PROBLEMS- ATT gave me Unlock, but nothing happens after I use steps in Itunes, NO UNLOCK MESSAGE

PROBLEMS- ATT gave me Unlock, but nothing happens after I use steps in Itunes, NO UNLOCK MESSAGE

Hi, I am having PROBLEMS with the factory unlock ATT just gave me ,

nothing happens after I use the restore steps in Itunes, NO UNLOCK MESSAGE

I got the verification email from ATT saying they aproveds my request to factory unlock, then they said I just needed to plug my iphone connected to itunes (before this I gave them my phones IMEI number to identify the phone), and then when the phone starts it is suppost to be unlocked BUT IT IS NOT.

what I am doing wrong???

I will appreciate you help?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
Professor

Re: PROBLEMS- ATT gave me Unlock, but nothing happens after I use steps in Itunes, NO UNLOCK MESSAGE

First, when did you get the email? It may take a day or two from the time that AT&T approves the unlock until Apple's servers get updated. Second, are you restoring the phone? You need to restore, not simply plug it into iTunes.
Message 2 of 7

Re: PROBLEMS- ATT gave me Unlock, but nothing happens after I use steps in Itunes, NO UNLOCK MESSAGE

Yes, I restored it, I did all the steps the email described. I connected it, then I did a back up, then I did the restored. I was reading some posts and they say I was supost to get a message in Itunes saying " Congratulatioins!, Your iphone has been unlocked", but I never got that email.

About when did I get the email, it was yesterday, then I restored the phone inmediatly after I got the email. Maybe I need to wait more?, also, I noticed my phone has the 5.1.1 installed, do you think that is the problem?, my friend did this last week before 5.1.1 came out and his unlock went great. I dont know why it does not work with me. 

Message 3 of 7
Professor

I don't think the iOS version being 5.1.1 has anything to do with it. It sounds like Apple just hasn't updated their server yet.
Message 4 of 7
Master

Agree the email from AT&T can come sooner than Apples's servers are updated. They are probably replicated in numerous places and it takes time. Try another restore and see what happens.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Teacher

Submit the apple server may take some time, I suggest you two days to try.
Message 6 of 7
Teacher

Submit the apple server may take some time, I suggest you twodays to try.

Message 7 of 7
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support