Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

Wireless Forum

Posted Jan 6, 2010
12:29:45 PM
View profile
Pantech Impact PC Suite?

Just picked up an Impact last night to replace my Moto Razr. Moto had a Phonetools software suite which allowed you to back up contacts, add photos to the phone as wallpapers, etc. Nice piece of software. It came it handy. In the Impact owner's manual there is mention of a PC software suite available for download from their website that will serve the same purpose. Problem is there is no link on their very mediocre website to download this supposed software. A Google search linked me to the Curitel website that has downloads available for what appears to be European phone models. Anybody know of this software suite and if it is available in the States?

This phone does not have a USB port. The charging port is not a USB port. I see that in ATT accessories there is a USB data cable available for the Impact that has the proper connection to both the phone and the PC. Figures. Another 20 bucks out the door. 

Phone is pretty cool for what I need it for. Nice in blue.

Just picked up an Impact last night to replace my Moto Razr. Moto had a Phonetools software suite which allowed you to back up contacts, add photos to the phone as wallpapers, etc. Nice piece of software. It came it handy. In the Impact owner's manual there is mention of a PC software suite available for download from their website that will serve the same purpose. Problem is there is no link on their very mediocre website to download this supposed software. A Google search linked me to the Curitel website that has downloads available for what appears to be European phone models. Anybody know of this software suite and if it is available in the States?

This phone does not have a USB port. The charging port is not a USB port. I see that in ATT accessories there is a USB data cable available for the Impact that has the proper connection to both the phone and the PC. Figures. Another 20 bucks out the door. 

Phone is pretty cool for what I need it for. Nice in blue.

Pantech Impact PC Suite?

34 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(34)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2010 3:09:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

how'd you get it to work with the USB cable (and what operating system are you using)

how'd you get it to work with the USB cable (and what operating system are you using)

Re: Pantech Impact PC Suite?

31 of 35 (3,248 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2010 7:34:04 PM
(0)
Tutor

If you are running Win 7 you are out of luck unless there has been a software update. No Win 7 support. I'm running an XP machine and the suite works with the USB data cable. I couldn't even install the program on my Win 7 machine.  I wouldn't get too upset about not be able to use it, it's a mediocre program at best. It does let you install custom ringtones and wallpapers to the phone which is cool, but don't try to edit your phone contacts more than once because it will crash due to a windows runtime error. At least for me. LOL

If you are running Win 7 you are out of luck unless there has been a software update. No Win 7 support. I'm running an XP machine and the suite works with the USB data cable. I couldn't even install the program on my Win 7 machine.  I wouldn't get too upset about not be able to use it, it's a mediocre program at best. It does let you install custom ringtones and wallpapers to the phone which is cool, but don't try to edit your phone contacts more than once because it will crash due to a windows runtime error. At least for me. LOL

32 of 35 (3,229 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 23, 2010 9:30:19 PM
(0)
Contributor

Just a FYI for all of you windows 7 users who have had problems.

I just installed Windows Virtual PC and Virtual XP on my windows 7 pro install.

It literally creates a virtual machine that's running XP!

Then I installed PC Suite onto the virtual XP desktop.

After you do that, you can run it on your windows 7 desktop no problem.  Even though windows 7 says the USB driver failed, the XP virtual machine install was successful.

Go here to download virtual PC / XP from Microsoft.  No charge.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

Takes a little time, but worth it.

Cheers!

Just a FYI for all of you windows 7 users who have had problems.

I just installed Windows Virtual PC and Virtual XP on my windows 7 pro install.

It literally creates a virtual machine that's running XP!

Then I installed PC Suite onto the virtual XP desktop.

After you do that, you can run it on your windows 7 desktop no problem.  Even though windows 7 says the USB driver failed, the XP virtual machine install was successful.

Go here to download virtual PC / XP from Microsoft.  No charge.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/

Takes a little time, but worth it.

Cheers!

33 of 35 (2,814 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2010 11:42:20 AM
(0)
Contributor

Are you running 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7?

Are you running 32 bit or 64 bit Windows 7?

34 of 35 (2,373 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
May 8, 2011 9:56:14 PM
(0)
Tutor

I got a usb on ebay for $3.75 w/free shipping now I am looking for the pc suite for my laptop... fyi Smiley Happy

I got a usb on ebay for $3.75 w/free shipping now I am looking for the pc suite for my laptop... fyi Smiley Happy

35 of 35 (1,188 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments