Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 2, 2011
2:46:11 AM
View profile
Paid $149 for my Galaxy S2!! :D

FYI, the Galaxy S2 is available online now, and it's -$50 and no tax for those who want to save a bit o'cash.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy S II Phone (AT&T): Cell Phones & Accessories 

Hope that helps!

FYI, the Galaxy S2 is available online now, and it's -$50 and no tax for those who want to save a bit o'cash.

Hope that helps!

Paid $149 for my Galaxy S2!! :D

14 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(14)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2011 4:52:58 AM
(0)
Mentor

Please let us know if the GPS bugs have been fixed. I'm still angry about the Galaxy S. Thanks and good luck.

Please let us know if the GPS bugs have been fixed. I'm still angry about the Galaxy S. Thanks and good luck.

Re: Paid $149 for my Galaxy S2!! :D

2 of 15 (1,366 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2011 6:17:17 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by pmt1209 on Oct 2, 2011 at 6:18:23 AM

cb808 wrote:

Hope that helps!

It would be nice to save $50 BUT I've waited long enough and want it NOW lol..   Actually I will have it in hand from my local AT&T Store in less then 2 hours..... Whooo hoooo 
Sold my Focus/wp7 phone days ago and have been using a old "basic" Cell and I'm suffering from a bad case of Smartphone withdrawal  Smiley Happy

cb808 wrote:

Hope that helps!

It would be nice to save $50 BUT I've waited long enough and want it NOW lol..   Actually I will have it in hand from my local AT&T Store in less then 2 hours..... Whooo hoooo 
Sold my Focus/wp7 phone days ago and have been using a old "basic" Cell and I'm suffering from a bad case of Smartphone withdrawal  Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
3 of 15 (1,330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2011 6:05:56 PM
(0)
Teacher

It's actually $134 when you take into account the $15 in free App and Music store credit you get when you buy:

Purchase any Android phone or tablet from AmazonWireless and receive $15 in promotional credits--$5 for Amazon Appstore for Android, $5 for Amazon MP3, and $5 for Kindle content. Credits will be applied to qualifying accounts automatically within 2 days of shipment and are valid through November 12, 2011. Limit one promotional credit per phone or tablet per customer. See terms and conditions.

It's actually $134 when you take into account the $15 in free App and Music store credit you get when you buy:

Purchase any Android phone or tablet from AmazonWireless and receive $15 in promotional credits--$5 for Amazon Appstore for Android, $5 for Amazon MP3, and $5 for Kindle content. Credits will be applied to qualifying accounts automatically within 2 days of shipment and are valid through November 12, 2011. Limit one promotional credit per phone or tablet per customer. See terms and conditions.

4 of 15 (1,189 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2011 7:11:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

Sadly, they want to add on another $15 per month fee to my purchase. So this phone would cost me around $500 over the course of a 2-year contract if I understand it correctly.

This is all probably because of the options I have selected. $149 for the phone itself plus the $15/month tacked on at the end and mandatory (I didn't want any extra stuff but I cannot order the phone without this option selected). I guess I won't get this phone the way others did. Smiley Sad

Sadly, they want to add on another $15 per month fee to my purchase. So this phone would cost me around $500 over the course of a 2-year contract if I understand it correctly.

This is all probably because of the options I have selected. $149 for the phone itself plus the $15/month tacked on at the end and mandatory (I didn't want any extra stuff but I cannot order the phone without this option selected). I guess I won't get this phone the way others did. Smiley Sad

5 of 15 (1,152 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 11:57:35 AM
(0)
Teacher

GPS works great

GPS works great

6 of 15 (1,057 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 3:00:06 PM
(0)
Contributor
actually, I think I misunderstood the $15/month. It is the data plan that would be applied to the phone. just ordered. expecting phone mid-next month due to backorder.
actually, I think I misunderstood the $15/month. It is the data plan that would be applied to the phone. just ordered. expecting phone mid-next month due to backorder.

7 of 15 (1,015 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 3:04:18 PM
(0)
Master

snowball0408 wrote:
That's right, the $15 data plan is an added monthly fee towards purchasing a smartphone such as the Galaxy S II.

Expecting mid-next month? Smiley Surprised

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

snowball0408 wrote:
That's right, the $15 data plan is an added monthly fee towards purchasing a smartphone such as the Galaxy S II.

