Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 15, 2008
9:41:53 AM
View profile
Password change problem
I use Xpress Mail Professional to forward e-mails (using POP3 rather than IMAP) from my office to my Treo 750.  When I first installed XM Pro on my computer at work, I entered my password and then clicked on the box for "remember my password."  Later, for security reasons, I changed the password, and once again clicked the box for "remember my password."  However, instead of the new password, XM Pro still remembered the original password, which, of course, no longer works.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled XM Pro, but it still remembers the original password.  As a result, I have to enter the password every time I restart the computer. 

Does anyone know how to clear the original password so that XM Pro will "remember" the current password? 
I use Xpress Mail Professional to forward e-mails (using POP3 rather than IMAP) from my office to my Treo 750.  When I first installed XM Pro on my computer at work, I entered my password and then clicked on the box for "remember my password."  Later, for security reasons, I changed the password, and once again clicked the box for "remember my password."  However, instead of the new password, XM Pro still remembered the original password, which, of course, no longer works.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled XM Pro, but it still remembers the original password.  As a result, I have to enter the password every time I restart the computer. 

Does anyone know how to clear the original password so that XM Pro will "remember" the current password? 

Password change problem

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 16, 2008 8:49:46 AM
(0)
Scholar
Which password are you reffering to? Is it the email account password or the Xpressmail account password?
Which password are you reffering to? Is it the email account password or the Xpressmail account password?

Re: Password change problem

2 of 8 (6,596 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2008 11:11:13 AM
(0)
Tutor
The Xpress mail password.  The e-mail password has not changed. 
The Xpress mail password.  The e-mail password has not changed. 

3 of 8 (6,577 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2008 12:56:10 PM
(0)
Scholar
I would un-install the desktop connector software. Then log into the inbox via webview to verify your password and user name is correct ( https://xpressmailpe.cingular.com ) then re-install the desktop connector with the correct settings entered, then check the box to remember your password.

That should fix the issue.
I would un-install the desktop connector software. Then log into the inbox via webview to verify your password and user name is correct ( https://xpressmailpe.cingular.com ) then re-install the desktop connector with the correct settings entered, then check the box to remember your password.

That should fix the issue.

4 of 8 (6,573 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2008 10:31:49 AM
(0)
Tutor
I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop software.  That didn't solve the problem.  Do you know if the software adds the password to the registry and then fails to remove it when the software is uninstalled?
I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop software.  That didn't solve the problem.  Do you know if the software adds the password to the registry and then fails to remove it when the software is uninstalled?

5 of 8 (6,531 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2008 12:13:53 PM
(0)
Scholar
what happens when you log in here:

https://xpressmailpe.cingular.com

what happens when you log in here:

https://xpressmailpe.cingular.com

6 of 8 (6,525 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 23, 2008 11:20:01 AM
(0)
Tutor
As long as I have separately entered my current Xpress Mail password (rather than the old, "remembered" passord) when I started up my computer, and I use that same password when I go to the Xpress Mail website , my office e-mail shows up. 

I haven't been having a problem with the connection between Xpress Mail and my computer.  The problem is simply that the Xpress Mail Professional software refuses to "remember" any password other than the one I originally used when I first signed up for the service. 
As long as I have separately entered my current Xpress Mail password (rather than the old, "remembered" passord) when I started up my computer, and I use that same password when I go to the Xpress Mail website , my office e-mail shows up. 

I haven't been having a problem with the connection between Xpress Mail and my computer.  The problem is simply that the Xpress Mail Professional software refuses to "remember" any password other than the one I originally used when I first signed up for the service. 

7 of 8 (6,498 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 24, 2008 8:34:48 AM
(0)
Scholar
Ah, ok. I'm going to see if I can reproduce this. I will post an update with what I find.
Ah, ok. I'm going to see if I can reproduce this. I will post an update with what I find.

8 of 8 (6,473 Views)