Ask a question

Posted Jan 17, 2012
11:23:48 AM
View profile
Payment not processed

Today I discovered my airtime had expired over 3 weeks ago. (I use this phone for emergencies, travel, and some texts, i.e., seldom.) I had submitted a credit card payment the day before it expired. I navigated through AT&T's online pages, briefly tried the online support, which gave me no help in resolving the lost payment. I then looked for a telephone number to call. Finally found one that was not supposed to try to sell me something. Called and navigated through the ridiculous voice menu. Entered numbers where I could, rather than try to get it to understand my 'Midwestern accent.' One menu option even hung up on me after apologizing. Called again. Found an option (zero) for resolving credit card payments. It then tried to get me to make a payment. Started again, just pressed zero, then a voice option, and finally got a person (I think). She said I had the wrong department and would transfer me. WAITED! She came on again. Waited. Got another voice. She said I should have just called, "..." (a number that I couldn't begin to write down, started with 866-.) She said I hadn't made a payment since September. I said I had a printout showing that I had made a payment in December. She said I hadn't made a payment since September. I said I had a printout showing that I had made a payment in December. Do you see where this is going? I lost, I think, $60 in rolled-over airtime. I now will have to buy a new phone and pay for service with whatever other company I decide on. I suspect that AT&T just wanted me to change my service to something more profitable to them. They got all they're getting.

Payment not processed

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2012 2:09:09 PM
(0)
Former Community Manager

Sounds like there are some crossed wires here. 

Before you spend time/effort getting a new phone and service, lets see if we can get this straightened out. 

Will you please send me a private message with your name, phone number to contact you and the best time to call? I'd like to get you in touch with a member of our team to go over this with you.  

To send a private message, you can either click on the link in this message or click on the little blue envelope in the upper right hand corner, click "compose new message" and type my username in the "Send To" field.

--------------

As of May 1st, I am no longer serving as the Community Manager for AT&T. This account will no longer be able to accept private messages. If you have an account related issue, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Payment not processed

2 of 2 (242 Views)