:cathappy: Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 :cathappy:

Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010

8 of 15 (1,013 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 3, 2011 7:28:25 PM
(0)
Tutor
When you buy it at third party stores, how do you keep the current messaging/data plans? I'm on a family plan with "IMB UNLTD DOM - MSG" and since I had a Blackberry, I had the "Data
GPRS MB WAP/BBRY/ISP 2GB DOM $10.00/1GB ADDL - CMB3" plan. When I go to the website, however, it asks me to select a text messaging plan and data for hspa+/4g. Since my family plan already comes with unlimited texting and I pick the "unlimited one," does this mean that it's going to charge me $20 for something I already have?

Sorry, I don't know how to modify it. Went to the AT&T store today and with tax, it came out to $242.61 (without any additional monthly fees). I can cancel my order, but I really want to get it cheaper without losing what's in the family plan already. Help!
When you buy it at third party stores, how do you keep the current messaging/data plans? I'm on a family plan with "IMB UNLTD DOM - MSG" and since I had a Blackberry, I had the "Data
GPRS MB WAP/BBRY/ISP 2GB DOM $10.00/1GB ADDL - CMB3" plan. When I go to the website, however, it asks me to select a text messaging plan and data for hspa+/4g. Since my family plan already comes with unlimited texting and I pick the "unlimited one," does this mean that it's going to charge me $20 for something I already have?

Sorry, I don't know how to modify it. Went to the AT&T store today and with tax, it came out to $242.61 (without any additional monthly fees). I can cancel my order, but I really want to get it cheaper without losing what's in the family plan already. Help!

9 of 15 (964 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 12:33:07 PM
(0)
Scholar

Wild Banchi wrote:

snowball0408 wrote:

EXPECTING MID-NEXT MONTH?

Wild Banchi wrote:

snowball0408 wrote:

EXPECTING MID-NEXT MONTH?

10 of 15 (870 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 12:56:38 PM
(0)
Voyager

I bought two S2 phones at Best Buy on Sunday when they released. They price matched Wal Mart at $148.88. No problems.

I bought two S2 phones at Best Buy on Sunday when they released. They price matched Wal Mart at $148.88. No problems.

11 of 15 (993 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 2:43:43 PM
(0)
Scholar

kt2271 wrote:

Where's the Wal-Mart ad?

kt2271 wrote:

Where's the Wal-Mart ad?

12 of 15 (975 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 4, 2011 2:57:41 PM
(0)
Voyager

There wasn't an ad. I just went to my local Wal Mart store and they told me the price (they had the shelf tag on Saturday but no stock yet, and still no stock on Sunday morning). Best Buy just called the local Wal Mart for me for a price on Sunday morning and then completed the sale with me.

There wasn't an ad. I just went to my local Wal Mart store and they told me the price (they had the shelf tag on Saturday but no stock yet, and still no stock on Sunday morning). Best Buy just called the local Wal Mart for me for a price on Sunday morning and then completed the sale with me.

13 of 15 (968 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 5, 2011 3:19:53 PM
(0)
Scholar

kt2271 wrote:

I find that all a bit odd especially because of

1)Walmart is selling the GS2 for $164.99
http://www2-walmart.letstalk.com/product/product.htm?prId=39771

and

2) The Best Buy price match policy is that they have to call the local competitor and that location has to have it in stock with an advertised price. No stock = no price match.

From http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Topics/Bestbuy.com-Price-Match-Guarantee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pc...

"What if the competitor does not have the item in stock or has limited quantities of the product?

Sometimes a retailer will advertise a product as having limited quantities in stock. If the item is out of stock or the competitor has advertised as limited quantities of an item, it is not eligible for price matching. Likewise, if Best Buy has a product that is advertised as being limited in quantity it will not be eligible for price matching. "

So are you SURE you got it for less than what Walmart was advertising it for and had Best Buy go against their own price match policy to sell you this phone?

kt2271 wrote:

I find that all a bit odd especially because of

1)Walmart is selling the GS2 for $164.99
http://www2-walmart.letstalk.com/product/product.htm?prId=39771

and

2) The Best Buy price match policy is that they have to call the local competitor and that location has to have it in stock with an advertised price. No stock = no price match.

From http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-Topics/Bestbuy.com-Price-Match-Guarantee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

"What if the competitor does not have the item in stock or has limited quantities of the product?

Sometimes a retailer will advertise a product as having limited quantities in stock. If the item is out of stock or the competitor has advertised as limited quantities of an item, it is not eligible for price matching. Likewise, if Best Buy has a product that is advertised as being limited in quantity it will not be eligible for price matching. "

So are you SURE you got it for less than what Walmart was advertising it for and had Best Buy go against their own price match policy to sell you this phone?

14 of 15 (859 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2011 7:22:17 AM
(0)
Teacher

Most places won't PM. Just get it online.

Most places won't PM. Just get it online.

15 of 15 (738 Views)