Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 4, 2012
8:49:12 AM
View profile
Phone Unlocking

I am looking for some help in using a phone I bought internationally. I bought a used nokia 2610 at&t cell phone because I would like to use it in Central America, but it is locked to the at&t network and will not allow me to use other network sim cards. Is there a way to unlock the phone without spending a fortune? Thanks for any help.

I am looking for some help in using a phone I bought internationally. I bought a used nokia 2610 at&t cell phone because I would like to use it in Central America, but it is locked to the at&t network and will not allow me to use other network sim cards. Is there a way to unlock the phone without spending a fortune? Thanks for any help.

Phone Unlocking

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2012 10:56:47 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

When the phone has been released there wasn't an easy way to unlock it. Since it's a pretty old model that could've changed -- try googling around for a code generator.

Regardless, it's a dual-band 850/1900MHz phone and while the majority of Central America has service on at least one of these bands some other countries will make use of 900 & 1800MHz frequencies. You'll be much better off getting a new device anyway.

When the phone has been released there wasn't an easy way to unlock it. Since it's a pretty old model that could've changed -- try googling around for a code generator.

Regardless, it's a dual-band 850/1900MHz phone and while the majority of Central America has service on at least one of these bands some other countries will make use of 900 & 1800MHz frequencies. You'll be much better off getting a new device anyway.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Phone Unlocking

2 of 2 (395 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments