Pay As You Go Online service is not available for your account

Tutor

Pay As You Go Online service is not available for your account

Two days ago I activated an ATT SIM card in the Pay as You Go, $2 Daily Unlimited Plan, for Zip 02116. I got the ten digit number  and a Passcode  which was said to be needed (at the very page of "successful activation" ) to access Online Account Management . Going there (att.com/mygophone) and at the login page I put my ten digit number (only numbers!) and the Passcode given (although at the login they say "PIN" and not "passcode", but both have four digits and the former page said I would need the "Passcode" to Log In !!) Well, that´s it ! I go no further as after I put my login numbers I get the message: "The Pay As You Go Online service is not available for your account. Please contact Customer Service."

How am I going to manage my account or Refill my card if I can´t Log In ????  I´ve tried at different times of the day, cleaned the cache,accepted pop-ups, disabled add-ons, used different browsers (safari and internet explorer) everything I saw the forum people recommending and couldn´t get in.

At the FAQ answers is said:

"When you log in for the first time, a temporary passcode will automatically be sent to your phone via text message (SMS). Once you receive this passcode, enter it on the page as directed."

How am I to log the FIRST time if the system doesn´t recognize my numbers ????

Can someone help me ???Ah! I´m not getting ATT signal here (I´m abroad till sunday, when will be back at USA!!) so no SMS at all !!! :-(

Message 1 of 18 (3,428 Views)
Professor

Re: Pay As You Go Online service is not available for your account

LH13:

Thank you very much for posting back. We hope AT&T will make it easier for people outside the US.

ilikewireless.

Message 16 of 18 (2,901 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello LH13!

You were fortunate to find help for your prepaid troubles at the AT&T retail store, just before the onslaught of the new iPhone unveilment.  It will be madness on/after Tuesday, October 4th. And my guess is that prepaid will not get a whiff of support for awhile.

Thanks for the "closure" post of your unfortunate activation experience.  Ilikewireless and I bid you a great stay in the US.

Message 17 of 18 (2,897 Views)
Highlighted
Master

I'm happy as well to hear that you made it and that the store personnel were able to get you fixed up (with a little begging, which seems to be required when dealing with store personnel re: prepaid service). Smiley Happy

FWIW - the only thing I've found that works when faced with the issue of the IVR not recognizing the phone number is to call the 1-800 number from another phone (1-800-331-0500) and absolutely refuse to enter a phone number.  Select "I'm calling about another phone number" at the first prompt, then refuse to give another number and state "customer service" at every prompt thereafter instead.  After a few you will be connected with a live representative.

=^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 18 of 18 (2,888 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.