Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Sep 25, 2011
9:59:33 AM
View profile
Out of state phone usage

I recently came over to at&t from Verizon.  When I visited in another state,  Verizon recommended to do an update for the area I would be in.  How do I,  or do I need to do something like this?

Thanks,  Bill

I recently came over to at&t from Verizon.  When I visited in another state,  Verizon recommended to do an update for the area I would be in.  How do I,  or do I need to do something like this?

Thanks,  Bill

Out of state phone usage

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2011 10:01:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

Do you mean to use your wireless services? If so, then you do not have to update anything and can continue to use your device as normal. Smiley Happy

I would say the only time you would need to update the area you will be in, is if only you are moving etc. Smiley Wink

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy

Do you mean to use your wireless services? If so, then you do not have to update anything and can continue to use your device as normal. Smiley Happy

I would say the only time you would need to update the area you will be in, is if only you are moving etc. Smiley Wink

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine :)
- Sunshine :)
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Out of state phone usage

2 of 5 (260 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2011 1:30:39 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by ilikewireless on Sep 25, 2011 at 1:31:19 PM

tucson146 wrote:

Thanks,  Bill

I think you are referring to PRL, or Preferred Roaming List that Verizon recommends updating from time to time.

Most people would say that there's no exact equivalent in GSM network like AT&T. It's automatic with AT&T, as Evandela suggested.

tucson146 wrote:

Thanks,  Bill

I think you are referring to PRL, or Preferred Roaming List that Verizon recommends updating from time to time.

Most people would say that there's no exact equivalent in GSM network like AT&T. It's automatic with AT&T, as Evandela suggested.

[ Edited ]
3 of 5 (250 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2011 3:04:11 PM
(0)
Scholar

Yes,  Thank you,  that's the answer I needed. 

Yes,  Thank you,  that's the answer I needed. 

4 of 5 (243 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 25, 2011 4:36:47 PM
(0)
Professor
You're welcome. :-)
You're welcome. :-)

5 of 5 (234 Views)