Parental Controls for smart Phones

Parental Controls for smart Phones

do smart phones have a parental control option to keep your children from going to certain sites or downloading certain things.

Message 1 of 6 (3,031 Views)
Employee

Re: Parental Controls for smart Phones

Hey there, bsmooth1973. AT&T offers a free feature called Parental Controls Content Filter. It works on featured phones only and controls usage over the wap.cingular APN (MediaNet and att.net). There are also some limited parental controls options available in the marketplace for some smart phones. Can you share with me what type of device you have? I might be able to point you in the right direction. Thanks!

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 6 (2,821 Views)
Highlighted
Mentor

Don't bother with Smart Limits.... It's worthless.

Message 3 of 6 (2,806 Views)
Teacher

Where is this free Parental Controls Content Filter found? Smart Limits has a monthly fee.

Message 4 of 6 (2,732 Views)
Mentor

Smart Limits is not worth paying $4.99.  Your child can still go over data usage and receive incoming call 24/7.  Imagine the network whose motto is "Rethink Possible" can't produce a feature like T-Mobile and Verizon. 

Message 5 of 6 (2,716 Views)
Employee

Are you looking to filter content on a "basic phone" or a smartphone? If it's for a "basic" phone, you can set up Wireless Parental Controls to turn on your content filter through Media Net or the att.net web browser. If you need help, you can also call 866-MOBILITY and ask them to turn this setting on.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (2,688 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.