Ask a question
Search in Wireless Forums

Wireless Forum

Posted Oct 10, 2011
9:05:38 AM
View profile
Ordered wrong iphone 4s and too late to change or cancel online order. What are my options?

I ordered a 16gb iphone 4s instead of the 32 gb and have been trying to change or cancel my order for the last 3 days.  Finally got someone of the phone who can help me and luckily she told me it is too late to change or cancel my order right before AT&T's sytems dropped me.  I was on hold for over 2 hours and didn't get the information I need I'm a little upset right now.  After the phone is delivered what are my options to changing to the 32 gb model??

I ordered a 16gb iphone 4s instead of the 32 gb and have been trying to change or cancel my order for the last 3 days.  Finally got someone of the phone who can help me and luckily she told me it is too late to change or cancel my order right before AT&T's sytems dropped me.  I was on hold for over 2 hours and didn't get the information I need I'm a little upset right now.  After the phone is delivered what are my options to changing to the 32 gb model??

Ordered wrong iphone 4s and too late to change or cancel online order. What are my options?

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 9:09:48 AM
(0)
Scholar

jinro79 wrote:

Best advice is:

when the phone arrives, take it to an AT&T corporate store and ask them to swap it. DON'T open the shrink wrapped phone box.

You may have to wait if the store doesn't have the phone you want in stock, but they can change it no problem.

jinro79 wrote:

Best advice is:

when the phone arrives, take it to an AT&T corporate store and ask them to swap it. DON'T open the shrink wrapped phone box.

You may have to wait if the store doesn't have the phone you want in stock, but they can change it no problem.

Re: Ordered wrong iphone 4s and too late to change or cancel online order. What are my options?

2 of 7 (907 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 9:10:57 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for thr prompt reply!

Thanks for thr prompt reply!

Re: Ordered wrong iphone 4s and too late to change or cancel online order. What are my options?

3 of 7 (904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2011 9:13:21 AM
(0)
Scholar

No worries. You'll obviously have to pay the difference in the cost of the phone, and may have to pay a ~$39 fee to get it changed over (some folks can magically waive this, others won't), but all in all, it's not difficult to do the swap.

No worries. You'll obviously have to pay the difference in the cost of the phone, and may have to pay a ~$39 fee to get it changed over (some folks can magically waive this, others won't), but all in all, it's not difficult to do the swap.

4 of 7 (901 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 8:02:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

Spoke with ATT and they will not let you return the phone to their store.  you have to refuse the shipment and then wait....

Spoke with ATT and they will not let you return the phone to their store.  you have to refuse the shipment and then wait....

5 of 7 (611 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 10:58:35 AM
(0)
Master

jinro79 wrote:

I would go talk with your local store and ask for a manager and ask them if they will help!  The phone reps have to follow policy and the store folks may have some leeway and/or willing to help!  If they will help then you know to accept the delivery.

As long as you do not open the package, you should not have to pay a restocking fee as the iphone is still new!  If this was from Apple directly, the store would have done the exchange and gladly helped you with the upgrade to a larger phone.

Good Luck!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

jinro79 wrote:

I would go talk with your local store and ask for a manager and ask them if they will help!  The phone reps have to follow policy and the store folks may have some leeway and/or willing to help!  If they will help then you know to accept the delivery.

As long as you do not open the package, you should not have to pay a restocking fee as the iphone is still new!  If this was from Apple directly, the store would have done the exchange and gladly helped you with the upgrade to a larger phone.

Good Luck!

For service or support questions including existing order status, call:
Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500

Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser:
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/
Posted from my iPhone _____________________________ For service or support questions including existing order status, call: Customer Support: 1-800-331-0500 Information on iPhone unlocking can be found here by copying this link into your browser: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/

6 of 7 (574 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2011 12:46:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

I took the time to actually read the paper work that came with the one phone that was delivered and it clearly says that you can return or exchange the phone to one of their stores! I have it in writing!! Thanks again for  your advice.  Why does AT&T feel like need to LIE TO THEIR CUSTOMERS??

I took the time to actually read the paper work that came with the one phone that was delivered and it clearly says that you can return or exchange the phone to one of their stores! I have it in writing!! Thanks again for  your advice.  Why does AT&T feel like need to LIE TO THEIR CUSTOMERS??

7 of 7 (543 Views)