Wireless Forums

Posted Jul 31, 2010
4:21:19 PM
View profile
Pantech Impact Edge Session icon

Hi. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I keep getting a big E on my screen and when I look in my manual it says that it means that an Edge session is available. What is an Edge session?

Hi. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place, but I keep getting a big E on my screen and when I look in my manual it says that it means that an Edge session is available. What is an Edge session?

Pantech Impact Edge Session icon

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
Replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 4, 2010 6:53:47 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by stclair49 on Aug 4, 2010 at 6:55:04 PM

That means you are in an area where only "EDGE" service is available and not the faster 3G service. Were you to connect to the internet, your download/upload speeds would not be very fast. Any sites that aren't graphic's intensive, would be quite usable, tho.

That means you are in an area where only "EDGE" service is available and not the faster 3G service. Were you to connect to the internet, your download/upload speeds would not be very fast. Any sites that aren't graphic's intensive, would be quite usable, tho.

Re: Pantech Impact Edge Session icon

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (3,284 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 21, 2011 9:48:23 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for the information. It just started showing up on my phone this past week and I thought it was showing I was connected to the internet. Oh what a relief off my mind, because I don't have a data plan.

Thanks for the information. It just started showing up on my phone this past week and I thought it was showing I was connected to the internet. Oh what a relief off my mind, because I don't have a data plan.

3 of 4 (2,331 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 9, 2011 7:11:02 AM
(0)
Tutor
I have a data plan and this morning I had the same E on my screen for the first time and I was home. I noticed it because I was attempting to access my bill and the Pantech was having difficulties connecting to the internet. In my case since I was home when this occurred one does not necessarily need to be out of range for this to occur.
I have a data plan and this morning I had the same E on my screen for the first time and I was home. I noticed it because I was attempting to access my bill and the Pantech was having difficulties connecting to the internet. In my case since I was home when this occurred one does not necessarily need to be out of range for this to occur.

4 of 4 (2,114 Views)