Phone Decisions!

Tutor

Phone Decisions!

Which is the better phone - HTC Aria or the Samsung Captivate? I'm 15. I want good messaging, good social networking, great speed, live wallpapers, and a great reception.

Message 1 of 6 (2,484 Views)
Teacher

Re: Phone Decisions!

I love my captivate, Super fast!  The swype keyboard is great for texting and social network updates Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 6 (2,480 Views)
Guru

No live wallpapers on the Aria. The social networking is probably better on Aria. Everything else, is about the same. But the screen size on the Captivate smokes the aria, resolution also.
Message 3 of 6 (2,462 Views)
Guru

Battery life on the Aria is better...much better.
Message 4 of 6 (2,461 Views)
Teacher

I owned the Aria for two weeks and currently have the Captivate.  I must say that I loved the Aria and certainly would have kept it if I didn't have a difficult time using the keyboard.  Aria battery life was ok, certainly not better than the Captivate but still good.  I liked the Sense interface much better than Samsung's interface.  It was just more user friendly and better thought out.  HTC also provides syncing software that actually works vs. Captivate that, can be found by doing a little searching, has their Kies software that only works for some.  The other thing that I loved about the Aria was the size and the back cover.  It was easy to grip and handle and dropped right into a pocket with ease.  The captivate can feel heavy and large in the pocket, depending on clothes.  The phone interface was definitely better on the Aria.  On the Captivate, when you are finished with a call, and want to make another call, there is no easy way to go back to dialer screen.  It will go back to home screen and you have to select phone again.  FM radio was great on the Aria, not available on the Captivate.  Social networking was great on the Aria, much better than Captivate.  Another big plus for the Aria and minus for the Captivate is the optical "trackball", without it, on the Captivate there is no way to scroll through text.  Aria has voice dialing,not so on the Captivate.  The top three things that I love about the Captivate are the display, display, and display.  Big and beautiful display.  I know that the 1GHZ processor is fast but in reality, both phones seemed to move at around the same speed.  Honestly, the Captivate has a lag when going from an app, for example, to the home screen.  If you like gaming and multi-media, I suppose the Captivate is the phone for you, but if you use the phone more for business use, and want something very portable, the Aria is the way to go..........providing you have small hands, that is.

Message 5 of 6 (2,425 Views)
Master

Both are amazing devices, but I personally like the Samsung Captivate better, in terms of style, performance, and screen size. Smiley Wink

Considering it is a powerful phone, it probably uses up a lot of battery, though... 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 6 of 6 (2,380 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.