Pantech Link - freezing problem

Contributor

Pantech Link - freezing problem

I recently purchased a Pantech Link, at the same time that my sister did.  We both were excited about the "Auto Delete Old Message" setting as this was something that did not work very well on our last phone, the Samsung Propel.  Once our text message inboxes were full, the phone began working extremely slowly and eventually froze altogether.  This could be temporarily fixed by restarting the phone.  Since the phone is fairly new, those at AT&T had not encountered this problem and replaced my sister's phone (who had the problem first).  As soon as the inbox was full again, we had the same problem.  We both turned off the "Auto Delete Old Message" option and now our phones have worked perfectly ever since.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Message 1 of 7 (5,676 Views)

Re: Pantech Link - freezing problem

[ Edited ]

It frustrates the heck out of me.  I'm taking the phone back.

I took it to the AT&T store and the very nice sales person said I needed a bigger memory card but I told her that wouldn't make any sense.  Heck, my cricket phone never did this.

I asked her if she had any similar problems like this, with this phone. She said no.

I'm taking it in...it's extremely frustrating and sad.

Message 2 of 7 (5,601 Views)
Contributor

I was with Alltel until transfered over to at&t today... The same problem happened to me.

Message 3 of 7 (4,580 Views)
G6x
Mentor

I have had my link for a couple of months now and havent experienced any freezing or slowness even when pushing apps in the background like the web browser, social net, and texting while those apps are in the background. I have never used the auto delete old messages feature, as I was afraid it might delete the entire thread instead of each indivisual message. The text sure do fill up on this phone fast I do know that though. The last time they filled up I think it was allowing text to go over onto the SD card, I am not sure though because I went and delteted out all the old text manually as I hate to leave them filled up.

Message 4 of 7 (4,273 Views)
Contributor

sooo annoying, I'm so glad other people have this problem, now I know not to just replace the phone with the same version. This phone sucks. I was so excited about that function and they failed. uhg

Message 5 of 7 (3,174 Views)
Contributor

Same problem.
Message 6 of 7 (3,072 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

My phone just started doing the freezing thing today. If and when I can get my menu screen up it goes all FREAKY in me is scrolling up and sown on its own. I HATE THIS PHONE.. My key board lighting doesn't work and the keys are sticking none of the upper buttons work... I have had this phone for under a year it is RIDICULOUS Smiley Mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Robot MadMan IndifferentCat Mad

Message 7 of 7 (2,118 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.