PC Card USB 881 or Express Card 881 - Signal Strength

Voyager

PC Card USB 881 or Express Card 881 - Signal Strength

Purchased USB 881 card but after reading some reports and reviews on the net , concern that the reception sginal on the USB adapter may not be strong enough compared to Express 881 adapter.

Anyone has experience with that.

My signal is -100db.

Thanks
ROman
Message 1 of 5
Master

Re: PC Card USB 881 or Express Card 881 - Signal Strength

No experience but with a -100dbm signal your not going to remain connected for very long.
Message 2 of 5
Voyager

Anyone looked into getting portable antena to boost the signal?  Something that would fit in a backpack with laptop.  I see that SeirraWireless has lists of vendors that sell antenas. 

Roman
Message 3 of 5
Scholar

I have read in another post that someone had acquired a male / female USB cord and used that to be able to position the USB 881 differently (closer to a window, etc.) for better reception.  I recently got the USB 881 and have had very strong signal strength and performance.  It replaced a express card but that was from a different carrier so no real comparison.  Did you check the AT&T coverage map for data coverage for your address / zip code? 
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Teacher

I bought a 6' USB extension cable for my USB881 to get it on the window sill. The connection and speed is much improved on both the desktop and laptop. 
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support