Helpful Links

PC Card USB 881 or Express Card 881 - Signal Strength

Voyager

PC Card USB 881 or Express Card 881 - Signal Strength

Purchased USB 881 card but after reading some reports and reviews on the net , concern that the reception sginal on the USB adapter may not be strong enough compared to Express 881 adapter.

Anyone has experience with that.

My signal is -100db.

Thanks
ROman
Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: PC Card USB 881 or Express Card 881 - Signal Strength

No experience but with a -100dbm signal your not going to remain connected for very long.
Message 2 of 5
Voyager

Anyone looked into getting portable antena to boost the signal?  Something that would fit in a backpack with laptop.  I see that SeirraWireless has lists of vendors that sell antenas. 

Roman
Message 3 of 5
Scholar

I have read in another post that someone had acquired a male / female USB cord and used that to be able to position the USB 881 differently (closer to a window, etc.) for better reception.  I recently got the USB 881 and have had very strong signal strength and performance.  It replaced a express card but that was from a different carrier so no real comparison.  Did you check the AT&T coverage map for data coverage for your address / zip code? 
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Teacher

I bought a 6' USB extension cable for my USB881 to get it on the window sill. The connection and speed is much improved on both the desktop and laptop. 
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?
Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

AT&T Locker is being discontinued on August 3rd. Find out what you need to do.

Additional Support