn off" as in it won't wake back up - that's a Sleep of Death, and it shouldn't happen on a stock device.  (Note:  If you're rooted and using screen-off profiles in SetCPU, this WILL trigger an SoD in phones without a specific kernel patch.  But this only applies if you're rooted and set a screen-off profile in SetCPU that does not include 800 MHz.)

-------------- CyanogenMod 9/10 device co-maintainer for: SGH-I777 (AT&T Galaxy S2) GT-N7000 (International Galaxy Note) GT-N8013 (Galaxy Note 10.1 Wifi)

Re: Phone turns off when idle and on wifi :-/

3 of 3 (420 Views)