Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Highlighted
Posted Sep 13, 2010
5:17:47 PM
Pantech Ease echo PROBLEM!

Is anyone else out there having a problem with their Pantech Ease and an echo?  No matter who I call or take a call from they hear themselves echo through our entire conversation.  I have tried turning the volume down or using speakerphone but the problem still exists.  Just wondering if this is an isolated event or a common problem among Pantech Ease users.

Thanks,

JM

Is anyone else out there having a problem with their Pantech Ease and an echo?  No matter who I call or take a call from they hear themselves echo through our entire conversation.  I have tried turning the volume down or using speakerphone but the problem still exists.  Just wondering if this is an isolated event or a common problem among Pantech Ease users.

Thanks,

JM

Pantech Ease echo PROBLEM!

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 14, 2010 6:25:50 AM
(0)
Mentor

I think you have your volume too high.  I had the same problem because I have a hard time hearing, but when I turned it up too much it started to make the caller hear an echo.  Try turning down your volume.  I think that will help.

I think you have your volume too high.  I had the same problem because I have a hard time hearing, but when I turned it up too much it started to make the caller hear an echo.  Try turning down your volume.  I think that will help.

Re: Pantech Ease echo PROBLEM!

2 of 10 (7,769 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 23, 2010 5:58:52 PM
(0)
Contributor

I had the same problem and I lowered my volume and it helped.  You have to make sure you are on a phone call when you lower the volume on the phone, otherwise you only lower the volume of the ringtone.

Gib

I had the same problem and I lowered my volume and it helped.  You have to make sure you are on a phone call when you lower the volume on the phone, otherwise you only lower the volume of the ringtone.

Gib

3 of 10 (7,570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 6, 2010 3:06:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

My husband and I both had major problems with echoes when we bought Pantech Ease cell phones.  I turned off "noise reduction" on my cell and had no more problems with echoes on my end.  My husband turned off "noise reduction" on his cell a few days later, which completely eliminated echoes on his end.  We both have the volume set as high as it will go, and we have no problems with echoes.  The sound is great as long as we don't use speakerphone, which on my end doesn't work.

My husband and I both had major problems with echoes when we bought Pantech Ease cell phones.  I turned off "noise reduction" on my cell and had no more problems with echoes on my end.  My husband turned off "noise reduction" on his cell a few days later, which completely eliminated echoes on his end.  We both have the volume set as high as it will go, and we have no problems with echoes.  The sound is great as long as we don't use speakerphone, which on my end doesn't work.

4 of 10 (7,372 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2010 8:30:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thank You EmBe,Was ready to return mine however turning off the "noise supresion" really did the trick THANKS for the tip

Thank You EmBe,Was ready to return mine however turning off the "noise supresion" really did the trick THANKS for the tip

5 of 10 (7,251 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 12:44:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

I have had two replacement phones froM pantech and now the 3rd phone is also doing the same thing.  The problem is, the volume on these phones isn't loud enough.   If you have it half way up, you can't hear it ring (and I have excellent hearing - no one else hears it either).   So when you turn it all the way up, that apparently causes the echo.  I have spent 4 hours with AT&T on the phone discussing this issue. You would think they'd check their forum to see what's going on and advise consumers accordingly!

I have had two replacement phones froM pantech and now the 3rd phone is also doing the same thing.  The problem is, the volume on these phones isn't loud enough.   If you have it half way up, you can't hear it ring (and I have excellent hearing - no one else hears it either).   So when you turn it all the way up, that apparently causes the echo.  I have spent 4 hours with AT&T on the phone discussing this issue. You would think they'd check their forum to see what's going on and advise consumers accordingly!

6 of 10 (7,225 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 12, 2010 1:05:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

I guess they would rather give away replacements than advie users the"NOISE SUPRESSION" feature is pre programed ON and needs to be turned OFF manualy in 'sounds' in menu. With supresion OFF and volume up mine works fine.

I guess they would rather give away replacements than advie users the"NOISE SUPRESSION" feature is pre programed ON and needs to be turned OFF manualy in 'sounds' in menu. With supresion OFF and volume up mine works fine.

7 of 10 (7,216 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 18, 2010 1:39:12 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes, my wife and I have the same problem with our Ease phones.  Very annoying.  We've tried the Noise Cancellation both on and off and it doesn't make any difference.

Yes, my wife and I have the same problem with our Ease phones.  Very annoying.  We've tried the Noise Cancellation both on and off and it doesn't make any difference.

8 of 10 (7,058 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 2:59:07 PM
(0)
Scholar

This is rather odd, since some people say turning off Noise Suppression works and for some it doesn't, some say turning down the volume works and for others it doesn't, some say putting a piece of scotch tape over the 2nd mic by the flash works.

This is rather odd, since some people say turning off Noise Suppression works and for some it doesn't, some say turning down the volume works and for others it doesn't, some say putting a piece of scotch tape over the 2nd mic by the flash works.

9 of 10 (2,940 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 26, 2012 3:15:22 PM
(0)
Former Moderator

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed, as it is very old. If you still have questions, please start a new topic. 

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multipleposts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed, as it is very old. If you still have questions, please start a new topic. 

10 of 10 (2,935 Views)