Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 15, 2011
7:59:36 PM
View profile
Otter box problems.
My wife has the iPhone 4 with a otter box. Here's the problem he screen does go dark when she is talking on the phone! But when she took the iPhone out of the otter box that problem went away. Any one else have this problem? And a friend of mine has the same iPhone and otter box he has the same problem.
My wife has the iPhone 4 with a otter box. Here's the problem he screen does go dark when she is talking on the phone! But when she took the iPhone out of the otter box that problem went away. Any one else have this problem? And a friend of mine has the same iPhone and otter box he has the same problem.
hello!!!

Otter box problems.

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 8:06:19 PM
(0)
Master

graphite07 wrote:

I am confused.  The screen should go dark when you put the phone up to your ear.  No need to see it from your ear:-)  When it is out of the case and stays on, that is more of an issue/flaw with the sensor on the 4.  However, take note that if you look at the 4S, there is an opening at the sensor to get a more consistent behavior.  Also, take a look at the defender case for the 4S, it is different.....

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

graphite07 wrote:

I am confused.  The screen should go dark when you put the phone up to your ear.  No need to see it from your ear:-)  When it is out of the case and stays on, that is more of an issue/flaw with the sensor on the 4.  However, take note that if you look at the 4S, there is an opening at the sensor to get a more consistent behavior.  Also, take a look at the defender case for the 4S, it is different.....

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

Re: Otter box problems.

2 of 8 (470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 8:41:09 PM
(0)
Professor
Yes I missed typed it does not go dark in the otter box case. Out side the case it blacks out
Yes I missed typed it does not go dark in the otter box case. Out side the case it blacks out
hello!!!

3 of 8 (454 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 8:48:31 PM
(0)
Scholar
I have the iPhone 4 with an Otterbox (commuter series). The screen goes dark on mine. Which one does she have? The one I have has a stick on screen protector and not the built in plastic one.
I have the iPhone 4 with an Otterbox (commuter series). The screen goes dark on mine. Which one does she have? The one I have has a stick on screen protector and not the built in plastic one.

4 of 8 (446 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 15, 2011 9:38:11 PM
(0)
Professor
She has the otter box defender case it has the screen protector also. Something about that case,my friend his phone doing the same thing same case otter box defender Series. . Remove the case problem goes away.
She has the otter box defender case it has the screen protector also. Something about that case,my friend his phone doing the same thing same case otter box defender Series. . Remove the case problem goes away.
hello!!!

5 of 8 (432 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 7:25:53 AM
(0)
Tutor
I'm betting she has the white iPhone. The old otterbox defender works with the black iPhone 4 and black iPhone 4s. The white iPhones will need the new otterbox defender case. They moved the censors on the white iPhones for some reason. Otterbox's website claims the old style defender case will not work with the new iPhone 4s, but I promise it does for my AT&T black iPhone 4s I'm using it right now. Otterbox wants people to run out and pay $50 for a new one when a lot of us have great ones sitting at home.
I'm betting she has the white iPhone. The old otterbox defender works with the black iPhone 4 and black iPhone 4s. The white iPhones will need the new otterbox defender case. They moved the censors on the white iPhones for some reason. Otterbox's website claims the old style defender case will not work with the new iPhone 4s, but I promise it does for my AT&T black iPhone 4s I'm using it right now. Otterbox wants people to run out and pay $50 for a new one when a lot of us have great ones sitting at home.

6 of 8 (383 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 8:02:07 AM
(0)
Guru
I have the Otterbox Impact case from my 4 that I'm using with my new 4s. The only difference is the silent switch is slightly off kilter but still usable. All the other buttons & holes match up!
I have the Otterbox Impact case from my 4 that I'm using with my new 4s. The only difference is the silent switch is slightly off kilter but still usable. All the other buttons & holes match up!

7 of 8 (371 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2011 8:14:37 AM
(0)
Professor

dochutch wrote:

yes you are correct she has the white iphone 4. thak you for the info....

dochutch wrote:

yes you are correct she has the white iphone 4. thak you for the info....

hello!!!

8 of 8 (366 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments