Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 1, 2012
6:33:35 PM
Phone Number Change - ATT Purposely Misleads & Give False Directions

I was trying to change telephone numbers on my gophone and of course, it took me about 1 hour to even find it on their website where to look and had to search all 100+ searchs to actually find anything that I needed.  Of course it just happened to be that the page I needed was unavailable that they said to use... 

Then I contacted the so called live help and that was another fieasco...  Of course, as the live help person kept saying - they had no live help for gophones and he gave a phone number to call.  Of course they could only provide 24/7 help for the unlimited phones, which is the meat and guts of their profits, compared to gophone users....  And wouldn't you know it, this department was closed because it was after hours and they only provide closed (aka bankers hours) for us lowlives using gophones...

So of course I tried doing more searching and another 30 or so minutes, I found a screen that said you log into your account and click on what turned out to be a non existant link to change your telephone number.   I spend another 30 minutes opening and looking at each and every link for this:

• Go to the Phone/Device page in myAT&T. You may be asked to log in if you have not done so already.
  • Select the Wireless Number Change link.
  • Enter one of the following: your ZIP Code, city/state, or the area code and 3-digit prefix of your wireless phone number in the appropriate fields, and select Next.
  • Click on the radio button (small circle) next to the new wireless number of your choice, then select Submit.
  • You will receive a confirmation page, as well as an email and text message (SMS) confirming your transaction.
  • From the bottom of the confirmation page, select Logout. (Note: You must log back in using the new wireless number and your existing password for the number change to take effect).

So anything simple and easy, ATT makes anyone waste 2+ hours of their day only to come to dead ends over and over.   Needless to say, this initial link in step 2 is non existant and I tried 3 or 4 different logs in/out, with not a single link.  So us gophone losers aren't worth anything to them.

This ATT support for gophones are so confusing, I think they do this on purpose so we spend hours of our time, only to find out that they purposely mislead everyone...  Bet ya they do this because we are not paying for their billion $$ houses as fast as unlimited accounts...  Right?  Imagine all the money they are making with all the newests phones every month and unlimited $100+ a month 2 year plans, and here are us gophone users only giving them pennies...  So it is clear to anyone we are worthless, bottom of the barrell losers that they don't care, and pay us back for it by not making pages actually available, misleading on our searches, burying what we are looking for so deep, and then place false and misleading steps that are not actually on available or placed on the pages, that we quit with gophones and start paying them the big bucks they want. 

Even getting to talk with a 611 takes everyone a good 30 minutes the first time to figure out how to actually get connected to someone, and then once you do, they only accept calls during banking hours so if you don't call then, your screwed....  Bet ya that all the unlimited and more expensive plans have 24/7 support, but not pay as you go phones...

Don't you just embrass the love you feel as a paying customer when its like this?  But then again, we are not important enough people or high enought on their food chain to care one bit what they are doing, and I actually think they get off on purposely doing this.  I guess this is what happens after all the fun is out of kicking your dog for years, and now its just another kick to play with peoples times and lives...

Just shows you how a big corporation really cares about anyone but their own pocketbook...  Lets see, they made how many billions of dollars profit a year, and they can't and won't even add a screen for gophoners help with their normal unlimited customer support, or even forward our calls to India?  See how important us 99.95% of americans are?

I was trying to change telephone numbers on my gophone and of course, it took me about 1 hour to even find it on their website where to look and had to search all 100+ searchs to actually find anything that I needed.  Of course it just happened to be that the page I needed was unavailable that they said to use... 

Then I contacted the so called live help and that was another fieasco...  Of course, as the live help person kept saying - they had no live help for gophones and he gave a phone number to call.  Of course they could only provide 24/7 help for the unlimited phones, which is the meat and guts of their profits, compared to gophone users....  And wouldn't you know it, this department was closed because it was after hours and they only provide closed (aka bankers hours) for us lowlives using gophones...

So of course I tried doing more searching and another 30 or so minutes, I found a screen that said you log into your account and click on what turned out to be a non existant link to change your telephone number.   I spend another 30 minutes opening and looking at each and every link for this:

• Go to the Phone/Device page in myAT&T. You may be asked to log in if you have not done so already.
  • Select the Wireless Number Change link.
  • Enter one of the following: your ZIP Code, city/state, or the area code and 3-digit prefix of your wireless phone number in the appropriate fields, and select Next.
  • Click on the radio button (small circle) next to the new wireless number of your choice, then select Submit.
  • You will receive a confirmation page, as well as an email and text message (SMS) confirming your transaction.
  • From the bottom of the confirmation page, select Logout. (Note: You must log back in using the new wireless number and your existing password for the number change to take effect).

So anything simple and easy, ATT makes anyone waste 2+ hours of their day only to come to dead ends over and over.   Needless to say, this initial link in step 2 is non existant and I tried 3 or 4 different logs in/out, with not a single link.  So us gophone losers aren't worth anything to them.

This ATT support for gophones are so confusing, I think they do this on purpose so we spend hours of our time, only to find out that they purposely mislead everyone...  Bet ya they do this because we are not paying for their billion $$ houses as fast as unlimited accounts...  Right?  Imagine all the money they are making with all the newests phones every month and unlimited $100+ a month 2 year plans, and here are us gophone users only giving them pennies...  So it is clear to anyone we are worthless, bottom of the barrell losers that they don't care, and pay us back for it by not making pages actually available, misleading on our searches, burying what we are looking for so deep, and then place false and misleading steps that are not actually on available or placed on the pages, that we quit with gophones and start paying them the big bucks they want. 

Even getting to talk with a 611 takes everyone a good 30 minutes the first time to figure out how to actually get connected to someone, and then once you do, they only accept calls during banking hours so if you don't call then, your screwed....  Bet ya that all the unlimited and more expensive plans have 24/7 support, but not pay as you go phones...

Don't you just embrass the love you feel as a paying customer when its like this?  But then again, we are not important enough people or high enought on their food chain to care one bit what they are doing, and I actually think they get off on purposely doing this.  I guess this is what happens after all the fun is out of kicking your dog for years, and now its just another kick to play with peoples times and lives...

Just shows you how a big corporation really cares about anyone but their own pocketbook...  Lets see, they made how many billions of dollars profit a year, and they can't and won't even add a screen for gophoners help with their normal unlimited customer support, or even forward our calls to India?  See how important us 99.95% of americans are?

Phone Number Change - ATT Purposely Misleads & Give False Directions

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2012 12:45:02 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

I'm sorry you had such a difficult time with this. 

We value all of our customers, regardless of the service they choose to use. 

Unfortunately, prepaid accounts holders are not able to change their wireless phone number online which is why you aren't seeing the link the instructions reference. The article you found (https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=52785#fbid=JksbCLIT7p8) does not include this information and it definitely should. I will work with our e-support folks to get this changed. 

If you'd like, I can have someone call you directly to help you with changing your number. If you'll please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you; I will get that set up. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

I'm sorry you had such a difficult time with this. 

We value all of our customers, regardless of the service they choose to use. 

Unfortunately, prepaid accounts holders are not able to change their wireless phone number online which is why you aren't seeing the link the instructions reference. The article you found (https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=52785#fbid=JksbCLIT7p8) does not include this information and it definitely should. I will work with our e-support folks to get this changed. 

If you'd like, I can have someone call you directly to help you with changing your number. If you'll please send me a private message with your name, account number, phone number and the best time to contact you; I will get that set up. 

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Phone Number Change - ATT Purposely Misleads & Give False Directions

2 of 2 (2,838 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments