Ask a question

Posted Jul 31, 2010
4:21:19 PM
View profile
Pantech Impact Edge Session icon

Hi. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I keep getting a big E on my screen and when I look in my manual it says that it means that an Edge session is available. What is an Edge session?

Pantech Impact Edge Session icon

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 6:53:47 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by stclair49 on Aug 4, 2010 at 6:55:04 PM

That means you are in an area where only "EDGE" service is available and not the faster 3G service. Were you to connect to the internet, your download/upload speeds would not be very fast. Any sites that aren't graphic's intensive, would be quite usable, tho.

Re: Pantech Impact Edge Session icon

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (3,304 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2011 9:48:23 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the information. It just started showing up on my phone this past week and I thought it was showing I was connected to the internet. Oh what a relief off my mind, because I don't have a data plan.

3 of 4 (2,351 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2011 7:11:02 AM
(0)
Tutor
I have a data plan and this morning I had the same E on my screen for the first time and I was home. I noticed it because I was attempting to access my bill and the Pantech was having difficulties connecting to the internet. In my case since I was home when this occurred one does not necessarily need to be out of range for this to occur.

4 of 4 (2,134 Views)