Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Apr 10, 2008
9:12:49 AM
View profile
Password Incorrect Error
Hi all,
I started getting a password incorrect error when I was trying to connect to xpressmail (via the xpress mail program on the desktop).  I know my password is correct (I can log into the xpressmail website with it), I even tried changing it and still no luck.  I feel like there is something else going on with an incorrect error message.

Anyone having this problem (or have seen it before)?

Thanks
John
Hi all,
I started getting a password incorrect error when I was trying to connect to xpressmail (via the xpress mail program on the desktop).  I know my password is correct (I can log into the xpressmail website with it), I even tried changing it and still no luck.  I feel like there is something else going on with an incorrect error message.

Anyone having this problem (or have seen it before)?

Thanks
John

Password Incorrect Error

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2008 9:32:00 AM
(0)
Scholar
Often ISP credential certificates will expire causing this error to happen. If for some reason its not going away when re-entering your password, remove and re-add your email account. This should resolve the problem.
Often ISP credential certificates will expire causing this error to happen. If for some reason its not going away when re-entering your password, remove and re-add your email account. This should resolve the problem.

Re: Password Incorrect Error

2 of 4 (2,752 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2008 7:44:21 AM
(0)
Mentor
Hi dbroad, thanks for your assistance with this issue.  It seems to have reared its head on my account tis morning.  But regarding your advice to "remove and re-add your email account" ... how does one DO this?  I logged into the website, and searched for a way to remove the email account.  I also looked through the various things I can do with the desktop client.  I can't find anything that seems to do this.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot,
-pvs
Hi dbroad, thanks for your assistance with this issue.  It seems to have reared its head on my account tis morning.  But regarding your advice to "remove and re-add your email account" ... how does one DO this?  I logged into the website, and searched for a way to remove the email account.  I also looked through the various things I can do with the desktop client.  I can't find anything that seems to do this.

Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks a lot,
-pvs

3 of 4 (2,714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 11, 2008 9:01:09 AM
(0)
Scholar
If you are using the desktop connector you shouldnt be affected by the password expired issue.
If you are using the desktop connector you shouldnt be affected by the password expired issue.

4 of 4 (2,705 Views)