Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Aug 14, 2011
8:33:42 PM
View profile
Passcode Problems

My younger brother set a lock on his phone (I think) and now he's locked out. He said he was trying to set a password. What happens now is that after you click on the "Touch & hold to unlock" button, you're shown a screen that says "Phone lock" at the top and shows a keypad with an SOS button at the bottom. His phone is a Samsung Flight II. How can I reset his password so that he can access his phone?

My younger brother set a lock on his phone (I think) and now he's locked out. He said he was trying to set a password. What happens now is that after you click on the "Touch & hold to unlock" button, you're shown a screen that says "Phone lock" at the top and shows a keypad with an SOS button at the bottom. His phone is a Samsung Flight II. How can I reset his password so that he can access his phone?

Passcode Problems

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 14, 2011 9:12:18 PM
(0)
Master
Does the screen say anything such as "Enter PUK code"? It sounds to me like the phone is locked by a PUK code, which can lock the SIM when messing around with the phone's security settings such as when trying to set a password/passcode.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Does the screen say anything such as "Enter PUK code"? It sounds to me like the phone is locked by a PUK code, which can lock the SIM when messing around with the phone's security settings such as when trying to set a password/passcode.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

Re: Passcode Problems

2 of 4 (764 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 3:26:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

It does not say anything about PUK, but sometimes I'll get a message saying "SIM unavailable. Contact your service provider." From there I cannot get back to the original lock screen. It gives me two options; SOS or Call. I have to turn the phone off and then back on to get back to lock screen.

It does not say anything about PUK, but sometimes I'll get a message saying "SIM unavailable. Contact your service provider." From there I cannot get back to the original lock screen. It gives me two options; SOS or Call. I have to turn the phone off and then back on to get back to lock screen.

3 of 4 (741 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 15, 2011 5:24:58 PM
(0)
Master
At this point I would call customer service and ask them if they know anything about what's happening and what to do about it. If the phone will let you, you can dial 611 to be connected to CS. Otherwise, you can use the landline number, which is 1-800-331-0500.

Good luck.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

At this point I would call customer service and ask them if they know anything about what's happening and what to do about it. If the phone will let you, you can dial 611 to be connected to CS. Otherwise, you can use the landline number, which is 1-800-331-0500.

Good luck.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

4 of 4 (735 Views)