Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Mar 31, 2011
12:29:56 PM
View profile
Parental Controls for smart Phones

do smart phones have a parental control option to keep your children from going to certain sites or downloading certain things.

do smart phones have a parental control option to keep your children from going to certain sites or downloading certain things.

Parental Controls for smart Phones

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 7, 2011 2:49:00 PM
(0)
Employee

Hey there, bsmooth1973. AT&T offers a free feature called Parental Controls Content Filter. It works on featured phones only and controls usage over the wap.cingular APN (MediaNet and att.net). There are also some limited parental controls options available in the marketplace for some smart phones. Can you share with me what type of device you have? I might be able to point you in the right direction. Thanks!

Hey there, bsmooth1973. AT&T offers a free feature called Parental Controls Content Filter. It works on featured phones only and controls usage over the wap.cingular APN (MediaNet and att.net). There are also some limited parental controls options available in the marketplace for some smart phones. Can you share with me what type of device you have? I might be able to point you in the right direction. Thanks!

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Parental Controls for smart Phones

2 of 6 (2,732 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 8, 2011 5:58:48 AM
(0)
Mentor

Don't bother with Smart Limits.... It's worthless.

Don't bother with Smart Limits.... It's worthless.

3 of 6 (2,717 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 18, 2011 8:00:45 AM
(0)
Teacher

Where is this free Parental Controls Content Filter found? Smart Limits has a monthly fee.

Where is this free Parental Controls Content Filter found? Smart Limits has a monthly fee.

4 of 6 (2,643 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2011 6:22:28 AM
(0)
Mentor

Smart Limits is not worth paying $4.99.  Your child can still go over data usage and receive incoming call 24/7.  Imagine the network whose motto is "Rethink Possible" can't produce a feature like T-Mobile and Verizon. 

Smart Limits is not worth paying $4.99.  Your child can still go over data usage and receive incoming call 24/7.  Imagine the network whose motto is "Rethink Possible" can't produce a feature like T-Mobile and Verizon. 

5 of 6 (2,627 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2011 1:59:34 PM
(0)
Employee

Are you looking to filter content on a "basic phone" or a smartphone? If it's for a "basic" phone, you can set up Wireless Parental Controls to turn on your content filter through Media Net or the att.net web browser. If you need help, you can also call 866-MOBILITY and ask them to turn this setting on.

Are you looking to filter content on a "basic phone" or a smartphone? If it's for a "basic" phone, you can set up Wireless Parental Controls to turn on your content filter through Media Net or the att.net web browser. If you need help, you can also call 866-MOBILITY and ask them to turn this setting on.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (2,599 Views)