Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Nov 7, 2011
3:31:57 PM
View profile
Phone not getting proper refill/debit card charged/not much help from phone customer service

Here is my issue, i tried refilling my gophone online, but three times it gave me an error saying my card was declined. However, my bank says and shows that i have been charged three times now for the 50$ unlimited plan. I tried calling Gophone support but there was no option to talk to a representative there, so when given the option to choose a number to use on the 1-800 number i kept pressing random numbers until it gave me someone to talk to.

From there, they transferred me to the go phone services where i finally talked to someone. They confirmed they saw i was charged three times for the unlimited plan. After 40+ minutes of waiting and sitting on hold i thought i finally was going to get my refund and have my phone put properly back on. But that was not the case. I was told i was being transferred to billing where they would immediately refund the money i was charged with the information sent from the last person i talked to, instead i got an automated voice asking me for my 19 digit phone number. I put that in, went through the menus and finally got it to send me to another representative. I got on the line with them, and they didn't hear my side of the call so they hung up. It took nearly an hour of call waiting and talking to reps to get as far as a hang up.

I am now down 160$ and my phone is unusable because it has no minutes.

So is there ANY number i can call that can get me talking directly with someone who can actually help me, i am a very patient person but at this point im becoming very irritated. 

Here is my issue, i tried refilling my gophone online, but three times it gave me an error saying my card was declined. However, my bank says and shows that i have been charged three times now for the 50$ unlimited plan. I tried calling Gophone support but there was no option to talk to a representative there, so when given the option to choose a number to use on the 1-800 number i kept pressing random numbers until it gave me someone to talk to.

From there, they transferred me to the go phone services where i finally talked to someone. They confirmed they saw i was charged three times for the unlimited plan. After 40+ minutes of waiting and sitting on hold i thought i finally was going to get my refund and have my phone put properly back on. But that was not the case. I was told i was being transferred to billing where they would immediately refund the money i was charged with the information sent from the last person i talked to, instead i got an automated voice asking me for my 19 digit phone number. I put that in, went through the menus and finally got it to send me to another representative. I got on the line with them, and they didn't hear my side of the call so they hung up. It took nearly an hour of call waiting and talking to reps to get as far as a hang up.

I am now down 160$ and my phone is unusable because it has no minutes.

So is there ANY number i can call that can get me talking directly with someone who can actually help me, i am a very patient person but at this point im becoming very irritated. 

Phone not getting proper refill/debit card charged/not much help from phone customer service

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2011 3:59:18 PM
(0)
Contributor
Just got off the phone again with a customer service rep with a bad attitude. She told me that the amounts taken from my account weren't actually taken from my account. Sure, that makes sense, explain that one to my bank who has now told me that it indeed was a withdrawal. The service rep then told me to spend another 50 dollars over the phone to get a refill. Yea, right. That also makes perfect sense. I don't have money to just keep wasting when clearly it's doing nothing. So now i get to go without a phone for 1-3 business days (assuming i actually get my money back)

Thanks AT&T.
Just got off the phone again with a customer service rep with a bad attitude. She told me that the amounts taken from my account weren't actually taken from my account. Sure, that makes sense, explain that one to my bank who has now told me that it indeed was a withdrawal. The service rep then told me to spend another 50 dollars over the phone to get a refill. Yea, right. That also makes perfect sense. I don't have money to just keep wasting when clearly it's doing nothing. So now i get to go without a phone for 1-3 business days (assuming i actually get my money back)

Thanks AT&T.

Re: Phone not getting proper refill/debit card charged/not much help from phone customer service

2 of 3 (208 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2011 2:08:42 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Hey, 

Sorry that you're having so much trouble with this. It should be a pretty simple process. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? Also, if you happen to have the name or ID of the rep you spoke with; please include that in your private message. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Hey, 

Sorry that you're having so much trouble with this. It should be a pretty simple process. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you? Also, if you happen to have the name or ID of the rep you spoke with; please include that in your private message. 

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Phone not getting proper refill/debit card charged/not much help from phone customer service

3 of 3 (176 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments