Ovi Store Help!

Ovi Store Help!

Hi there,

When I try to purchase games and apps at the Ovi Store on my Nokia N8, I cannot use credit card as the billing option. Can someone at AT&T enable credit card billing at my phone? Thanks!

Message 1 of 16 (862 Views)
Expert

Re: Ovi Store Help!

neilrossgoco wrote:

Hi there,

When I try to purchase games and apps at the Ovi Store on my Nokia N8, I cannot use credit card as the billing option. Can someone at AT&T enable credit card billing at my phone? Thanks!

call them, no one on the forums can assist.

Message 2 of 16 (827 Views)

[ Edited ]

Aside from calling, how can I reach them? I'm currently outside of US at the moment. Can someone call them for me and tell them to enable card billing on my account at the Ovi Store? Here is my phone number that you'll tell them {Personal info edited}

Thanks.

**Mod Note**Per Forum Guidelines, please do not post personal information.

Message 3 of 16 (816 Views)
Explorer

wow, really?

Message 4 of 16 (805 Views)

What?
Message 5 of 16 (788 Views)
Explorer

no one can call them for you. I'm sorry, I did not think you were serious.

Message 6 of 16 (780 Views)
ACE - Expert

neilrossgoco wrote:

Hi there,

You can do it yourself.

1. Sign into the OVI store on your PC
  2. Click on Account in the top right corner
  3. Click on Payment Settings on the left-hand side
  4. Proceed to add a credit card

Hope this helps

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 16 (759 Views)

I'm serious. If someone can talk to AT&T tell them to enable card billing on my account please. Adding my card at Ovi website on PC doesn't helps.
Message 8 of 16 (748 Views)
ACE - Expert

neilrossgoco wrote:
I'm serious. If someone can talk to AT&T tell them to enable card billing on my account please. Adding my card at Ovi website on PC doesn't helps.

We're serious, too -- nobody here can talk to AT&T on your behalf because AT&T won't talk to anyone who's not you. Besides, who knows if AT&T CS is even capable of doing this thing, it may be hidden in the billing system or something. You're right, adding a CC in the Ovi store does not solve your problem right away, it requires another couple of minutes and a WiFi connection.

1. Pull the SIM from the phone
  2. Reboot
  3. Allow connection to WiFi in the Offline mode
  4. Connect to Ovi store on the phone
  5. Login
  6. Go to whatever you want to buy
  7. Click Buy
  8. Notice that the CC now appears as a payment option, along with a way to choose a different payment method.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 16 (734 Views)
Former Employee

Correct me if i'm wrong, but as far as I know AT&T doesn't sell Nokia N8, and doesn't own an Ovi store, why would you expect AT&T's to enable cc billing?

Message 10 of 16 (720 Views)

Thanks. Will try it later.

AT&T allows phone billing in Ovi Store. FYI.
Message 11 of 16 (647 Views)
ACE - Expert

neilrossgoco wrote:
Thanks. Will try it later.

If it's not too much trouble, please let us know if it worked.

Message 12 of 16 (627 Views)

I tried inserting my sim and then removing it. I then turned on my phone and connected toma WiFi comnection but it didn't worked.
Message 13 of 16 (607 Views)
ACE - Expert

neilrossgoco wrote:
I tried inserting my sim and then removing it. I then turned on my phone and connected toma WiFi comnection but it didn't worked.

Did you get some sort of error? Were you able to sign into the OVI store?

Message 14 of 16 (589 Views)

When I try to buy apps it says there are no payment methods available for your account. I guess AT&T really have to enable card billing on my account.
Message 15 of 16 (581 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.