Out of state phone usage

Scholar

Out of state phone usage

I recently came over to at&t from Verizon.  When I visited in another state,  Verizon recommended to do an update for the area I would be in.  How do I,  or do I need to do something like this?

Thanks,  Bill

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Professor

Re: Out of state phone usage

Do you mean to use your wireless services? If so, then you do not have to update anything and can continue to use your device as normal. Smiley Happy

I would say the only time you would need to update the area you will be in, is if only you are moving etc. Smiley Wink

~ Evandela ~

~Sunshine Smiley Happy
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Professor

tucson146 wrote:

I recently came over to at&t from Verizon.  When I visited in another state,  Verizon recommended to do an update for the area I would be in.  How do I,  or do I need to do something like this?

Thanks,  Bill

I think you are referring to PRL, or Preferred Roaming List that Verizon recommends updating from time to time.

Most people would say that there's no exact equivalent in GSM network like AT&T. It's automatic with AT&T, as Evandela suggested.

Message 3 of 5
Scholar

Yes,  Thank you,  that's the answer I needed. 

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Professor

You're welcome. :-)
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Are you looking to upgrade and activate your device?

Let us help make Ordering, Upgrading and Activating easy!

Additional Support