Pantech Impact Edge Session icon

Contributor

Pantech Impact Edge Session icon

Hi. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I keep getting a big E on my screen and when I look in my manual it says that it means that an Edge session is available. What is an Edge session?

Message 1 of 4 (3,509 Views)

Re: Pantech Impact Edge Session icon

[ Edited ]

That means you are in an area where only "EDGE" service is available and not the faster 3G service. Were you to connect to the internet, your download/upload speeds would not be very fast. Any sites that aren't graphic's intensive, would be quite usable, tho.

Message 2 of 4 (3,445 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the information. It just started showing up on my phone this past week and I thought it was showing I was connected to the internet. Oh what a relief off my mind, because I don't have a data plan.

Message 3 of 4 (2,492 Views)
Tutor

I have a data plan and this morning I had the same E on my screen for the first time and I was home. I noticed it because I was attempting to access my bill and the Pantech was having difficulties connecting to the internet. In my case since I was home when this occurred one does not necessarily need to be out of range for this to occur.
Message 4 of 4 (2,275 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support