Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Jun 10, 2009
4:43:40 PM
POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!
I think it's really bad that an existing customer cannot take advantage of these great prices on the 8GB IPhone. T-Mobile did the same thing which is why I came here and now I'm getting it stuck to me again! Thank AT&T for really caring about the customers that support you!!
I think it's really bad that an existing customer cannot take advantage of these great prices on the 8GB IPhone. T-Mobile did the same thing which is why I came here and now I'm getting it stuck to me again! Thank AT&T for really caring about the customers that support you!!

POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 4:58:26 PM
(0)
Master
You signed a contract and you got some phone at a discounted price.  Until you meet your obligation to fullfil that contract, why should they subsidize another phone for you?  To top it all off all carriers are like this.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
You signed a contract and you got some phone at a discounted price.  Until you meet your obligation to fullfil that contract, why should they subsidize another phone for you?  To top it all off all carriers are like this.

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES!!!

2 of 7 (1,186 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 5:29:03 PM
(0)
Scholar

stevedale70 wrote:

What are you talking about?  I am an existing customer, under contract, and I can get the 16GB 3Gs on day one for a sweet $299.  Sounds to me like pretty good business practices to this current customer who is getting exactly what was promised.

stevedale70 wrote:

What are you talking about?  I am an existing customer, under contract, and I can get the 16GB 3Gs on day one for a sweet $299.  Sounds to me like pretty good business practices to this current customer who is getting exactly what was promised.

3 of 7 (1,158 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 7:39:48 PM
(0)
Contributor
I agree!  Someone at AT&T needs to go back to business school.  All cases here aren't the same.  In my opinion all of the folks that got the heavily subsidized iPhone 3G last year should not be able to turn around and get another heavily subsidized phone before their contract is up.  But in some cases people didn't get a subsidized phone from AT&T and are still being required to pay the $399 for the new iPhone 3Gs 16MB.  Our family got one of the Original iPhones on iDay back in 2007 (this one is eligible for upgrade) and we added a phone that someone gave my son for Christmas (not free paid for by AT&T at all).  I understand we are under contract, but if we didn't get any money from AT&T for the phone why can't we extend our contract another two years and get the new iPhone 3Gs?  As it stands AT&T is getting about $150 per month from our Family Plan account, if we were able to upgrade the little feature phone that we brought to the party in the first place they would get $200 per month.  That's $50 extra a month for 24 months.  If my math is correct that's $1200 they won't be getting from me just so they can get an extra $200 upfront.  This is just a little absurd to me.  My wife and I have called customer care twice and even talked to a Supervisor and AT&T just isn't budging.  Their loss, the Palm Pre is starting to look better to me by the minute.  I just wonder how many other people are in this same boat?  This is so discouraging that at the end of the last phone on our Family Plan is expired we will probably walk away completely so AT&T really stands to loss more.  I think if more people start leaving maybe they will get the message.  I guess I'll have to wait until the iPhone LTE or 4G comes out on Verizon.  
I agree!  Someone at AT&T needs to go back to business school.  All cases here aren't the same.  In my opinion all of the folks that got the heavily subsidized iPhone 3G last year should not be able to turn around and get another heavily subsidized phone before their contract is up.  But in some cases people didn't get a subsidized phone from AT&T and are still being required to pay the $399 for the new iPhone 3Gs 16MB.  Our family got one of the Original iPhones on iDay back in 2007 (this one is eligible for upgrade) and we added a phone that someone gave my son for Christmas (not free paid for by AT&T at all).  I understand we are under contract, but if we didn't get any money from AT&T for the phone why can't we extend our contract another two years and get the new iPhone 3Gs?  As it stands AT&T is getting about $150 per month from our Family Plan account, if we were able to upgrade the little feature phone that we brought to the party in the first place they would get $200 per month.  That's $50 extra a month for 24 months.  If my math is correct that's $1200 they won't be getting from me just so they can get an extra $200 upfront.  This is just a little absurd to me.  My wife and I have called customer care twice and even talked to a Supervisor and AT&T just isn't budging.  Their loss, the Palm Pre is starting to look better to me by the minute.  I just wonder how many other people are in this same boat?  This is so discouraging that at the end of the last phone on our Family Plan is expired we will probably walk away completely so AT&T really stands to loss more.  I think if more people start leaving maybe they will get the message.  I guess I'll have to wait until the iPhone LTE or 4G comes out on Verizon.  

4 of 7 (1,121 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 8:19:52 PM
(0)
Expert

Kaysers wrote:

But you see, you may walk away because you dont feel this is right for what they are doing, however there are going to be people leaving the other carriers like before and there will be peole leaving ATTM for the other carriers because they want the iPhone and the people are leaving ATTM because they cant get what they are not entitled for (not saying that this is applying to you), it is a win lose situation, you cant keep everyone happy, you have to make as many people as happy as possible with as little expenditure aspossible, unfortunately bring in the new customers and getting the contracts and activation fee's and such is better business considering lots of people are going to also leave but get hit with their ETF for not adhering to what they stated they would.

Kaysers wrote:

But you see, you may walk away because you dont feel this is right for what they are doing, however there are going to be people leaving the other carriers like before and there will be peole leaving ATTM for the other carriers because they want the iPhone and the people are leaving ATTM because they cant get what they are not entitled for (not saying that this is applying to you), it is a win lose situation, you cant keep everyone happy, you have to make as many people as happy as possible with as little expenditure aspossible, unfortunately bring in the new customers and getting the contracts and activation fee's and such is better business considering lots of people are going to also leave but get hit with their ETF for not adhering to what they stated they would.

5 of 7 (1,099 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 8:26:48 PM
(0)
Guru

stevedale70 wrote:
Maybe you should understand by now that you signed a contract.  It happened with t-mobile and now with AT&T.  Does anyone see a pattern here?

stevedale70 wrote:
Maybe you should understand by now that you signed a contract.  It happened with t-mobile and now with AT&T.  Does anyone see a pattern here?

6 of 7 (1,090 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 10, 2009 8:55:45 PM
(0)
Scholar
I checked my update status yesterday and my upgrade status is now 8/25/09. I bought my iPhone 3G on 8/25/08. I am not going to upgrade but I agree this is a CASE BY CASE scenario.
I checked my update status yesterday and my upgrade status is now 8/25/09. I bought my iPhone 3G on 8/25/08. I am not going to upgrade but I agree this is a CASE BY CASE scenario.

7 of 7 (1,065 Views)