Phone connected to computer

Contributor

Phone connected to computer

When my phone is connected to my computer will I use my data amount or will it automatically then use my computer connection.

ThanksCat Embarassed

Message 1 of 3 (227 Views)
Contributor

Re: Phone connected to computer

It automatically uses your data. If you disconnect, you must turn off the hotspot on the phone or it keep using it. If you are using WiFi, then you must submit to the ATT gods, because the ATT signal will keep bumping in and using the data. I've had WiFi for 2 months, and the less I use ATT, the higher the bill. 

Message 2 of 3 (223 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Phone connected to computer

[ Edited ]

brit in usa wrote:

When my phone is connected to my computer will I use my data amount or will it automatically then use my computer connection.

ThanksCat Embarassed

I'm on wifi at home all of the time and I turn my data connection OFF. The only time I have plugged my phone into my PC was to CHARGE it since I wanted to have it next to me at the time. 

I would suggest, if you don't want to use YOUR data plan, and if you can hook up to WIFI, then TURN OFF your data connection to be on the safe side.

REGRET NOTHING~

we live & learn~

Message 3 of 3 (221 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.