Pantech Impact - Can only use Exterior Buttons. Unable to access Menu to Reset Phone

Contributor

Pantech Impact - Can only use Exterior Buttons. Unable to access Menu to Reset Phone

Just bought this new phone for my wife.

I installed Pantech PC Suite (P7000) on my PC.

The program would not allow communication with her Impact.

Finally found a cable I could use Windows XP to copy over data from computer to phone's SD card.

Moved a few photos to a microSD card added to phone, & tried to add more ringtones from my SD card. Phone would play ringtones, but would not allow me to set ringtones from the SD card even after transfering them to phone memory.

Moved pictures on phone to my PC. was going to reinstall them.

Then the phone froze.

All the buttons on the mini-keyboard inside (except for the red phone/hangup button) froze.

The hone pad on the outsidestill works, and access to the exterior screen.

I took out the battery & then put it back in.

I cannot reset the phone, because in order to go to MENU>SETTINGS>RESET> I have to be able to use the inside keyboard buttons. But that's not possible.

I looked at other
Pantech phones like the Ease, and RESET is available only from the insie menu and buttons.

Seems like a poor design with no manual reset buttons unless there is another way to do it.

I am about to return the phone for a refund if there is no other way.

David

Message 1 of 1
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.

Additional Support