Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 21, 2011
5:28:45 PM
View profile
Pantech Laser Charging Issue

I literally just bought this phone less than 4 hours ago and I can't get it to charge.  When the phone is on and I plug it in I get a check battery message.  I went back to the store, they replaced the battery and when I got home I get the SAME problem.  I am the manager of a store and I can't afford to have my phone not work right ESPECIALLY when I am not at the store and my employees need to get in touch with me.  Is there something else I can try to fix this?

I literally just bought this phone less than 4 hours ago and I can't get it to charge.  When the phone is on and I plug it in I get a check battery message.  I went back to the store, they replaced the battery and when I got home I get the SAME problem.  I am the manager of a store and I can't afford to have my phone not work right ESPECIALLY when I am not at the store and my employees need to get in touch with me.  Is there something else I can try to fix this?

Pantech Laser Charging Issue

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 21, 2011 6:06:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

You stated that you tried charging your new Laser when it was turned ON. Try turning the phone OFF and then plug in the charger. See if that works. If it does not want to seem to charge, I would take it back in for a replacement device; a different choice. Surely you would want something you can rely on.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

You stated that you tried charging your new Laser when it was turned ON. Try turning the phone OFF and then plug in the charger. See if that works. If it does not want to seem to charge, I would take it back in for a replacement device; a different choice. Surely you would want something you can rely on.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Pantech Laser Charging Issue

2 of 5 (5,083 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2011 4:15:08 AM
(0)
Contributor

I shouldn't have to turn the phone off to charge it is my point.   I have had SEVERAL cell phones and never had this issue.  I am a store manager so I can't afford to have my phone turned off for the 2 hours or more it takes to charge it.  I am taking it back to AT&T today to see if they can do something about it

I shouldn't have to turn the phone off to charge it is my point.   I have had SEVERAL cell phones and never had this issue.  I am a store manager so I can't afford to have my phone turned off for the 2 hours or more it takes to charge it.  I am taking it back to AT&T today to see if they can do something about it

3 of 5 (5,025 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 24, 2011 1:49:56 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Alright, that's a good start. They'll most likely offer you a replacement Laser, which should be no extra charge. Good luck.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Alright, that's a good start. They'll most likely offer you a replacement Laser, which should be no extra charge. Good luck.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (5,003 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 1, 2012 12:04:08 PM
(0)
Tutor

I have had the same issues with my phone and its been almost a year since i got it though. It wont charge at all and i have tried several different chargers. Any advice since you work there and have had the same problems?

I have had the same issues with my phone and its been almost a year since i got it though. It wont charge at all and i have tried several different chargers. Any advice since you work there and have had the same problems?

5 of 5 (1,388 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments