Password change problem

Tutor

Password change problem

I use Xpress Mail Professional to forward e-mails (using POP3 rather than IMAP) from my office to my Treo 750.  When I first installed XM Pro on my computer at work, I entered my password and then clicked on the box for "remember my password."  Later, for security reasons, I changed the password, and once again clicked the box for "remember my password."  However, instead of the new password, XM Pro still remembered the original password, which, of course, no longer works.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled XM Pro, but it still remembers the original password.  As a result, I have to enter the password every time I restart the computer. 

Does anyone know how to clear the original password so that XM Pro will "remember" the current password? 
Message 1 of 8
Scholar

Re: Password change problem

Which password are you reffering to? Is it the email account password or the Xpressmail account password?
Message 2 of 8
Tutor

The Xpress mail password.  The e-mail password has not changed. 
Message 3 of 8
Scholar

I would un-install the desktop connector software. Then log into the inbox via webview to verify your password and user name is correct ( https://xpressmailpe.cingular.com ) then re-install the desktop connector with the correct settings entered, then check the box to remember your password.

That should fix the issue.
Message 4 of 8
Tutor

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop software.  That didn't solve the problem.  Do you know if the software adds the password to the registry and then fails to remove it when the software is uninstalled?
Message 5 of 8
Scholar

what happens when you log in here:

https://xpressmailpe.cingular.com

Message 6 of 8
Tutor

As long as I have separately entered my current Xpress Mail password (rather than the old, "remembered" passord) when I started up my computer, and I use that same password when I go to the Xpress Mail website , my office e-mail shows up. 

I haven't been having a problem with the connection between Xpress Mail and my computer.  The problem is simply that the Xpress Mail Professional software refuses to "remember" any password other than the one I originally used when I first signed up for the service. 
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Scholar

Ah, ok. I'm going to see if I can reproduce this. I will post an update with what I find.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support