Password Protected Email

Mentor

Password Protected Email

How do I password protect my email accounts on my Iphone 4S? The way it is set up right now is that I tap an email icon and it goes directly to my inbox which contains three different email addresses. The password was entered once for each account when I first set it up so it never asks me to enter it anymore. Is there a way to add a password to get into my email?

Message 1 of 4 (691 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Password Protected Email

Your email accounts are password protected. The password you entered when you set up the accounts in the email client was saved so that you dont have to re-enter it each time. I do not believe the email client has an option for not saving the password to your various accounts. If you want to be forced to enter a password each time you access email, I think your only option is to not use the email client and access your email via your service provider's web client.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (682 Views)
Scholar

Set a password for the device in Settings > General > Passcode Lock.  Set Require Passcode for x minutes.

Then set autolock so that if you are not using the device for x minutes, it locks the screen.

Message 3 of 4 (675 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Not to mention that without the phone saving the password, that it can't "fetch" new messages every so often, so i would only be able to check for them one they opened the app and manualy entered the password...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (666 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.