Wireless Forums

Posted Feb 9, 2011
6:10:33 AM
View profile
Palm Pre 2 - Data?

I've recently acquired a Palm Pre 2, which is an unlocked GSM phone. My current phone from AT&T is just a simple feature phone. If I would take the SIM card out of my current phone, which is under contract right now (I believe), would AT&T add a data plan to my number "at my convenience"? I'm not willing to pay for data and I'm typically near WiFi access so data would mean no use to me.

Thanks for the help and the support! I know AT&T should be able to detect it's at least a Palm device from the IMEI number, but would they actually force data on me even though it's an unlocked phone?

I've recently acquired a Palm Pre 2, which is an unlocked GSM phone. My current phone from AT&T is just a simple feature phone. If I would take the SIM card out of my current phone, which is under contract right now (I believe), would AT&T add a data plan to my number "at my convenience"? I'm not willing to pay for data and I'm typically near WiFi access so data would mean no use to me.

Thanks for the help and the support! I know AT&T should be able to detect it's at least a Palm device from the IMEI number, but would they actually force data on me even though it's an unlocked phone?

Palm Pre 2 - Data?

0 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit